PanchoHambre

Hmm maybe not huh...

I'm still on my plan from last night because I never got around to it

Filetto Di Pomodoro

& Red Wine

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Mmmmmm that sounds yummmy! Much better than what we're having....western omelet and hashbrowns lol

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mardi Gras Begins!

Potato spinach rolls with a tasso ham glaze.
Individual oyster po'boys, dressed.
Fried okra with remoulade sauce.
Sliced fruit with honey & cayenne

Biegnets with mountains of 10x

Bourbon and more bourbon.

Laissez le bon temps roulle!

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm broiling a black pepper, s&p, and garlic powder rubbed angus london broil.
sides will be champ potatoes, and sauteed baby bok choy.

Locutus

I'm making cabbage rolls in tomatoe sauce, home made whole wheat French bread and baked sweet potatoes.

DW will be helping out by making homemade cream of mushroom soup. :chef:

babe

pan broil fish, potatoes and corn, vegs are left over and not a lot of either. so maybe another veg or salad.

High Cheese

Saucier
It's our 4th anniversary, we're going out to our favorite sports bar/restaurant for LI Iced Teas, Nachos Grande and Reubens.

GrantsKat

Well I was going to make BamsBBQ fajita paninis but hubby had to work, so I'll make them tomorrow instead.
Tonight for me I made shrimp salad in a romaine lettuce wrap...yummy, another pregnancy craving fulfilled LOL : )

Calicolady

Happy anniversary, Jeeks. Enjoy your dinner. I like your choice too!

Love2"Q", ???

Me, leftover pork and kraut.

PanchoHambre

ok dinner came perfect... mom came through with a recipe (sort of) and hell yeah mine was better than hers

*lightning strikes

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I had sushi again today, a good friend and favorite sushi chef returned to our local sushi bar, been there two days in a row now, this guy is talented! So no dinner tonight for me. But I made DH a fried egg and spam sammie! He's happy!

homecook

I marinated a london broil in a fajita marinade and grilled it on the stovetop grill, sliced thinly and I sauted green and red peppers and onions and topped it with sour cream on a tortilla. Dh had 3 (buritto-size), so I guess it was good! I had one small one (taco-size), I have no appetite.

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We had carry out tonight. DW had a consultation for a bid on a garden (and she got it!), and I was finishing up the kids cars (almost done). Got McDonalds for them and Mr. Submarine for us.

The Tourist

Banned
Yeah, I had to take the pussey posse out to Perkins tonight. ("ouch, my credit card!")

Every Friday night my wife, my SIL and my wife's friend Nikki go drown our sorrows in Mountain Dew and french fries at ol' Table #13.

Early Bird. Oy, I used to be tough...

buckytom

Grill Master
no mav. there's only so much we can learn from anal probing, and his is, well...

we've discontinued that practice, is all i'm gonna say. mankind is safe, thanks to wart.

ok, so, i brought the house down with last nights dinner. i think i may have discovered that asian answer to anchovy paste in italian cooking.

it's fish sauce. yes, i know, i'm only a beginner. :chef:

i made my rubbed london broiler (kosher salt, fresh cracked multi-colour pepper, maggi sauce, and evoo, then dusted in finely ground flax) in the broiler.

while it was-a broilin' (6 minutes on each side on the highest slot for a 1 1/2 inch thick piece of meat), i sauteed some halved baby bok choy in peanut oil, adding a teaspoon of minced fresh ginger, a 1/4 cup of minced shallot, and 2 minced cloves of garlic. as the smaller bits had just begun to brown, i added tbsp or two of soy sauce, fish sauce, and a little water and covered the saute tightly to allow to baby bok choy to steam for a minute in the sauce.

finally, i removed the bok choy to a serving bowl, and put a little butter over top to melt in.

the london broil was shaved, and the juices that ran out added to the remaing sauce in the saute. a tbsp of butter was also melted into the sauce, which was drizzled over the shaved meat.

dw peeled, cubed, and boiled potatoes while i was making the meat and veg.
the plain, textured, starchy spuds were a perfect accompanyment to the rich and salty sauce.

oh, i also picked up a fresh loaf of seeded semolina bread on the way home.

with more butter. :chef: