Wednesday 12/7/2011 Hey what's cookin'?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have homemade Burger helper Stroganoff planned. I have made a homemade cheezburger helper but this will be a first run at Burger Stroganoff. Side will be a salad and peas & pearl onions (maybe I'll put the peas in the stroganoff).

Any plans?

Ronjohn

Not sure yet. My wife is sick so dinner plans are in flux. It was going to be burger night, now not so sure. If she doesn't go to bowling, no sense going out to eat. About the only sure thing right now is leftover spaghetti for lunch, since I actually remembered to bring my lunch with me into the office today.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got turkey and sausage gumbo left from last night, but I might just make a big chef salad. I bought some of the Marie's chunky blue cheese dressing, and I'm dying to try it out.

Embryodad

Not sure yet. My wife is sick so dinner plans are in flux. It was going to be burger night, now not so sure. If she doesn't go to bowling, no sense going out to eat. About the only sure thing right now is leftover spaghetti for lunch, since I actually remembered to bring my lunch with me into the office today.
Tell the wife...feel better. That is so sad that she feels ill.

Embryodad

I had visions of making the seafood gumbo... but it all turned into a Bumbo.

DD is here cleaning for the holiday's...and MOTHER is here pick pick pick pick...

Need I say more??

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Someone asked about rice pudding. I haven't made it in so long. I have a recipe based on my aunt's recipe that I will be trying tonight. I am going to try it with brown rice. Also instead of standing and stirring for 45 +/- minutes I am going to cook the rice in the pressure cooker. I will report back later or tomorrow. MAYBE LOL

Embryodad

Someone asked about rice pudding. I haven't made it in so long. I have a recipe based on my aunt's recipe that I will be trying tonight. I am going to try it with brown rice. Also instead of standing and stirring for 45 +/- minutes I am going to cook the rice in the pressure cooker. I will report back later or tomorrow. MAYBE LOL
OOoooooo Peeeeeep...
I love rice pudding. My moms recipe.
Tina makes it..and I am "Stir Boy"... for like you said..45 minutes or so.

I don't like the pudding runny and watery like we get in some restaurants.
I like it on the firm set side, and mom used to brown the top in the broiler till it put a sweet crust on top. Oh So Good!...

Right Now..."T' is gonna make us some F U D G E ! !...Ummmm! w Nuts for meemeemee!

Embryodad

It's not only What's Cookin...It's who's cookin.

Mama Tiny T _ T's Tina...is cooking sausage and peppers for me..with Onions Too!!! Yay!....
I guess because I am changing the cabinet pulls..she figured she better cook for Her M A N ! .....hahaha

Geeze...It sounds like Tarzan and Jane..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade Burger stroganoff, peas & pearl onions and salad

120711_burger_stroganoff.jpg

Embryodad

:bbq:
Mommy "T" cooked!

Sausage / peppers / potatoes / onions..
No red tomato sauce...just carmelized in the juice.
Then she made one of those 99 cent pies from Walmart in the toaster oven. Cherry / Berry.. Good!

1888fc32.jpg

44893e4c.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks good Jimmy and Peepers!

I love hamburger stroganoff.

Jimmy, I hope you had some nice bread to soak all of that wonderful juice up.

Ronjohn, I hope DW gets to feeling better.

Cooksie, your dinner sounds good. If the chunky blue cheese is anything like the other Marie's dressings, it's bound to be good!

How do you make the Greek sauce Lily?

Leni, I haven't had corned beef in.....golly, I guess it was St Patty's Day :ohmy:....I didn't realize it had been that long ago. I need ot pick some up the next time I'm at the store.

I've been making cookies all day so we just had soup and sandwiches.

Nancy-MD

I've never made rice pudding either, ever. But reading your post reminded me of my friend, who makes what she calls custard rice. She cooks rice in a pot, then while it's hot adds eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Stirs it all up together. That's it. I've half tempted to try it with only a cup of rice and see how it turns out.

Jimmy and Peep, your food looks delicious.

Everyone's food sound great.

I made cheesesteak sandwiches.

Attachments

• 12.7.11 cheesesteak.jpg
    12.7.11 cheesesteak.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 113

Embryodad

Looks good Jimmy and Peepers!

I love hamburger stroganoff.

Jimmy, I hope you had some nice bread to soak all of that wonderful juice up.

