Wednesday, 8/3/2011, Whats on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Not quite sure. After seeing LS bacon and eggs I think I will make that if I have bacon in the fridge or freezer.

Any plans?

Embryodad

fOR STARTERS...
had caps on...hahahahah

Had a english muffin..egg fried with cheese and bacon that was pre-done.
Ummm...it was great..and the bacon done to a degree what I call.."Slap me Back in The Lips" doneness. LOL... ( Yeah peep! ...I know you like it that way too )

My mom and dad would fry a pound of bacon, and mom would just leave it wiggly.
We as kids asked,"Ma..could we have it crispy?" She said,"Oh! and then it will be all fried and melted to nothing!"
We would (Bro and I ) eat just a few strands of the dark meat strips.

Now I know why Ma cooked it that way. They were basically fat lovers.
And it Sure Does Taste Great!....

As far as for dinner..ha..DD brought over sausage and peppers; so it will be that.
Lunch..I have some Hard Eggs in the reefer...so I may just have sliced egg sandwitch on toast with mayo and black pepper coarse ground the way I like it.
Bread and Butter pickle chips on the side. Um!
Mommy will be home tomorrow.

Carolina Cooking

Spinach Salad..

baby spinach
sliced hard boil eggs
sweet onion slices
Bacon hard & crisp
slices of chicken breast
manderin orange's sugar free
sliced almonds.
vinaigrette dressing.

:readytoeat:

Embryodad

DD brought over Sausage and Peppers.

Just a simple supper with bread and butter and my cherry hot peppers for more heat. :good:

d7a8e17f.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good Jimmy. Is that a slice of salami or pepperoni in there? We also like our S,P & O with red sauce.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Scrambled eggs (1/2 & ½, salt & pepper) added to red pepper and onion (sautéed in butte till soft) and cook to soft set, sliced tomato (seasoned with my AP seasoning mix, oregano and EVOO) and pan fried potatoes (potatoes, onion and red pepper seasoned with salt and ground pepper cooked in butter & oil till soft and browned).

080311_eggs.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice looking dinners Peeps and Jimmy. Carolina...that salad sounds perfect! I love my bacon crispy too.

We're having leftover chicken pot pie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mama!

All I can think of is chicken pot pie and CC's salad!! YUMMY

Embryodad

Looks good Jimmy. Is that a slice of salami or pepperoni in there? We also like our S,P & O with red sauce.
Thanks peep.

Yeah...Maria made it, and she throws everything in there. There were potatoes, but I don't eat potatoes that much. There was slicing salami in it too. Ummm!

Your meal of eggs looks good too peep. Bread too, right??

Embryodad

Nice looking dinners Peeps and Jimmy. Carolina...that salad sounds perfect! I love my bacon crispy too.

We're having leftover chicken pot pie.
Thanks Mama!!! ........

I'm still hungry.....Not for sweets, but now that I see peeps eggs, I could go for some scrambled eggs and hot peppers...

I better not... Maybe for breakfast..

At 11:00 tonight. I love early breakfasts... LOL

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made chicken picatta with a saffron risotto.

The chicken was lightly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. ANd the risotto was wonderfully creamy, yet still slightly al dente. The double strength homemade chicken stock gave it plenty of flavor.

Attachments

• picatta risotto 003.jpg
    picatta risotto 003.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks peep.

Yeah...Maria made it, and she throws everything in there. There were potatoes, but I don't eat potatoes that much. There was slicing salami in it too. Ummm!

Your meal of eggs looks good too peep. Bread too, right??
Thank you Jimmy. No bread the taters were our carbs.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made chicken picatta with a saffron risotto.

The chicken was lightly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. ANd the risotto was wonderfully creamy, yet still slightly al dente. The double strength homemade chicken stock gave it plenty of flavor.
OH that looks soooooooooooo good SS!! :applause: The rice look fantastic and I LOVE the beautiful color. I have never made risotto. Can you post the recipe for the risotto and the stock. Pretty please.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Scrambled eggs (1/2 & ½, salt & pepper) added to red pepper and onion (sautéed in butte till soft) and cook to soft set, sliced tomato (seasoned with my AP seasoning mix, oregano and EVOO) and pan fried potatoes (potatoes, onion and red pepper seasoned with salt and ground pepper cooked in butter & oil till soft and browned).

080311_eggs.jpg

I also had about 10 small (+ or -) fresh cherries for dessert.

