What's cooking NCT Sunday, 7-30-17 to Saturday, 8-5-17?

Dogboa

Today is my 60th B-day and I'm making Sauerbraten, Rotkohl (actually made this yesterday) and kartoffelklosse (my grandmother's stuffed potato dumplings):thumb:.:cooking: Karen will probably lend a hand.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Broke down an 8lb. chicken yesterday. The back, wings, skin and scraps will be used to make stock. I will add a breast and veggies for soup for lunches. The rest I will probably be smoked for dinner. Sides TBD later.

Johnny West

Happy birthday, Dogboa!

I grilled chicken breast last night, now I was requested to make a chicken salad for tonight. I'll start crowing, soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chicken soup today and lunches for a few days. The stock is simmering.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday, Craig!

Your German meal sounds incredible!

Lee

Johnny West

Tonight's chicken salade on a bed of romaine. I put a spatchcocked chicken in the grill and should get many meals from it.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Craig's sauerbraten. That's my plate with about 1/2 of a potato dumpling. They really aren't my cuppa tea and I usually make spatzele for me, but didn't feel like messing with it. So, he gets 7-1/2 about baseball sized all to himself. He likes to slice up leftovers, fry them in butter, and have fried eggs over them.

picture.php

Embryodad

Today is my 60th B-day and I'm making Sauerbraten, Rotkohl (actually made this yesterday) and kartoffelklosse (my grandmother's stuffed potato dumplings):thumb:.:cooking: Karen will probably lend a hand.
"Happy Birthday!" ..... Enjoy!

Embryodad

Chicken soup over brown rice topped with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano and pecorino romano.

picture.php
Wow.... Looks great! ....
We use the grated cheese also. Tina loves when it melts and sticks to the spoon while eating it. I throw fried meatballs in mine. ( Little Ones ).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow.... Looks great! ....
We use the grated cheese also. Tina loves when it melts and sticks to the spoon while eating it. I throw fried meatballs in mine. ( Little Ones ).

Thank you Jimmy. Mom used to put little meatballs in when she had them. She would make a basic meatball without the Italian herbs. She would put them in chicken soup and sometimes pea soup.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
lest. . .

absolutely. like the avocado - they brown, so I don't like to cut/dice that until the last minute. I have to put the whole avocado uncut in the bowl 'in its place' to remind me to remind me to cut it up . . .

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
lemme see....

stainless bowl at top is red leaf lettuce + smidge of iceberg
top, left >> right
onion, chopped hard boiled egg, mushroom (crimini)
jagged 2nd row
cuke, (real) bacon bits, tomato, avocado
large bottom plate is ham, turkey & cheese julienned
with green pepper, celery on the bottom row.

there's quite a variation in 'recipes' for Cobb Salad - despite the "fact" that its origins are "known"

the ham & turkey I get from the deli - one single thick slice, then julienne it - easier that way - #7 on their slicers but who knows how 'standard' that thickness is between slicer makers...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made an improv dish of rinder rouladen w/ potato, pabst as my beverage, & dessert is not yet thought of; may have a yogurt, tho

(or rita's , if my pal is game 4 that)

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Once Again.... posted to last week's thread.....

Here we go again !

Last Night's Chicken Merlot (No Marsala in the house ...)
Steamed Red Spuds w/ a Broccoli, Cauliflower & Pearls mix...

Chicken Merlot 1.jpg

Chicken Merlot 3.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
luvs - have you posted your rouladen approach? one of my favs but not found a recipe/method I really like....

LT - there's a jar of pearl onions on my shelf been looking for a home - that brocc mix looks delish!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
luvs - have you posted your rouladen approach? one of my favs but not found a recipe/method I really like....

I use a different 1 that is sans bacon, & I use either paper-thin round steak or pound another cut, a similar, cheap cut until thin--
Then i use Chef's method that he showed us way when ago-- I'm @ pub so I hafta post his specifics later, tho they were different than those I saw online-- beef/mustard/dill pickle/etcetera-- tie w/ butcher's twine, sear, make a pan gravy-- I'll post when I get his recipe. So simplistic- So delicious-

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I smoked some chicken parts on the stovetop smoker then glazed with my Meatloaf/BBQ glaze and broiled to get a nice "bark". Served with Knorr's Creamy Chicken Noodles. No veggie tonight I just ran out of umpf.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight was a bit of ham, some Cabot sharp cheddar, boiled egg slices, grape tomatoes, celery and carrot sticks and a little cup of ranch dressing.

Cashews and raisins.

That's what I packed for my din din.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I smoked some chicken parts on the stovetop smoker then glazed with my Meatloaf/BBQ glaze and broiled to get a nice "bark". Served with Knorr's Creamy Chicken Noodles. No veggie tonight I just ran out of umpf.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh man Peeps, that looks so good.
The chicken.. mmmmmmmmm!!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We split a cornish hen that was spatchcocked and grilled with foil packet red potatoes and sliced fennel.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's Pork Chop, Smothered w/ Bacon and Onion Gravy, huge Carrots, Spinach Pasta Salad

Pork Chop, Smothered.jpg