Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see that some people put their green salad on the same dinner plate as the rest of their dinner. I grew up that way.

But for all of my adult life, I've set separate salad bowls next to the dinner plates for the salad. Not sure why or how I got into that, but I just do it.

I'm curious about what other people do. This is for TOSSED GREEN SALAD, not other kinds of salads.

Lee

Moxie

Re: Toss Green Salad poll

If I'm serving protein, veg, starch, I usually serve salad first, on a separate plate. I usually only serve this much food if we have company.

If I'm just serving a grilled protein & salad, I plate them together on a single plate. This is a typical week-night meal for the two of us.

Saliha

Re: Toss Green Salad poll

I serve it at the same plate as dinner. Therefore, it occupies space from the main dish and forces me to eat less. I am not in diet - actually I haven´t never been. Maybe one reason for it is just this - part of the space is for salad what doesn´t increase weight very much.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
other-- my salads vary too much to explain.

usually, tho, various greens/fruits/cheeses/grains to begin them.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I like a well-dressed salad !

Don't y'all find that when your salad is on the same plate as your Veggies, the "peas & Carrots" end up dressed to a degree as well ?:yuk:

BTW - Applesauce goes in a separate bowl as well !

Grilled Pork Chop, Mashed Taters, Veggie Mix, Horseradish, Tossed Salad w/ Italian Dressing, Applesauce

Last edited:

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I use my same plate, that's how I grew up. Sometimes my kids want an extra big salad so they help themselves to a bowl. That's OK, it all goes in the dishwasher !!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I do it both ways.

I like the flavor of oil and vinegar dressing on my meat (especially beef and chicken) so usually on the same plate.
Plus the salad is usually my veggie loaded with stuff so I don't have to worry about that concern.

I really like vinegar/dressing on my fries so I love grilled steak, chicken or burger, salad and fries on same plate. BUT the meat is between the salad and fries so fries don't get soggy to quick.

Sometimes I use a bowl for my salad if I use dressing other than o & v dressing.

Johnny West

It's always a separate bowl and usually provide a separate fork, as well.

I like applesauce beside the pork chop.