Cool mixed drinks for a hot summer day.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll start out and I'm hoping others will share a recipe or two for cool mixed drinks on a hot summer day.

Ingredients:
Bag of frozen strawberries
2 liter of Country Time Lemonade
Bottle of strawberry vodka
ice

Directions:
In a tall glass put ice and a couple of the frozen strawberries. Add one shot of strawberry vodka and top off with the country time lemonade.
We had these on the river last weekend and they were very refreshing on a hot hot day.

Real lemonade and strawberries could easily be substituted but the frozen fruit helped to keep the drink cool. And tasted good once the glass was empty.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
1 bottle of Hornsby's chilled amber draft hard cider + 1 can of cold Bud Light.
-Snake bite-
It'll blow your head off, but you'll be happy.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
lime gimlets, & the 'ol usual, margaritas (frozen). vodka straight from freezer 2 stomach, pinnacle whipped cream-flavored being a fave, my own take on bloody mary's- i have them exclude the tobasco, & add other stuff. i have drank snake eyes, tho not those, lollie

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
This is not an alcoholic drink, but is a guaranteed refresher for hot weather. I take seven tea bags (black tea) and pour 1 liter of boiling water over them. Let sit 15-30 minutes. Remove tea bags. Add 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice. Sweeten to taste. About 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar. Add some slices of orange, lemon, lime. Fill the rest of the pitcher with ice and put it in the frig and let the ice melt down. Oh, it's good on a hot summer's afternoon.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Karen, I made your dirnk today and it's delicious! I added a sprig of fresh mint.

I hope you don't mind if I post pics of your cool citrus tea.

Attachments

• citrusade tea 001.jpg
    citrusade tea 001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 324
  • citrusade tea 005.jpg
    citrusade tea 005.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 434

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Also not an alcoholic drink but quick easy and refreshing. Lemon Lime Soda - Mix juice of a 1/2 fresh lemon, juice of 1 fresh lime, ice, seltzer in large glass sweeten with sugar or sugar sub (I use Ideal sugar sub).

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Lovely-looking tea, SS! I'm glad you enjoyed it...I drank all of mine today and need to make more tomorrow. It looks so pretty with the mint!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sangria

juice of 4 oranges
1½ tbsp sugar
1 bottle red wine, chilled
3 strips orange zest
3 strips lemon zest
juice of 2 lemons
3 cups soda water or lemon-lime soda, chilled
5 to 7 fresh mint leaves
orange and lemon slices, for garnish

Stir the orange juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.

Pour the wine in a large bowl along with a handful of ice cubes.

Add the orange juice, fruit zests and lemon juice to the wine.

Transfer to a pitcher and then add the soda water.

Garnish with mint leaves and fruit slices. Serve at once.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Long Island Iced Tea

Ingredients;

• ½ fluid ounce vodka
  • ½ fluid ounce rum
  • ½ fluid ounce gin
  • ½ fluid ounce tequila
  • ½ fluid ounce triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
  • 1 fluid ounce sweet and sour mix
  • 1 fluid ounce cola, or to taste
  • 1 lemon slice
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour vodka, rum, gin, tequila, triple sec, and sour mix over ice; cover and shake. Pour cocktail into a Collins or hurricane glass; top with splash of cola for color. Garnish with a lemon slice.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I recently ordered one of these in Boston - it was terrible! The L.I. iced teas I've had in the past tasted EXACTLY like iced tea. This one tasted like Kool Aid.

I might try making one, LT - I have all the booze and triple sec. If I use dark rum, maybe I can get away without the cola.

Lee