What's cooking NCT Sunday 6/30 to Saturday 7/06/2019

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD and I went to D Mart (Indian food store) yesterday and I picked up spices. We decided to make Homemade Butter Chicken AND Homemade Naan bread for our lunch. Hub and other DD not into Indian food.

So here is our first try at homemade butter chicken and naan bread.

homemade_butter_chicken_naan_070319_IMG_5964.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That looks yummy, Peeps.
Beautifully plated too.

Thank you Sass. It was so easy and tasted fantastic. I was surprised that we got two good recipes off the internet. We tweeked them just a bit. But very good.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Aw; E-Daddy , I wish I'd seen this BEFORE I ran to the Farm Mart..... I will try it soon, tho' - Apple, or Apple AND Bacon ?
Granny Smith, or What ??

Jersey Blues are in (Blueberries) .... Need Ice Cream !

:hotdog:

Last edited:

Embryodad

Aw; E-Daddy , I wish I'd seen this BEFORE I ran to the Farm Mart..... I will try it soon, tho' - Apple, or Apple AND Bacon ?
Granny Smith, or What ??

Jersey Blues are in (Blueberries) .... Need Ice Cream !

Any apple. Granny Smith or a cortland....
If it L00Ks like an apple, and it tastes like an apple; then use the apple. hahahahahahahaha

But ....I would ask one thing! "Can it Core A Apple?" ( Jackie Gleason and
Art Kearny ) as Norton and Kramden in the Honeymooners. Season 4 episode 31
When they were on tv to sell the Handy /Dandy Kitchen tool ....

BTW....when I am at the market buying loose apples.....I say out loud, Rah Rah Rumble Rah! "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE SOMEBODY PICKING SOMETHING OFF OF
Y O U ????????"

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Any apple. Granny Smith or a cortland....
If it L00Ks like an apple, and it tastes like an apple; then use the apple. hahahahahahahaha

But ....I would ask one thing! "Can it Core A Apple?" ( Jackie Gleason and
Art Kearny ) as Norton and Kramden in the Honeymooners. Season 4 episode 31
When they were on tv to sell the Handy /Dandy Kitchen tool ....

BTW....when I am at the market buying loose apples.....I say out loud, Rah Rah Rumble Rah! "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE SOMEBODY PICKING SOMETHING OFF OF
Y O U ????????"

Wizard of Oz?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Worked out just as was written !

Franks 'n Beans, Potato Wedgies, Skillet Cabbage, Leftie Corn, and the Never-Ending Salad Bowl ...

Beans 'n Franks..jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I’m going to make pasta salad. The chicken has been marinading overnight in olive oil, fresh garlic, oregano and spices.

I have a sirloin steak and ground beef.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pasta salad (no mayo) is done and chilling. I have a sirloin steak and ground beef ready to go. No one wanted the buns so burgers on the plate, pasta salad and homemade pickles.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Happy 4th Jimmy and everyone.
Eric's Ice Cream van is at the park, so I'll get a Carnival Sundae that I love, with the funnel cake straws to enjoy during the fireworks tonight.

20190704_131319.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Brisket, collard greens, black-eyed peas, Mac and cheese.

Attachments

• 2019-07-04 17.30.29.jpg
    2019-07-04 17.30.29.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 102

Embryodad

The day of eating and grilling went 100% good.
I grilled the chicken breasts ....done and in the oven covered on low to keep warm.
Then I grilled the dogs, and set them in the electric skillet, set on 120 to keep warm.I grilled 12 1/3 Lb burgers and pulled them off the grill and into the skillet with the dogs.Perfect.......all cooked and ready to eat.
10 minutes later, the kids arrived.
No rushing.....No mixed up B S...... No bumping into each other in the Kitchen.
The sauce and meatballs, was done and on warm. I made my regular round / baked and sauced meatballs, and for Tina, I added more bread to hers; so they would be softer so she can digest them easily. Hers, I just made 9 of them, and formed them oval to differentiate them, from the regular meatballs.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
July Fourth Cook-In...

Angus Burger on an English Muffin with Jack Cheese, Frenchie Green Beans w/ Pearls, Red-Skin Potato Salad

Muffin Burger with Jack Cheese.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
If this chuck roast thaws in time, I'm throwing it in the crock with vegs.
Meant to take it out last night.
:bonk:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
^^^ back in the fridge until tomorrow.
5lb roast solid as a rock.

I'll do Cobb salads tonight.

Moxie

Yesterday for the 4th............:bbq3:

I put a dry rub on a 10 pound boneless butt overnight, then skewered it on the rotisserie in the morning, with hickory chips in the smoke box. 7 hours later it hit 205F and had a beautiful bark. Served 2 sauces on the side - one sweet, one smokey. I 'pulled' the pork, so some ate sandwiches, some plated.

I made potato salad, cucumber salad, and homemade baked beans, and people brought coleslaw, a fruit salad, and some appys.

For desert, I made one large cobbler with fresh cherries on one side and blueberries on the other. Homemade vanilla custard ice cream made it a red-white-blue dessert. The best piece of cobbler was the one in the middle where the cherries and blueberries met.

I have enough leftovers for a week.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
MMMMmmmm, I'm envious of medtran's brisket and Moxie's pork butt! I've never rotisseried a butt before.

It was too hot to even grill hot dogs, so we pan-fried the dogs in butter, served with mac salad, carrot/raisin salad, and cukes in browned butter.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_5169.JPG
    IMG_5169.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 136

Embryodad

Well..... Let's start over.

Had a power failure for 3 hours or less, I forget, but here goes..........
Here is a Double, Double DOG Supper! Love em charred.

IMG_1520.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, E-Dad ! I looked it up after posting and, yup! Just another rib Steak !

Made a nice Mac Salad, then forgot to take it out of the fridge....

Boneless Rib Eye, (Grill Pan), Parsleyed Baby Yukons, Veggie Mix, and a Tomato that needed slicing NOW !

Delmonico Steak .jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chuck roast going in the crock with carrots and potatoes in a few hours.
I'll make garlic/herb drop biscuits too.