• 1. Yes, and I use it regularly.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 2. Yes, but I don’t use it much.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • 3. It’s in storage somewhere.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 4. No, been done with that.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 5. What’s a VCR (don't know or never had one)?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
In this day and age where it’s DVDs, DL Content, portable players, PCs, I”everything”, AVI, MPG4, Media Players & Thumb Drives, streaming entertainment servers, STBs, On-Demand, etc, etc, etc, the old VHS VCR seems to be gasping its last.

Do you still have a VCR? If so, do you use it?

I took my VCR out of my entertainment system a couple years ago, but it’s still in the closet and should work fine. But, at this point, 90% of what I had/have on tape is in my disc collection now.

goatherder

I voted yes, I use it regularly, but the truth is somewhere between regular and not so much. I have many important, home made movies still on VCR tapes, like family get togethers and European vacations. I have three store bought movies; Citizen Kane, It's a Wonderful Life and Babe (the pig). I have the old 16, or was it 8 mm movies from my childhood and the best copy is the VCR tape, very disappointed with the DVD version.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
One left here, it's part of a combo DVD/VCR player in my office.

We have a few VCR tapes of family stuff that I intend to transfer to DVD. Once that is done the VCR half of the player will just gather dust.

jim

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, that's what got me thinking about it. I've got 3 VHS family movies in the rack. I need to convert them to DVD, I've got the equipment, but even that requires busting out the VCR. I'm thinking, if I bust out the VCR, just watch the movies already! :lol:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You now what's funny, I bought a used DVD movie from eBay the other day, and it came from an old Mom & Pop video rental store. There was a sticker on the inside of the case that said "Be Kind & Rewind" :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

loboloco

I have two, but almost never use them. On the other hand, I have two DVD players and use them even less.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I used to work for a movie distributer and we have hundreds of tapes. Some old first prints with original box art and boxes (clam shells).

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yes.. in fact I just watched Rudy and Hoosiers yesterday.. on........... gasp!!*** TAPE! LOL
Had to dust it off first..:whistling:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a VCR/DVD player recorder still hooked to my living room TV though rarely use it. I also have a Blu-Ray player connected to the same system. I have recently upgraded my Directv to a Whole Home system and DirecTV Cinema which works well using on HD DVR in the house that is accessible by the other sets in the house as well.

Guilty. We have a couple kicking around - & this after we also donated a couple to Goodwill. Don't use them often, but I do have a few old British movies on tape that haven't come out on DVD yet that I still enjoy watching (not to mention my wedding/honeymoon that I've yet to transfer to disc). My favorite VCR is the one I have that's built into a small portable tv that, since it can't be used as a tv anymore, is sort of a cute & perfect setup for an occasional tape-fest without having to be hooked up to the big screen.

Deelady

I answered yes ( I have 2) and use it regularily BUT.....now the second one just just recently broke thanks to my little one shoving a DVD into it....uhg.
I have tons of tapes as do my daughters for disney movies but I am not so sure I want to bother getting yet ANOTHER machine! I'm sure we will eventually though since they are so reasonably priced.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
When DVD came on the scene I saw the light and had all my VHS home movies converted. Presently I have three 3D Blu-Ray players, actually four when I include the PS-3. All of them will upconvert standard definition DVD content to 1080p high definition so I have no need for a DVD player which is also in the dinosaur category.

Norm

I have one and it is still hooked up but I can't remember the last time I used it. I don't use the DVD player much either, just don't watch too many movies at all.

My son and his SO, on the other hand watch movies all the time. He has a lot of them stored on his computer which uses his flat screen TV as one of his monitors and most of the rest of the movies he gets on line from Netflix whose services he has been using longer than anyone I know- around 12 years, I think.