What's cooking NCT Sunday 8/20/2017 to Saturday 8/26/2017?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
#1 DDD Sunshine pizza with guanciale.
#2 Steak, caramelized onion and fennel, with moz and blue cheese.
#3 Plated with lightly dressed arugula on the steak flatbread.

Attachments

• 2017-08-20 17.46.50.jpg
    2017-08-20 17.46.50.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 2017-08-20 17.47.26.jpg
    2017-08-20 17.47.26.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 2017-08-20 18.15.52.jpg
    2017-08-20 18.15.52.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 147

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's leftover Turkey, in Gravy, over Toasted Torpedo Roll....
Leftover Veggies, Cranberry Sauce, with a Side of Horsey Slaw...

Turkey leftovers .jpg

Tonight will be Sausage & Peppers on those Torpedo Rolls, Collards, Fried Potatoes & Onions

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure about dinner this evening.
Son Jeff and granddaughter are to come and take me someplace for a "surprise me" din din.
:wub:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Texas Roadhouse.
We shared a Cactus Blossum (like a bloomin' onion}. then got ribs, steaks, sweet potatoes and country style green beans.

Saliha

Filled zucchinis:

KaFuHWt.jpg

Filled with minced meat, zucchini flesh, garlic, basil, oregano and grated cheese.

Still 10 zucchinis and 2 pumpkins left in the garden - and more are growing. :eat1:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
..........One Lasagna for the Freezer.... the other one for Dinner tonight !
This is the first time we've utilized "Oven-Ready" pasta......... fingers crossed....
IMG_4470.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
LT, did you put the pasta in dry? If you did, might want to add some water to the pan unless your sauce is a really liquidy sauce. Otherwise, it might be a bit dry and crunchy. At least that's the way ours came out the first time we tried it. We used the Barilla. I like using the oven ready pasta, but I always dip it in some hot water for a few seconds or make a really wet sauce.

Our dinner last night was https://www.gousto.co.uk/cookbook/ch...-chicken-salad. I was looking for recipes using the black cumin/nigella seeds that Dogboa bought a couple of weeks ago and found the recipe. I did make a couple of changes, used currants instead of the sultanas, and I added some fresh garlic and ginger, sautéed just a bit in vege oil, to the rice before cooking. Dogboa added more of the homemade mango chutney to his salad, it was a bit spicy since I used about a third of a really hot red habanero to make it. He also wanted some extra yogurt for his naan, but I had already used what we had making the naan and a marinade for butter chicken later in the week. This was really good and we'll make again.

picture.php

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
"LT, did you put the pasta in dry? If you did, might want to add some water to the pan unless your sauce is a really liquidy sauce. Otherwise, it might be a bit dry and crunchy. At least that's the way ours came out the first time we tried it. We used the Barilla. I like using the oven ready pasta, but I always dip it in some hot water for a few seconds or make a really wet sauce. "

Yes, we put them in dry.......no warning about the possible dryness on the box, other than to be sure the pasta is completely covered in sauce.... we used San Giorgio..... the sauce is a Marinara, and so is not real thick.... we'll see how it goes...... another note; all lasagna noodles on the supermarket shelves yesterday were "oven-Ready".....

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hot dogs, sauerkraut and baked beans.

LT how did the no cook noodles work out? I have never had a problem with them.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Muffaletta for Tuesday night's dinner.

Great idea! I bought some excellent olive tapenade at a craft show last weekend, so I may just make a muffaletta for Saturday night!

Lucky, that turkey dinner pic has my mouth watering. Your leftover turkey looked really moist!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Reminds me to make some tomato, onion and cuke salad.
Looks good, Lucky!

Last night was cottage pie.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think DD wants Pizza or ham steak, eggs and pancakes. I need to use up some whey from the homemade yogurt so pancakes are a good use. We'll figure it out later.
I will hopefully use some whey to make a Kalamata olive and rosemary no knead loaf for tomorrow.

Last edited:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I did Ina Garten's beef bourguignon last night - have to say, it's the only of her stuff to-date that has underwhelmed us . . .

DW did not care for the thyme seasoning; I was trying to figure out 'why the bacon?' - edible but not super.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Tonight is Lasagna, Act II......... will attempt to roast some Cauliflower.......

I'm cooking some roasted cauliflower tonight to go with pork chops. I looked at several different recipes and decided on the olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, and parmesan method. I'm only going to do half a head of cauliflower just in case it's a miss instead of a hit.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm cooking some roasted cauliflower tonight to go with pork chops. I looked at several different recipes and decided on the olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, and parmesan method. I'm only going to do half a head of cauliflower just in case it's a miss instead of a hit.

Turned out, we didn't try the cauliflower; that was moved to tomorrow night ...

So, Cooksie, whatever you learn, pass it on ! ...?:applause:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight will be baked chicken thighs and cuke/onion and tomato salad.
Just need to get to the store for some Italian dressing.

Johnny West

I'm spatchcocking a chicken - Safeway had Perdue chickens for 87 cents a pound, limit two. I'll make a salad and oven roast some gold potatoes.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Neither of us felt like cooking last night, so ordered from a relatively new Italian place. Eh, not the worst we've ever had, but far, far from the best. We'd really have to be in a pinch to order from there again.