What's for dinner, Tuesday, January 3,2012?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Just finish an early lunch and getting ready to make potato cavatellis as a side dish for the breaded pork chops I'm making for dinner. I'll toss the cavatellis in olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and steamed broccoli, or maybe just make a simple white sauce. Time will tell...

How about your plans??

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made some cornbread dressing yesterday that was da'bomb (that means good in my book), so more of that tonight along with some turkey breast.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i think baked macaroni & cheese. i hata get cream & whole milk. that would be a good dish for my baby le creuset cocotte,- then i'll have just enough for a meal or 2 of good wintery weather food. broccoli w/ that.

if i can't get the milk/cream, i'm making 'sketti & clams.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had bacon chops, boiled potatoes, peas and creamy butternut squash.

Nancy-MD

We had soup and sandwich tonight.

Attachments

• 1.3.12.jpg
    1.3.12.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 123

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We had Poppy Seed Chicken with Peas and cheddar and herb biscuits:

PoppySeedChickenCasserole.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have decided that i want to be Mama's neighbor...i am bringing my mini-smoker, i will cook anything you want if you feed me all the comfort food i can eat.lol

Embryodad

DW made Chili and Corn Bread / cake.

The chili was good..but the ground beef was a fine pressed grind. Ok for burgers and meatballs..but not for chili.

You could see the fine beef in the photo.

It was awesome tasting, but felt like Rice in the mouth.

I had no trouble. I just shoveled it in, and pushed it down with the corn bread. L O L

b7422b0f.jpg

d0eeed46.jpg

345b4ff8.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Breaded pork chops with cavatelli & broccoli in Alfredo sauce.

Dinner010312.jpg

Made 2-1/2# of whole wheat cavatellis. I use 50/50 white/wheat flour.

Cavatelli010312.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Jeff! I would love to have you for a neighbor....and I would love to have some of your wonderful smoked ribs, fatties, brisket, chicken and other goodies that you make too!

Your chili looks perfect Jimmy!

:ohmy: JoeV.....that looks wonderful!

Embryodad

Loves my poppyseed..but I can't have them. Not unless I want to suffer with my diverticulitus. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

All looks so good Mama...

That cheddar and herb biscuit looks good...and sounds good.

Embryodad

Breaded pork chops with cavatelli & broccoli in Alfredo sauce.

Dinner010312.jpg

Made 2-1/2# of whole wheat cavatellis. I use 50/50 white/wheat flour.

Cavatelli010312.jpg

Joe... looks fabulous.

And a great combo...Pork chops and Cavatelli's. Nice

BTW.... The odd shape of the fettuccini noodles DW made...was probably the fact that they came out of the die cutter, and instead of laying on a towel / cloth to dry a little...she placed them in a bowl of flour and coated them until the flour stuck to the each noodle.

They then went into the salted boiling water.

No semolina... Just AP flour..about 2 cups / 2 large eggs and salt adding a little water till a working stiff dough was formed.
Rested for 1/2 hour..then we rolled it out and cut it in the die roller.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We have to tackle some of our leftovers. Lamb/Chili/Pinto Beans/ pumpkin pie.
We are just going to clean out the fridge, and smorgasboard.
MaMa Wow- That is beautiful. I liked Leni's and Nancy-MD's idea too
It has to be simple tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made penne &clams (& the penne & cheese for tomorrow's dinner, or later if i'm hungry). i luv making 2 meals @ once so the next day i haven't got to fuss w/ washing too many dishes. & yes, i like a pool of sauce.

Attachments

• IMG_2694758.jpg
    IMG_2694758.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 113

Embryodad

i made penne &clams (& the penne & cheese for tomorrow's dinner, or later if i'm hungry). i luv making 2 meals @ once so the next day i haven't got to fuss w/ washing too many dishes. & yes, i like a pool of sauce.
Oooooo! luvs...My kind a Meal!... Wuv Cwams. Ummmm!!!

Your sauce is nice and thick..and clings nicely to the Macaroni.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx! though i must say it's not my own sauce. i was multi-tasking & hungry, so i used the hunt's in the can fer the 1st time. let's say i like my own wayyyyyyy better. the clams were good. i kept snagging others from the pot. :)
to snooze-land i shall be 'goin.

I had some nice large (16-20) shrimp in the freezer & a jar of guindilla peppers in the fridge, so made some "Garlic Shrimp with Pickled Peppers" last night & served them over whole-wheat couscous with a green salad on the side.

Embryodad

I had some nice large (16-20) shrimp in the freezer & a jar of guindilla peppers in the fridge, so made some "Garlic Shrimp with Pickled Peppers" last night & served them over whole-wheat couscous with a green salad on the side.

with Pickled Peppers??...

was Peter Piper There??.... L O L ...

..............:laugh:................