What's cooking NCT Sunday 8/6/2017 to Saturday 8/12/2017?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Tonight is Down Home Cooking - I have two bunches of mustard greens that I'm going to cook with a smoked turkey wing, cornbread dressing, and maybe some tomatoes or black eyed peas.

Johnny West

One day I'll have to try that - I've never had mustard greens but like beet tops and collards.

Tonight I'm grilling my last salmon fillet fillet piece from 2 summers ago. I'll have to see about going again before the season is over. The side will be coleslaw and dill pickle potato salad leftover from last night.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pork loin souvlaki kebobs with tzatziki, homemade white unbleached flour pita, and foil packet grilled Greek potatoes with garlic, oregano, and lemon juice and zest.

picture.php

picture.php

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Instant Pot (pressure cooker) Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, steamed baby spinach and onion mushroom au jus.

picture.php

picture.php

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had popcorn mixed with skinny pretzel rods and iced tea, while watching reruns of Blue Bloods.

Whenever I eat a big breakfast I am pretty much done for the day.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pepitos sandwiches and homemade chips. Our DD called on Friday after watching a DDD episode asking if we understood 1 of the spices the chef was talking about. Yep, it was cumino, AKA cumin. DD has not really been interested in cooking anything other than her rather limited repitroire until the oldest GD expressed interest in cooking recently. Sounded interesting so we decided to make it. Found the Lizano sauce in the ethnic section in the regular grocery store. Dogboa really liked it. I certainly wouldn't turn 1 down, but I'd pick a Philly cheese steak with mushies and onions first.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/irazus-pepito-sandwich-0173488

Attachments

• 2017-08-07 18.16.33.jpg
    2017-08-07 18.16.33.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 114

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Summer spaghetti that I like to make.
Old favourite, another one from the herbal cooking book from long ago, and memorized.

Thin spaghetti cooked, drained and tossed with olive oil, add fresh grated parm, chopped roma tomatoes, minced garlic and basil.
I"ll chill the rest and eat it for work dinner tomorrow.
It's good warm or cold.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken and dumplings look great Lucky! I'd have to sub out carrots for the peas though, just not my thing with C and D.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
How do you make your dumplings? They look really good. I've got a recipe from Paul Prudhomme that we really like, but, like pretty much all his recipes, they are "involved" and I'd really like to make something like them (which yours kind of look like) that aren't as time consuming.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Dumplings are the Warden's area of responsibility, but I can tell you, there's a Bisquick box involved..........

Each time I snap a pic of the dumplings, I forget to slice one open for effect.... they are always so nice in the middle, that deserves its own pic !

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Dumplings are the Warden's area of responsibility, but I can tell you, there's a Bisquick box involved..........

Each time I snap a pic of the dumplings, I forget to slice one open for effect.... they are always so nice in the middle, that deserves its own pic !

Okay, Thanks. I've thought about making them that way, just never have since he seems to either want PPs or the "slicks" kind depending on mood.

Johnny West

Last night I grilled a New York Strip bone in I got on a 30% off bin at Safeway.

Attachments

• #KC Strip MS.jpg
    #KC Strip MS.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 109

Johnny West

Mine is the Delmonico but back in the day I loved the porterhouse.
This one was tasty.

Tonight it's a BLT salad.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Easy meal tonight. A baked chicken meal using cream of mushroom soup mixed with white wine, slices of swiss cheese on top of chicken, and crushed Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix. From an old Southern Living cookbook. Served over egg noodles. Vege will be corn maque choux with a mirliton that somehow found its way into our bags instead of the previous customer's who actually bought it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Easy meal tonight. A baked chicken meal using cream of mushroom soup mixed with white wine, slices of swiss cheese on top of chicken, and crushed Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix. From an old Southern Living cookbook. Served over egg noodles. Vege will be corn maque choux with a mirliton that somehow found its way into our bags instead of the previous customer's who actually bought it.

That sounds good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub and I finished off everything left from yesterday's salads except the potatoes and olives for lunch.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm also starting homemade yogurt. Doing Boil cycle now. Then 8 hour incubation. Will strain overnight for a nice thick Greek yogurt. Will make lemon curd and strawberry compote tomorrow.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pizza for dinner tonight
Mama Mary Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust topped with tomato sauce, olive oil, herbs and spices, shredded cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan and romano cheese), crumbled sweet Italian sausage, bell peppers (green, red, yellow and orange), onions (red and yellow) and sliced mushrooms.

picture.php

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Easy Tuesday ..

Mac 'n Beef w/ Diced Tomatoes, Sweet red & Yellow Peppers, Onions and two Cheddars..... But y'all have seen it twenty times by now...

Mac 'n Beef.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made yogurt yesterday and left in the fridge to strain overnight. I ended up with nice thick Greek yogurt and 1.5 quarts whey to use for pancakes/waffles and in baking.
I also made 3 (1 cup) jars of lemon curd and 3 (1 cup) jars of strawberry compote.
Not sure what dinner will be but I am leaning toward waffles topped with Greek yogurt, lemon curd and strawberry compote.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Orecchiette with roasted fennel, hot and mild Italian sausage, onion, garlic and dried tomatos. A little white wine and Parm. R. too

Attachments

• 2017-08-09 17.19.00.jpg
    2017-08-09 17.19.00.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 122