White Chocolate Pineapple Balls

Saliha

I found that recipe yesterday (I haven´t tried it yet but it looks interesting).

622x350.jpg

1 can pineapple chunks or slices
½ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon coconut extract or flavoring
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
½ cup butter
1 egg
3 cups crisped rice cereal
1¼ cups shredded coconut

Instructions:
Cut pineapple into bite-size pieces. Drain thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Coat the pineapple with powdered sugar.

Melt white chocolate chips with butter slowly so it doesn't burn. Beat egg and then temper it by adding a little bit of the melted chocolate to the egg. Then add egg mixture to the remaining white chocolate mixture. Beat.

Stir the pineapple and cereal into the white chocolate mixture. Place the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm it up. Then form the candy into balls and roll in the shredded coconut, pressing the coconut into the balls with your hands. Place on waxed paper and return to the refrigerator. Once the balls are set, serve.

http://www.chron.com/life/food/artic...or-4090945.PHP

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saliha, please make these and send me a couple!

:)

Lee

Saliha

I am thinking to make them at the next weekend (now after work I am too tired to make anything extra in the kitchen).

Let´s see how fast my family will eats them all...

:wink:

Ian M.

Saliha, these look absolutely fantastic! I love both pineapple and white chocolate and if I make these, I'll be my own best customer, for sure.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Ian M.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ian, please make these and send me a couple.

Anyone else going to make them??? :whistling:

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
I found that recipe yesterday (I haven´t tried it yet but it looks interesting).

622x350.jpg

1 can pineapple chunks or slices
½ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon coconut extract or flavoring
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
½ cup butter
1 egg
3 cups crisped rice cereal
1¼ cups shredded coconut

Instructions:
Cut pineapple into bite-size pieces. Drain thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Coat the pineapple with powdered sugar.

Melt white chocolate chips with butter slowly so it doesn't burn. Beat egg and then temper it by adding a little bit of the melted chocolate to the egg. Then add egg mixture to the remaining white chocolate mixture. Beat.

Stir the pineapple and cereal into the white chocolate mixture. Place the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm it up. Then form the candy into balls and roll in the shredded coconut, pressing the coconut into the balls with your hands. Place on waxed paper and return to the refrigerator. Once the balls are set, serve.

[URL="http://www.chron.com/life/food/artic...or-4090945.PHP"]http://www.chron.com/life/food/artic...or-4090945.PHP[/URL]

Looks GOOD!! :eating2:

Ian M.

Okay, Lee, but you'll have to wrestle Kieran and me for them! We're talking pineapple, white chocolate and coconut here!

Ian

Saliha

:boxing: Yes. Pineapple, white chocolate and coconut are serious matters - specially together!