Tuesday 12/6/2011 Whatcha got cookin'?

Jim54

You have to join a photo place like Photobucket (I use that cuz it's easy to use)
I just copy the code...and Paste it on the composition page where I would like it, and when I click Pre-View it will show. If it doesn't show on the Pre-View it won't appear on the post. when you click Post.

It drove me nutz in the beginning when I tried, but once you get the hang of it...it does work.

(((JIMMY)))

I will try Photobucket. Mostly I use Google's Picasa because it will also be posted to my Google+ account and that saves me a little time.

Jim54

OK, trying to load the picture from Photobucket:

2011126BiscuitsandSausageGravy.jpg

And it worked!!!!

Jim54

MAMA'S FAMOUS SAUSAGE MEATLOAF

2011MamasFamousSausageMeatloaf.jpg

INTRODUCTION:

Of all the meatloaf recipes, this one is the closest to actually being mine. It is a compilation of many others with my modifications. In my opinion, it is the best meatloaf that I have ever tasted... and that is saying a lot since I really do not have very discerning taste-buds. It takes about 20 min prep and 1 hour to cook.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup of finely chopped onion
  • ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic (I love garlic so use a lot more)
  • 1 carrot, chopped fine
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup Ketchup
  • 1 ½ lbs ground chuck
  • ½ lbs of Italian Sausage (I used mild but some recipes call for spicy)
  • 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
  • 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
  • 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
  • 2 slices of old bread
DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
  2. In a large iron skillet cook the onions, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic in butter over medium heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Cover the skillet and stir occasionally until carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/3 cup of Ketchup. Cook for 1 minute. Let the mixture cool a while so that it does not cook the eggs in the step 4
  3. Place 2 slices of old bread in the bottom of a loaf pan. You can leave out the slices of bread but your meatloaf will have a lot of fat/oil around it.
  4. In a large bowl, combine the meats, eggs, vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, and parsley. Form into a loaf and put into the loaf pan. Cover the loaf with Ketchup.
  5. Bake the meatloaf in the oven for 1 hour.
  6. Remove the meatloaf from the pan and remove the slices of bread.

ALTERNATIVES:

If you do not like Italian Sausage, you can try veal, ground pork, or ground Turkey. If you use one of these options, use a pinch of fennel seeds and half a teaspoon of hot sauce.

BTW, I hope this is the place to post these recipes. Let me know it I should start a thread for each.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: MAMA'S FAMOUS SAUSAGE MEATLOAF

2011MamasFamousSausageMeatloaf.jpg

INTRODUCTION:

Of all the meatloaf recipes, this one is the closest to actually being mine. It is a compilation of many others with my modifications. In my opinion, it is the best meatloaf that I have ever tasted... and that is saying a lot since I really do not have very discerning taste-buds. It takes about 20 min prep and 1 hour to cook.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup of finely chopped onion
  • ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic (I love garlic so use a lot more)
  • 1 carrot, chopped fine
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup Ketchup
  • 1 ½ lbs ground chuck
  • ½ lbs of Italian Sausage (I used mild but some recipes call for spicy)
  • 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
  • 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
  • 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
  • 2 slices of old bread
DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
  2. In a large iron skillet cook the onions, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic in butter over medium heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Cover the skillet and stir occasionally until carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/3 cup of Ketchup. Cook for 1 minute. Let the mixture cool a while so that it does not cook the eggs in the step 4
  3. Place 2 slices of old bread in the bottom of a loaf pan. You can leave out the slices of bread but your meatloaf will have a lot of fat/oil around it.
  4. In a large bowl, combine the meats, eggs, vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, and parsley. Form into a loaf and put into the loaf pan. Cover the loaf with Ketchup.
  5. Bake the meatloaf in the oven for 1 hour.
  6. Remove the meatloaf from the pan and remove the slices of bread.
ALTERNATIVES:

If you do not like Italian Sausage, you can try veal, ground pork, or ground Turkey. If you use one of these options, use a pinch of fennel seeds and half a teaspoon of hot sauce.

BTW, I hope this is the place to post these recipes. Let me know it I should start a thread for each.
That looks great Jim.

Yes you should start a new thread for each recipe. That way they can be easily searched and found. We have a new thread for each days dinners so a recipe would get lost in the dinner threads.

There are different forum sections for different catagories. This recipe would go in the Meat Forum. Go to the main page with the Forums listed (Click the link >) http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/index.php the scroll to > Meats Forum > Beef Forum > http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59 >Then click the New Thread button. I hope this helps.

I started a thread for this recipe here >>> Jim54's MAMA'S FAMOUS SAUSAGE MEATLOAF

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
OK, trying to load the picture from Photobucket:

2011126BiscuitsandSausageGravy.jpg

And it worked!!!!

another easy way- i use my phone 4 pix, e-mail them to myself & open them, then rt. click & click on 'save as'. then when managing my attachments on here, i click the thumbnail, & voila!
(photobucket spams mails me so i avoid it, myself)