Bought new flat screen TV / DVD combo for the bedroom!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just brought a new flat screen HD TV for the bedroom!

It a Toshiba 19-inch that has its own built in DVD player. I can now watch movies on DVD in the bedroom instead of just in the living room.

It works like a charm!! It was purchased from Amazon.com. The picture resolution is great and the DVD player is so convenient to have and use! :)

Attachments

• 51gw8M1bU+L.jpg
    51gw8M1bU+L.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 127

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
If you have a NetFlix account and WiFi in your house you might want to consider getting a Roku box. That way you could stream movies, many of which are HD.

Shermie

Site Supporter
First time hearing of this.

Sounds cool! I might invest in one of them

I once had a Netflix account and I don't have WiFi yet.

Can't it run off the existing High-Speed Broadband Internet service? Or do I need Netflix and WiFi to be able to use it?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You don't need wireless as you can hook it up directly to a wired router. Yes, you need a NetFlix account. The Roku box also will give you Pandora for music of your design, YouTube, and several other applications.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice TV. I got one much like that (w/ a DVD built in) for the captains quarters (aka master bedroom) on the houseboat. It works out great.
The netflix option is a good one. If you already have wii or any game system that can work much like the Ruku box doing the connection to NetFlix for you.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks.

Still learning some things on it, and I'm almost done fine tuning it. I've adjusted ans fine tuned the picture's color and size.

And you're right, it truly does make a fine addition to & for the bedroom!! :clap:

FooD

Those new Roku boxes are really cheap now. My $99 Roku non-HD box I bought a year ago died a few months back so I've had my Netflix acc't on hold since...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Those new Roku boxes are really cheap now. My $99 Roku non-HD box I bought a year ago died a few months back so I've had my Netflix acc't on hold since...

A buddy of mine just bought a new Blu-Ray LG DVD player with WiFi. It comes with server software. You can (wirelessly) stream movies (AVI, MP4, etc) from your PC to it, you can stream YouTube (Roku can't as they don't have a license with Google over that yet), you can stream Pandora, Netflix, and many other IP based channels, and it has USB for playback of vids and pics from a Flashdrive.

All of that for 189.00. I'm so getting one!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
A buddy of mine just bought a new Blu-Ray LG DVD player with WiFi. It comes with server software. You can (wirelessly) stream movies (AVI, MP4, etc) from your PC to it, you can stream YouTube (Roku can't as they don't have a license with Google over that yet), you can stream Pandora, Netflix, and many other IP based channels, and it has USB for playback of vids and pics from a Flashdrive.

All of that for 189.00. I'm so getting one!

Thanks Keltin, I'm gonna look into that as well.

If you guys are interested in 3D and can hold off for a bit you might want to look into getting a Panasonic DMP-BDT350 Blu-Ray player. Black Friday should yield some good prices. It not only plays Blu-Ray 3D discs and it comes with a dongle for WiFi, both home and Internet. Applications include NetFlix, Pandora, YouTube, Picassa, and Bloomberg with more on the way.