Assador Etxebarri - Spain - One of the top 50 restaurants world wide

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
This was just posted on a private cigar forum. You gotta be a big guy to eat like this but the pictures (reference on the bottom of this post) are worth the view.

So I just got back from my food tour of Spain. I figured I'd tell some stories and show some photos. Let's start with the stories. We started by flying into San Sebastian. Once we check into the hotel we head out for some Tapas in the "old" part of town. After about 4 tapas bars and 2 cigars each we decide we need a siesta. Later that night we head out for some more tapas and more cigars. This was the first time I tried the RA Celestios Finos as well as the SLR Pacificos. Luckily I had just gotten them in from the post office the day before I left. They are very nice smokes. Anyway, the next day we took a drive out into the country to go to #39 on Pelegrino's top 50 restaurant list, Assador Etxebarri. The food was awesome. Cooked on a wood fired grill, there was very few seasonings, mostly just slat an little bit of pepper. For wine we had a Vega Sicilia Unico Reserva Especial, which was a bargain on the wine list. I don't think I could buy one retail for twice the price. For food we started with a scrambled eggs with fresh porcini mushrooms, gambas from Palamos, Oysters, Mussels, more fresh porcini mushrooms, qhole squid, fresh water eal, bacalao, and then a steak from an "old cow". The steak was so tender that it couldn't have come from an old cow. Anyway, the shrimp and oyster were clearly the highlight of the meal. Now if I can figure out how to get photos from my iphone onto the website I can show you some pics. I have to run, but in the coming days I'll post more about the trip and more pictures. In the meantime here is a link to the online photo album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/chiu.leslie

Edit: youtube add on: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1JUm1tGIoE&feature=related[/ame]