Tuesday 1/11/11, Whats on your plate ?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
When I make enchiladas it's 2 meals (4 each meal). The family is looking forward to a replay tonight but I may make something else for me. Maybe soup or something like that.

Any plans?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Re: Tuesday 1/11/10, Whats on your plate ?

I'm thinking fried rice of some variety.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I'm thinking fried rice of some variety.
I posted a fried rice recipe if you are interested. You can use it as a base and add ingredients of your choice. I would love to see how you would vamp it up.

SilverSage

Resident Crone

I'm going to make "moros y christianos", which is the Cuban name for black beans and rice. It should go nicely with my leftover roast pork.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter

I'm making some potato soup tonight, and maybe some corn bread to go with it. It was COLD when we got up this morning (54F). I know that doesn't sound cold to those of you with snow on the ground, but bear in mind that we have NO heat...and we live in a house that is brick and cement. Chilly!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I'm making some potato soup tonight, and maybe some corn bread to go with it. It was COLD when we got up this morning (54F). I know that doesn't sound cold to those of you with snow on the ground, but bear in mind that we have NO heat...and we live in a house that is brick and cement. Chilly!
Oh Karen so sorry!! You need to get some kind of space heaters for those days when it is chilly.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Sounds yummy Sass!! I have never made nachos.
I'm thinking of going with the second recipe posted.
I bought a Q'd rotisserie chicken and have all the other ingredients.

Last time I made nachos was in November.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

I posted a fried rice recipe if you are interested. You can use it as a base and add ingredients of your choice. I would love to see how you would vamp it up.

Your recipe is basically what I do too. I do add some oyster sauce just because I like that taste. I'm thinking a "house" fried rice with meat (or maybe I should say a "refrigerator" fried rice :blush:).

lilylove

I've got some chicken breasts thawing... chicken picatta perhaps.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

UPDATE - I think I will make family the enchilada replay and I will make a small trial run meatloaf. This serves 2 purposes:
1 - family can try it and still have something to eat if they don't like it and I don't have to deal with the crap!(they don't take to changes easily!! You shoulda heard the reaction to the new chili you'da thought I killed someone!! BUT they loved it the next day YIKES)
2 - I really don't want enchiladas 2 days in a row.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Man Peeps, your kiddos sure wouldn't be happy here.
I'd tell them to eat what they get or else.
What do they think you are, a short order cook?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Man Peeps, your kiddos sure wouldn't be happy here.
I'd tell them to eat what they get or else.
What do they think you are, a short order cook?
Thats what I do and deal with the complaining. But it's me that doesn't want the enchiladas. So this will be good I can try something new without listening to them complain and me again saying When I was a kid you didn't get a choice you ate what was put on the table and was happy you had food to eat!!

I never make 2 meals unless I want to.

mhend

I'm still not sure yet. DH is stopping by the supermarket on his way back home, but I have no idea what he's gonna pick out.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Well, since I had pasta and meatballs at 9am...I am at a loss for the evening meal..:confused:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Well, since I had pasta and meatballs at 9am...I am at a loss for the evening meal..:confused:
How about cocktails and dinner salad or appy's or a small "bites" sampler?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

My post was more rhetorical than questioning...While cocktails could and probably will happen, there is no such thing as preparing anything at home any longer. I am at the restaurant from 5am till 4pm, every day..every day. It takes quite a bit of dedication to cook at home any longer. One look in my refrigerator and you'd think 5 college guys lived in my house. It's condiments, booze, ice and lots of take out containers.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

I know Sass, I know! On the upside, a photographer from Gambit came in to take a picture of me for one of the upcoming issues! (That's why I had pasta and meatballs at 9am, I made a plate for the picture)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

How cool is that?
When is the pic going to be there, and did they interview you?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

i'm making tilapia & a few veggies~

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Luvs, what's your feeling on tilapia? It's easy enough to obtain, but I'm not crazy about it. Is it a favourite or just easy to get hold of? I've tried it so many different ways (it's always affordable when on a foodservice budget, and it's preferred because it's always on the sustainable list) but I find the taste unremarkable. I know you've got a good palate, so...what are you tasting that's got you buying it?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Sass, it's the Winter Menu Guide, out on the 23. It's a big restaurant issue down here and I've got a half page ad in it (with colour it comes to just under a thou!)...I think they just randomly pick a few people to give a blub to. I have a small blurb in this weeks issue...page 49 under Gam-bytes!

Deelady

Heres our din din.....Sesame Chicken! Here are pics of after I deep fried it and after I glazed it.

Attachments

• food 526.jpg
    food 526.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 103
  • food 528.jpg
    food 528.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 108

Deelady

I just posted it Peeps in the chicken section :)

How do you make your yellow rice Bucky??

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Sass, it's the Winter Menu Guide, out on the 23. It's a big restaurant issue down here and I've got a half page ad in it (with colour it comes to just under a thou!)...I think they just randomly pick a few people to give a blub to. I have a small blurb in this weeks issue...page 49 under Gam-bytes!
I did find Red Gravy's review under Food & Drink-Food News "That's Italian" ;)