Ronjohn, I hope DW gets to feeling better.

Cooksie, your dinner sounds good. If the chunky blue cheese is anything like the other Marie's dressings, it's bound to be good!

How do you make the Greek sauce Lily?

Leni, I haven't had corned beef in.....golly, I guess it was St Patty's Day :ohmy:....I didn't realize it had been that long ago. I need ot pick some up the next time I'm at the store.

I've been making cookies all day so we just had soup and sandwiches.

Yep! Bread..with butter. Lots of butter.

I've never made rice pudding either, ever. But reading your post reminded me of my friend, who makes what she calls custard rice. She cooks rice in a pot, then while it's hot adds eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Stirs it all up together. That's it. I've half tempted to try it with only a cup of rice and see how it turns out.

Jimmy and Peep, your food looks delicious.

Everyone's food sound great.

I made cheesesteak sandwiches.

Thanks Nancy... Your sammie is making me hungry now. Again! haha

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama and Nan.

Nan your dinner looks great.

This recipe calls for 1 cup of long grain rice but all I have is brown, basmati, jasmine or uncle ben's converted. Not sure which I should use.

I also have Arborio rice. I have read Arborio is good for pudding.

Any opinions?

Last edited:

Embryodad

Thank you Mama and Nan.

Nan your dinner looks great.

This recipe calls for 1 cup of long grain rice but all I have is brown, basmati, jasmine or uncle ben's converted. Not sure which I should use.

I also have Arborio rice. I have read Arborio is good for pudding.

Any opinions?
peep.. Tina said use the Arborio.
It's a short grain and it will be soft. The longer grains are hard.

K

Kimchee

Leftover spaghetti and meatballs. I actually prefer it the
second day, with the leftover noodles all mixed in overnight.
Makes great sandwiches on leftover garlic bread, too! :)

Embryodad

Leftover spaghetti and meatballs. I actually prefer it the
second day, with the leftover noodles all mixed in overnight.
Makes great sandwiches on leftover garlic bread, too! :)
That is the first I have heard that spaghetti makes great sandwiches other than making them myself as a kid with leftover spaghetti.
My mom took spaghetti sandwiches to work with her. She was a seamstress, and she would put the sandwich wrapped in wax paper..on the steam pipes that went to the pressing machines.

OMG she said the other girls were going nutz with the aroma of the sandwich heating up.

I love spaghetti sandwiches on buttered toast. Not too dark!

Mom used to take the un-sauced plain spaghetti, and fry it in oil and butter with salt. We kids used to eat it with our fingers; picking up the crispy spaghetti and licking our fingers of the salt. That we were allowed to do.
My Gosh...that oil and butter would drip off our chins. L O L ...We had a big dish towel that we had to share to wipe our faces. Haaaaaaa!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm another for the arborio, due to its starch content & its cooking time, peepz. mrs. jimmy is definately corrrect on that, & mama is, well, mama. & as they say, 'momma knows best'. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama, T (Jimmy) and luvs.

I closed my eyes last night for a minute and woke up just now!! LOL I will make the pudding after breakfast and such.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
same thing, here, peepz~. early morning PT 4 this ankle, then i took my medicine, say 2 myself, 'i'll lay fer a minute' seeing as to how i was fading away @ my 'puter. 'noddin & that. managed to change (sorta) & crawl onto my snoozing couch to hide beneath a layer of down & a layer of fleece. i woke only when my kitties were meowing for dinner (an hour early, ornery kitties, lol-). now i'll be awake 4 a few days

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
same thing, here, peepz~. early morning PT 4 this ankle, then i took my medicine, say 2 myself, 'i'll lay fer a minute' seeing as to how i was fading away @ my 'puter. 'noddin & that. managed to change (sorta) & crawl onto my snoozing couch to hide beneath a layer of down & a layer of fleece. i woke only when my kitties were meowing for dinner (an hour early, ornery kitties, lol-). now i'll be awake 4 a few days
Days? You sound like me.

I was going to make a Thai stirfry last night, but pooped out what with having to deal with the critters in the nasty weather et al. So hubby picked up a couple of Chicken Parm subs from a local spot on his way home from work.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Days? You sound like me.

yeah- nearing 31 & sans a diagnosis. i jus don't snooze- i have anesthesia awareness & that. well, i used to. now, they nary bother & hit the nail on the head & intubate & knock this girl to the wind!