Tuesday 8/2/2011, Whats on your plate ?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy you can make fresh sauce in no time. It takes about 5 minutes and it's better than a bottle.
Amen, sister...Amen! Fresh sauce has no preservatives, and you control the amount of salt when you make your own. Most bottle sauces I have had have an unusual taste to them. Kind of like a vinegar taste. Bottle Hollaendaise sauce is the worst.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Keltin.

I made oblong burgers for the girls when I ran out of burger buns and only hot dog buns left. I WON'T eat burger buns. I will only put a burger on a kaiser roll or on the plate. I don't like those squishy no body buns. BUT I do like dogs on those buns. Figure that out. LOL

:lol:

I'm sure there is a joke in here somewhere.....a dog and his bun???? :lol:

I know what you mean, there is something magic about the hotdog bun and the hotdog.

I read somewhere a long time ago that a Frenchmen invented the hotdog as an inexpensive sausage and was selling it on the street corner in a cart. He used to give his patrons white cotton gloves to hold the weiner and eat it, but so many customers walked off with his gloves, that he had to find a cheaper alternative. So he invented the hotdog bun!

I've no idea if that is true or not. I read it somehwere a long time ago, and it has always stuck with me as one of those "cool" foodie stories. :lol:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Amen, sister...Amen! Fresh sauce has no preservatives, and you control the amount of salt when you make your own. Most bottle sauces I have had have an unusual taste to them. Kind of like a vinegar taste. Bottle Hollaendaise sauce is the worst.
I also taste that strange flavor sort of salty nutmeg vinegar or they have way to much sugar in them. I have never made homemade mayo or hollandaise. I use Hellman's mayo and when I make eggs benny I use the packet of Knorr's. I want to try making both at some point.

homecook

Wow! There aren't words to describe all the great dinners posted here tonight!! All I can say is Spectacular!!!

I grilled chicken breasts with cajun seasoning and tossed it over a loaded salad. I also grilled some garlic/parmesan wings for the side. lol

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 104

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Jimmy, that burger looks amazing!

Peepers, I love pork gravy...especially with onions in it.

That's the perfect dinner for a hot summer night Barb!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow! There aren't words to describe all the great dinners posted here tonight!! All I can say is Spectacular!!!

I grilled chicken breasts with cajun seasoning and tossed it over a loaded salad. I also grilled some garlic/parmesan wings for the side. lol

Barb, that is incredible! You are such a grill master! Looking at your perfect grilling posts just tickles my grilling bone and I love it! Awesome job!!!!!! :clap:

PanchoHambre

made some "baked" beans in the crock with a meaty hambone, it was ok but could have come out a bit better. Think I left it too long the ham was a bit dry and the flavor was ok but flat considering that it should have been well seasoned with honey, mustard, bourbon and chillies among others. meh.

Carolina Cooking

Bottle Hollaendaise sauce is the worst.

Yes it is. Except when you buy it at Whole Foods or Costco. Fresh made . Its really really good. :encore:It keeps a long time in the fridge too. I eat the eat out of it. Low Carb . On eggs, all kinds of veggies. On spinach its to die for..:wink:

I do make my own too. From a NO milk recipe. Easy as can be. I used to use Knoor packets but I don't or can't use milk anymore. Just Heavy cream.. In a pinch I do add water to the heavy cream. Funny I used to pour milk down the drain everyweek, since I now use Heavy cream , I use every drop..

Nancy-MD

Gorgeous dinner Nancy!! I love that tri-color rotini! I have a couple boxes in the pantry, and you've inspired me to use them soon! Awesome dinner!!
Thank you Keltin.
Nice dinner JoeV! That sauce is on my short list.

BEAUTIFUL dinner Nancy! There's nothing quite as tasty as a spaghetti sauce made from your very own tomatoes!
Thank you Mama.
:weber: Grilled myself what I call a "Siamese Burger"!

The build was on a Ciabatta bread, but I removed a center portion so there was less bread to knaw through!

08bc0f5f.jpg

00d43347.jpg

I slobbered mayo on top the tomato and onions.
It was pretty good...even though I needed twelveteen fingers to hold it all together and prevent fallout.
A cold brew...and it all washed down nicely!:good:
Oh yum, Jimmy. I could eat that whole thing myself.
Looks good. The sauce is nice and thick, and clings nicely.

I like the white and green colored rotelli..but I won't eat the orange ones.
I do like carrots...but carrot colored macaroni's....I won't eat. I don't know why!
\ LOL
Thank you Jimmy. I like all the flavored pastas, even the red beet ones.
Pan fried boneless pork loin chops topped with pork gravy and tossed salad.

080211_chop_salad.jpg
Delicious, Peep.

It all looks so good, homecook.
Something simple and cool. :)

283875_1869170257866_1499378782_1548161_6190163_n.jpg
Wow, that's so pretty and refreshing.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Nan.

LS - I had missed the summer sausage on the back of your plate yesterday. Wow I thought it looked fantastic originally now it's even better than I thought originally!! YUMMY!