What's Cooking in this Heat on 7-23-11

Leni

I'm going to barbecue something. Everything else is going to be cold. No heat in the kitchen today.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
New Orleans is celebrating Tales of the Cocktail this weekend....lots of great mixologists creating stellar cocktails; so...no dinner around here tonight. Instead, we're heading to Frenchmen street for some music and cocktails. I'm sure we'll go somewhere for a late night snack afterwards as long as it's NOT on Bourbon Street.

Carolina Cooking

I made a big Greek Salad this afternoon. It looked so good I ate it.:laugh:

I now havea try full of chicken wings in the oven for Buffalo Hot Wings.

Lets see if I can hold

off eating them till at least 6. :eat1:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Have some wild salmon to cook. Corn on the grill, rice and tomatoes out of the garden.

Nancy-MD

Lasagna and a salad.

Attachments

• lasagna and tossed salad 001.jpg
    lasagna and tossed salad 001.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 143

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DS and his GF were here to do laundry, and stayed for supper. I made bread this morning then made potato cavatellis this afternoon, topped with homemade sauce and mini meatballs. Very filling!

Bread072311.jpg

Dinner072311.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice dinners Nancy and Joe. I didn't get any pics of dinner last night since we had company so I took one tonight of the leftovers.

Attachments

• dinner07232011.jpg
    dinner07232011.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 134

homecook

LOL.....I remember those days Joe!! Free laundry, free meal......what more could you ask for? ;) Your dinner looks great!

Nancy, the lasagna is making my mouth water......

I'm grilling fish and corn on the cob tonight with the pasta salad from last night. It's going to be a late dinner as DH can't quit eating Mamas' bread sticks that I made!!!!! :D

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
LOL.....I remember those days Joe!! Free laundry, free meal......what more could you ask for? ;) Your dinner looks great!

Nancy, the lasagna is making my mouth water......

I'm grilling fish and corn on the cob tonight with the pasta salad from last night. It's going to be a late dinner as DH can't quit eating Mamas' bread sticks that I made!!!!! :D
I'll be right down...

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made Roasted Corn Chowder and Firecracker Shrimp. Didn't bother with new pics, 'cause I seem to have so many pics of the same dishes over and over.

So here are the recycled pics.

Attachments

• corn & red pepper chowder 002.jpg
    corn & red pepper chowder 002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 130
  • firecracker shrimp (5).jpg
    firecracker shrimp (5).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 134

Leni

I decided to smoke a shoulder clod roast, corn on the cob, Syracuse salt potatoes, and peas.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
w/ it dropping to being 87 here, i'll make linguine & veggies w/ a splash of porcini/truffle-infused oil. i hafta look thru the freezer & the veggie drawer. i would like to swim, though i'm uncertain of thier hours.
yinz dinners, they're looking lovely!
i hafta say, vera, that your dinner sounds like my type of meal!

Embryodad

DS and his GF were here to do laundry, and stayed for supper. I made bread this morning then made potato cavatellis this afternoon, topped with homemade sauce and mini meatballs. Very filling!

Bread072311.jpg

Dinner072311.jpg
What a teaser of a food item.
Looks great JoeV...

Nice dinners Nancy and Joe. I didn't get any pics of dinner last night since we had company so I took one tonight of the leftovers.

Mama.... You can post that pic anytime. What a great teaser too! LOL :applause:

Embryodad

We had the party (Graduation ) for GD..
It was a surprise, and she had no clue...LOL
The food was great...all the normal chicken parm.. / .. meatballs / ..baked ziti / sausage cacciatori / chicken cacciatori / salads / cheese / olives / breads / crackers / ......It was great.

The cake was a Masterpiece. I will post a pic....Made by a friend of DS's daughter in culinary school in NYC.

homecook

This was supposed to be made on the grill but a thunderstorm rolled through and it ended up in the oven. Parmesan stuffed haddock, corn on the cob, pasta salad from last night and Mama's breadsticks.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 121

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Tonight I had a ground Pork Patty with Teriyaki and Shallots, Mashed potatoes with Gravy, and Triple Succotash.

Attachments

• step9b.jpg
    step9b.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 116

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Great looking meals everyone! Awesome job! :clap:

Barb!! I have SOOOOO missed your plates! Gorgeous! I love your style!

Can I, uh, borrow that plate??????? :lol:

Embryodad

that's a cute cake! i luv the diploma~
Yeah! Thanks... Cute it was; but..... I am not particularly Fond Of Fondant!..Ha Ha

I peeled mine off, and just ate the innards and the cream which was great.

The young kids at the party went nutz on the sugar based fondant. Goes to show how I pay attention.
I never noticed the diploma with the string tie!....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yummo food everyone. :D

They served this ravioli at work today that was covered in a beautiful brownish gravy.
I forgot to ask kitchen/dietary what it was.. but it was GOOD.
The filling was for sure spinach and ricotta.
Our suppliers for that dept. are Sysco and GFS, so the answer may be there.
Can't wait til they serve that again.
They've redone the entire menu and our patients and rezzies are loving it (staff too) lol

Last edited:

Embryodad

Tonight I had a ground Pork Patty with Teriyaki and Shallots, Mashed potatoes with Gravy, and Triple Succotash.

The teriyaki sounds like a winner with those for sure.

DW makes porkburgers with the ground pork, and with pureed onions, and then adds a handful of breadcrumbs to just hold it togther.
Dredged in flour lightly, and fried in cooking oil.

Great with applesauce.....

Have to try the teriyaki ones. That would be great with fried rice, or noodles I'll bet!

Those mashed taters are really an eye catcher all filled with gravy.
DW is a mashed and gravy lover of sorts.....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Yummo food everyone. :D

They served this ravioli at work today that was covered in a beautiful brownish gravy.
I forgot to ask kitchen/dietary what it was.. but it was GOOD.
The filling was for sure spinach and ricotta.
Our suppliers for that dept. are Sysco and GFS, so the answer may be there.
Can't wait til they serve that again.
They've redone the entire menu and our patients and rezzies are loving it (staff too) lol
when IP they use sysco, too- lots of stouffer's, lean cuisine, tho namely sysco (uncertain if the stouffer's is from them, tho likely is through them)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
is that tomato, w/ the succotash- sorrry, blurry vision, & i'm not fighting w/ contacts/tinted specs tonite!:mrgreen:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah! Thanks... Cute it was; but..... I am not particularly Fond Of Fondant!..Ha Ha

I peeled mine off, and just ate the innards and the cream which was great.

The young kids at the party went nutz on the sugar based fondant. Goes to show how I pay attention.
I never noticed the diploma with the string tie!....

i missed this one. i won't ingest fondant. nor icing, if too thick 'er canned. i like plain w/ sweet food, & nary bother w/ them- i despised learning 'bout fondant-making, simple, yeah, edible, uh-uh. reminds me too much of dough & it's fussy. to each his/her own, tho!