My 2 hour after dinner BS is 104.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made zuppa di vongole & endive 2 stuffed stuffed w/ cambazola bleu & the others w/ formage d'affinois pepper. having a dessert of grapefruit. maybe i'll have a thick & creamy yogurt, too

the 1 pic is blurry, i couldn't get a clear one-

Attachments

• IMG_0804202.jpg
    IMG_0804202.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0761194.jpg
    IMG_0761194.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 109

SilverSage

Resident Crone
i made zuppa di vongole & endive 2 stuffed stuffed w/ cambazola bleu & the others w/ formage d'affinois pepper. having a dessert of grapefruit. maybe i'll have a thick & creamy yogurt, too

Oh luvs! I love anything with cambazola! I think it's the best cheese on the entire planet.

Embryodad

Wow! You surely can cook kid.

The entire dish shows such Mass. It is not a simple dish. You exemplified a great tasty food. Nice touch of food fair.

Nancy-MD

Everyone's dinners sound and look so great! Yum!

My day was just nuts so I didn't cook. We got burgers from Hardees with onion rings and a strawberry milkshake.

Norm

I asked Charlie and Cassie to help me come up with some ideas for meals and the one they came up with for today were cheesesteak sandwiches. I brought home some rolls for the sandwiches and they nixed them. They asked pretty please for me to make some. They didn't mind waiting an extra three or four hours. I made the bread with a French bread recipe but added an egg, some oil and sugar. The cheesesteak filling was chopped flatiron steak, green peppers, onion and mushrooms. There was also some bacon to put on the sandwiches along with mayo and choice of provolone or cheddar cheese sauce and jalapenos.

Pictures today are just snapshots of the ingredients. I was kind of tired and didn't take a picture of them assembled into a sandwich

DSCF3357.jpg
DSCF3359.jpg
DSCF3360.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I asked Charlie and Cassie to help me come up with some ideas for meals and the one they came up with for today were cheesesteak sandwiches. I brought home some rolls for the sandwiches and they nixed them. They asked pretty please for me to make some. They didn't mind waiting an extra three or four hours. I made the bread with a French bread recipe but added an egg, some oil and sugar. The cheesesteak filling was chopped flatiron steak, green peppers, onion and mushrooms. There was also some bacon to put on the sandwiches along with mayo and choice of provolone or cheddar cheese sauce and jalapenos.

Pictures today are just snapshots of the ingredients. I was kind of tired and didn't take a picture of them assembled into a sandwich

DSCF3357.jpg
DSCF3359.jpg
DSCF3360.jpg
Looks yummy Norm!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Norm, those breads look so delicious and so does the filling.
The sandwiches had to be the best!
Jimmy's sausages and peppers look good too.
Peeps, you always make the nicest looking breakfasts.
Sage, I just always look at your dinner pics knowing I could never do that, but I enjoy the things you make. It's Gourmet Magazine stuff in my eyes lol

Aubrey.. I am glad to see you are eating and showing what you are eating. Nums!

Nancy, my day was nuts too, as it often is in the environment in which I work.
I had a ***horrors!!*** Big Mac and a sweet tea from McD's, then picked around on some cookies someone brought in.
Not my best day for eating as it was later in the day and I hate eating after 6.. ugh..
Not the best day period.. families of residents can be royal pains in the ass. Enough said.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Norm, those breads look so delicious and so does the filling.
The sandwiches had to be the best!
Jimmy's sausages and peppers look good too.
Peeps, you always make the nicest looking breakfasts.
Sage, I just always look at your dinner pics knowing I could never do that, but I enjoy the things you make. It's Gourmet Magazine stuff in my eyes lol

Aubrey.. I am glad to see you are eating and showing what you are eating. Nums!

Nancy, my day was nuts too, as it often is in the environment in which I work.
I had a ***horrors!!*** Big Mac and a sweet tea from McD's, then picked around on some cookies someone brought in.
Not my best day for eating as it was later in the day and I hate eating after 6.. ugh..
Not the best day period.. families of residents can be royal pains in the ass. Enough said.
Sorry you had a nutsy day sweets. <hugs to you>

Thank you Sassy Gurl!! I am craving a snack!! Seeing as it is officially my birthday I may treat myself to some bacon as a snack!! LOL

OH goodie my girl just said she feels like having bacon and will make it!! Yippee!! :applause::a1: