Tuesday 8/2/2011, Whats on your plate ?

Leni

Pork chops cooked slowly with sage. The pan juices will be turned into a gravy. Probably mashed potatoes and broccoli as sides.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I have some leftover rotisserie chicken that I'm planning to turn into a chicken pot pie.

DH saw the bananas in fruit basket this morning that were getting a little over ripe and wanted to know if I was "gonna make another one of those cakes?" with a big grin on his face so, needless to say, there's a Prailine Banana bundt cake in the oven now.

homecook

DH is going to play cards tonight. I'll be going to Happy Hour shortly then come back and grill some cajun seasoned chicken to have over a salad and since I'll have the grill going I'll throw on some garlic/parmesan wings too! :weber:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Dinner.....I added extra maple glaze to this cake.

Attachments

• chicken-pot-pie-00.jpg
    chicken-pot-pie-00.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 118
  • praline-banana-bundt-cake-08022011.jpg
    praline-banana-bundt-cake-08022011.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 115

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I had yesterday's chicken to use, so I pan grilled it, and after seeing Peeps noodles in creamy garlic bechamel sauce, I decided to use that sauce instead of Alfredo for a change. DW raved about it, and it used up the 1/2 qt. of half-n-half from the last Alfredo sauce a couple weeks ago. I picked the green beans this morning from the garden, and that was also a treat. Thinking about a scoop of Rocky Road now that the dishes are done.

Thanks, Peeps!:a1:

Dinner080211.jpg

Embryodad

CPP and cake LQQK awesome. DIL loves Chicken Pot Pie...

I had yesterday's chicken to use, so I pan grilled it, and after seeing Peeps noodles in creamy garlic bechamel sauce, I decided to use that sauce instead of Alfredo for a change. DW raved about it, and it used up the 1/2 qt. of half-n-half from the last Alfredo sauce a couple weeks ago. I picked the green beans this morning from the garden, and that was also a treat. Thinking about a scoop of Rocky Road now that the dishes are done.

Dinner080211.jpg

JoeV...can't go wrong with that meal!....

I just found out from DD...that they make those cream sauces in jars.
DD bought classico brand the other day. She added a little milk to it because it was too thick, but she said it wasn't bad.

Nancy-MD

Love chicken pot pie! Yummy Mama! Beautiful cake, once again!

Dinner080211.jpg
Looks delicious, Joe. Can't wait to try Peep's recipe myself one of these days.

Nancy-MD

I made sauce with my garden tomatoes (meat sauce) and put it over tri color rotini, plus salad.

Attachments

• meat sauce with rotini 001.jpg
    meat sauce with rotini 001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 132

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Mama, that is sheer perfection. I mean WOW! Look at that cake and the quality of the picture. That so deserves to be in a magazine!! Awesome job.

And that pot pie looks fabulous. I used to make pot pies years ago, but haven’t in quite a while. Would you mind sharing your crust recipe? I’d like to give it a go again!

Embryodad

:weber: Grilled myself what I call a "Siamese Burger"!

The build was on a Ciabatta bread, but I removed a center portion so there was less bread to knaw through!

08bc0f5f.jpg

00d43347.jpg

I slobbered mayo on top the tomato and onions.
It was pretty good...even though I needed twelveteen fingers to hold it all together and prevent fallout.
A cold brew...and it all washed down nicely!:good:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I made sauce with my garden tomatoes (meat sauce) and put it over tri color rotini, plus salad.

Gorgeous dinner Nancy!! I love that tri-color rotini! I have a couple boxes in the pantry, and you've inspired me to use them soon! Awesome dinner!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

OH LORD THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC!! I need the pot pie filling and crust recipe.

Dinner080211.jpg
Thank you Joe and you're welcome. I'm glad you and DW liked the sauce. Your dinner looks awesome!

Jimmy you can make fresh sauce in no time. It takes about 5 minutes and it's better than a bottle.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice dinner JoeV! That sauce is on my short list.

BEAUTIFUL dinner Nancy! There's nothing quite as tasty as a spaghetti sauce made from your very own tomatoes!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

The build was on a Ciabatta bread, but I removed a center portion so there was less bread to knaw through!

08bc0f5f.jpg

00d43347.jpg

It was pretty good...even though I needed twelveteen fingers to hold it all together and prevent fallout.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

That is simply amazing. I haven't the words!!! :clap:

Awesome looking burger. I'll have to try a Siamese myself soon! :clap:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Everyone. I'll try to get the recipe written up and posted tonight or tomorrow.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

OH YUMMY Nan!! That looks so good.

08bc0f5f.jpg

00d43347.jpg

WOW Jimmy!! YUMMY!!

Embryodad

Looks good. The sauce is nice and thick, and clings nicely.

I like the white and green colored rotelli..but I won't eat the orange ones.
I do like carrots...but carrot colored macaroni's....I won't eat. I don't know why!
\ LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good. The sauce is nice and thick, and clings nicely.

I like the white and green colored rotelli..but I won't eat the orange ones.
I do like carrots...but carrot colored macaroni's....I won't eat. I don't know why!
\ LOL
I agree Jimmy. I LOVE spinach pasta but carrot or tomato pasta is not my favorite thing.

Embryodad

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

That is simply amazing. I haven't the words!!! :clap:

Awesome looking burger. I'll have to try a Siamese myself soon! :clap:
Thanks Keltin... I actually had the bread to make it.

It was once (and DW had me promise it be only once )..that I made burgers, and was too lazy to run for hamburger buns.
We did have hot dog buns...Soooooo James Simpleton made oblong burgers to fit the buns.

DW could NOT eat the burgers on a hot dog roll. She tripped to the store, and recut hers to fit the hamburger bun.
I still ate mine on the H/D roll.

Honestly though.......it was weird sort of; biting a H/D roll and fooling the mouth and tongue with a burger stuck inside. DW was right. It was just a different taste for some reason. LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pan fried boneless pork loin chops topped with pork gravy and tossed salad.

080211_chop_salad.jpg

Embryodad

I agree Jimmy. I LOVE spinach pasta but carrot or tomato pasta is not my favorite thing.
OK... now honestly peep...

What do you think of, and have you ever had the black spaghetti.
The one made with Sqid Ink???

I will eat it..but only with white clam sauce or with no red sauce, and only oil and cheese and seafood etc.

My DD and I love squid, and we fight for the tenticles....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK... now honestly peep...

What do you think of, and have you ever had the black spaghetti.
The one made with Sqid Ink???

I will eat it..but only with white clam sauce or with no red sauce, and only oil and cheese and seafood etc.

My DD and I love squid, and we fight for the tenticles....
I have never had it and honestly ........... it doesn't sound appealing to me. I like fried calamari rings but not the tenticles! Reminds me of that old B&W horror movie with the thing attacking the golden gate bridge!! LOL Mom used to throw calamari steaks and the tenticles raw into red greavy and cook them in the sauce. The tenticles did/still creep me out.

AllenOK

I grilled some Italian Sausage links, and sauteed some julienned onions and green bell peppers. Open some hot dog buns, layer some provolone, the sausage, the veggies, more cheese....MMMM!

Sorry, no pics. It didn't last long enough for pics.

Buttered Pecan ice cream for dessert.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin... I actually had the bread to make it.

It was once (and DW had me promise it be only once )..that I made burgers, and was too lazy to run for hamburger buns.
We did have hot dog buns...Soooooo James Simpleton made oblong burgers to fit the buns.

DW could NOT eat the burgers on a hot dog roll. She tripped to the store, and recut hers to fit the hamburger bun.
I still ate mine on the H/D roll.

Honestly though.......it was weird sort of; biting a H/D roll and fooling the mouth and tongue with a burger stuck inside. DW was right. It was just a different taste for some reason. LOL

That is awesome! Ok, honestly, I have always wanted to make an oblong burger and eat it on a hotdog roll! I really have! Don't know why.....just thought it would be cool.

I haven't done it yet, but now that I know there are others out there that have done it, I'm committed! I'm doing this! Thanks!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful! Great looking dinner Peeps! Very nice!! :clap:
Thank you Keltin.

I made oblong burgers for the girls when I ran out of burger buns and only hot dog buns left. I WON'T eat burger buns. I will only put a burger on a kaiser roll or on the plate. I don't like those squishy no body buns. BUT I do like dogs on those buns. Figure that out. LOL