Hello from Australia

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hi from Ontario

Hi Rocket! Welcome!

I love German cuisine so I'm looking forward to seeing your favorites!

Lee

Leni

My father was born in Germany and mom is from Kansas City. I love German food and always have bacon drippings on hand. Every now and then dad would take over the kitchen. We knew we were in for a treat. What's your favorite dish?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum. :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Dawg, welcome to net cooking talk. I'm glad you found us, and thank you for posting an intro. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I look forward to your recipes I have a good bit of German in my blood. :D :thumb:

rocket_j_dawg

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. My grandparents were born in Austria-Hungary and I am just compiling my grandmothers recipes from that region. Plum dumplings, gypsy noodles......

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

LADawg

Hey, good to have another dawg on the board.:chef: I’m LADawg. The LA is for Lower Alabama (that’s what the locals call this area. I live about 10 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico) and the Dawg is for the Mississippi State University Bulldogs.
Will be looking for some GREAT recipes for some good German food.

Saliha

Hello to you!

Welcome to forum and greetings from me from the North Europe.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter

owwwwwwww, we're taking over . . . my grandmother was born in Transylvania . . .

fang on, fang off (g)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome, Brendenn!

A friend of dandiamond's is a friend of ours!

Thanks for joining us and jumping in! Welcome!

When you get a chance, please post an introduction in this sub-forum and tell us a little about yourself, and some of your favorite things to cook!

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Welcome, Brendenn!

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you're here!

Jim

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Welcome, Brendenn!

hi, there. dandiamond is a cool guy- so i see his pal being cool, too--

Guts

Re: What we look like - 2014

Around 1 PM on the Fourth of July. Point Loma/San Diego Bay in the background. Leaving from mission Bay headed up to La Jolla.

Attachments

• 07 04 2014.jpg
    07 04 2014.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 160

Leni

Looks like a perfect 4th to me. I'll be in dana Point at the end of the month. Let's go sailing!

Guts

July 28 doing a little Blue water sailing off point Loma San Diego California with friends.

Attachments

• Jack and Kim blue water sailing off PT Loma.jpg
    Jack and Kim blue water sailing off PT Loma.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 130

Guts

I don't know how to attach a picture. when I click Image, it asks for a url ????

There are several ways to do this.

If you go advanced and click on the paperclip it will bring up a window that let you browse for your photo. I find it easy when I attach the photo to my desktop then grab it from there. But you can browse other areas for your photo. When she select the photo then download it it will show as an attachment. I think I just confused you? If you get the URL can copy and paste it in between the two URLs which will also post a photo or an address bar now I really confuse you. When do it it's so simple it a become second nature.

Try clicking advanced and the paperclip and see if that doesn't work for you.

Guts

Just loaded this picture for fun I just loaded this picture for fun, but Tweedy looks how I feel some days LOL

Attachments

• Little Tweety is 62 years old….jpg
    Little Tweety is 62 years old….jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 127

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter

heel - you need more heel.

Guts

heel - you need more heel.

We got it a few minutes after the picture was taken, 6.8 kn for a Catalina 30 standard Catalina 30 sale with a 150% jib sail. We were also light both water tanks were empty and so was the holding tank with about 15 gallons of diesel and no provisions to speak of.

Chowder man you must've been a sailor?

joec

Gold Site Supporter

That is a really great looking boat Guts. I bought an 50' ketch rigged sail boat in early '80 and sold it in '83. Though I didn't get to spend a lot of time on it due to my job my wife and kids did. We sailed out of South Florida at the time as well as lived aboard it for about a year. It was truly capable of sailing it almost any where we wanted. My wife was the sailor in the family but it was fairly easy for 1 person to sail. She taught me how to do most of it.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter

There are several ways to do this.

If you go advanced and click on the paperclip it will bring up a window that let you browse for your photo. I find it easy when I attach the photo to my desktop then grab it from there. But you can browse other areas for your photo. When she select the photo then download it it will show as an attachment. I think I just confused you? If you get the URL can copy and paste it in between the two URLs which will also post a photo or an address bar now I really confuse you. When do it it's so simple it a become second nature.

Try clicking advanced and the paperclip and see if that doesn't work for you.

thank you !!!

Attachments

• pink suit.barmy.jpg
    pink suit.barmy.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

My facelessbook friends have seen pics of me recently, but for those who haven't, here I am with my identical twin on July 4th at his home. I'm on the left, and at that point I had dropped 24#. As of today I'm down 33#, and am at my target weight of 210-215. DW says to hold here so I don't look like a skinny old man with sunken cheek bones and saggy skin. I tend to agree with her.

Before anyone asks, I lost the weight under the supervision of a nutritionist at the VA, and I basically count calories (logging everything I eat with MyFitnessPal) with no restrictions on what I can eat. I also walk a lot with DW. Since I started logging my walks with MapMyRun on 6-15-14, I have walked 52.12 miles in 15.68 hours, and burned 7,830 calories in the process. We try to walk at least 2 miles, 3-5 times each week depending on our schedules and the weather. IMO, the walking has contributed significantly to the weight loss. The walk/run logging program automatically interfaces with the food logging program, and credits me with additional calories for my daily count. It's a simple setup once you get used to it, and both programs are free to download. I can log food when away from home using my iPhone, and use my iPhone clock/stopwatch to log the time each walk takes. Time, distance, weight and age are used to determine calories burned, and it's all done automatically. Last night after dinner we walked 2.89 miles in 46 minutes, burning 283 calories. It's getting to be a habit, and a good one at that.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter

....a sailor.

yeah, something like that. grew up on the water, my very rich Uncle sent me to college so I could drive around in those big grey boats. the ones with the numbers on them....

in the mid-Atlantic region, there's the Chesapeake Bay and the Delaware Bay. the Chesapeake generally out-medias the Delaware, however comma the Chesapeake is famous for it's "5'oclock doldrums" - and sand bars, and mud flats, and the "so we had to get towed off the . . . "

an avid Chesapeake sailor friend - had a 5x ft, nice boat, was whining about his upcoming vacation doldrums so I advised him to motor thru the C&D Canal, go south, and stand-by for real wind and high boat adventure. he still talks about it.....

Johnny West

I've lost 33# since sometime in May and have done it through cutting out most bread, potatoes, pork products and portioning. I eat a lot of veg with fish and chicken. I do some lifting and not as much walking as I should.

Here is me a few weeks ago after a fishing trip out of Westport, WA - caught 10 rock fish, a Chinook that went about 15# and a coho about 8#. It was a nice bag of fish, you bet.

IMG_2051.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]