Yesterday's informal barbecue

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We're talking REALLY informal - nothing like VeraBlue's beautiful outside tablescapes!

QBro and I had one smoker filled with pork picnics, the other filled with beef ribs and spare ribs, and the kettle fitted with a rotisserie for the injected turkey breast.

I oven-roasted the rinds from the picnics and served those, too - my Columbian neighbors LOVED them (well, we all did, because PORK FAT RULES!)

The neighbors contributed sides and desserts. I didn't take pictures of the pork and ribs, since you've all seen those a bunch of times.

It was a beautiful, fun day, and everything turned out perfectly perfect!

Lee

Three cookers going

twowsmsandkettlegoing.jpg

Slow-roasted pork rind

chironesovenroasted.jpg

Chicharones plated

chironesplated.jpg

BBQ Beef Ribs

beefribs.jpg

Rotisserie-grilled turkey breast

turkeyrotisseried.jpg

Bare bones BBQ tablescape

bbqfeastlaborday2009.jpg

chowhound

Nice feast.
I'll have to try the pork rinds.... and the beef spare ribs, too. I haven't had beef ribs since I was a kid.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We're talking REALLY informal - nothing like VeraBlue's beautiful outside tablescapes!

QBro and I had one smoker filled with pork picnics, the other filled with beef ribs and spare ribs, and the kettle fitted with a rotisserie for the injected turkey breast.

I oven-roasted the rinds from the picnics and served those, too - my Columbian neighbors LOVED them (well, we all did, because PORK FAT RULES!)

The neighbors contributed sides and desserts. I didn't take pictures of the pork and ribs, since you've all seen those a bunch of times.

Lee

Three cookers going

Slow-roasted pork rind

chironesovenroasted.jpg

Chicharones plated

chironesplated.jpg

BBQ Beef Ribs

beefribs.jpg

turkeyrotisseried.jpg

bbqfeastlaborday2009.jpg
OH LORD!! i am in heaven!! pass the pork rinds!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
:eek: the pork rinds! the pork rinds!!
My God, what an idea!

What sort of salad was that in the container? lol
Looks like peas and something, yes?

Gaaaaa-reat looking bbq you had there Lee!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Lee

Three cookers going

Slow-roasted pork rind

chironesovenroasted.jpg

Chicharones plated

chironesplated.jpg

BBQ Beef Ribs

beefribs.jpg

turkeyrotisseried.jpg

bbqfeastlaborday2009.jpg
man i would like a piece of the turkey breast with the skin and nibble on the turkey wing. every time i look it gets better!! can i come to your next BBQ party?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:eek: the pork rinds! the pork rinds!!
My God, what an idea!

What sort of salad was that in the container? lol
Looks like peas and something, yes?

Gaaaaa-reat looking bbq you had there Lee!

Thanks everybody! I knew the pork rinds would be a hit, both with my neighbors and with NCT members! LOL!

Sass, I made vyapti's Cabbage Salsa, http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10953&highlight=cabbage+salsa but I couldn't bear to omit mayo! I finely shredded a head of Chinese cabbage, used one huge jalapeno, one enormous heirloom tomato, a bunch of my parsley instead of cilantro, the juice of one lemon, one lime, and about a cup and a half of mayo, with s & P.

Everyone LOVED it, including me!

I'll post this same reply under vyapti's recipe.

Lee

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
wow, qsis, i'm sorry i missed this. i'm just beginning to research using a smoker, and i found this thread. very nice spread. :applause:

this doesn't sound right, but i want your chicharones, badly. :whistle:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
this doesn't sound right, but i want your chicharones, badly. :whistle:

LOL! Understood, BT - I want my chicherones BACK!

God, those were spectacular! Even cold.

Definitely worth buying picnics for.

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Flippin' sweet Lee! I missed this the first time around, but this is awesome. Great rigs you have there! Love the yellow kettle with rotisserie extender. Sweet! Awesome looking food! :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Keltin and Meme!

K, the kettle is the Homer Simpson Anniversary edition, which was a gift from a loved one, and which I have cherished. It's kind of beat up now, from all the hauling to and from competitons, but it still works great and I hate to let it go.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Weber-758098-One-Touch-Charcoal-Anniversary/dp/B00005JD3A[/ame]

Lee

chowhound

Thanks for the link, Lee. I had no idea Weber made all those doo-dads for indirect cooking and converting their grills into smokers. And I had no idea WSMs prices have skyrocketed so. Glad I got mine when I did.

Homer Simpson 10th anniversary (lol)... pretty cool.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My invitation seemed to have gotten lost in the mail. :twak: I hoped you saved me some of everything!! Because it all looks magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My invitation seemed to have gotten lost in the mail. :twak: I hoped you saved me some of everything!! Because it all looks magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

Awwww, if YOU had been there, my friend, you would have made the presentation beautiful and magical!

Lee