Tortilla forms and Taco Salads

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think Leni talked about these tortilla forms in a recent thread, and I was intrigued so I bought some. They worked GREAT!

This is a good link to read more about them http://www.theyummylife.com/tortilla_bowls

I got the 10 inch tortillas, sprayed them with Pam, baked them in the Pammed forms at 400 for 8 minutes, for perfect tortilla bowls.

Filled them with lettuce on the bottom, 2 ladles of my friend Kathy's EXCELLENT chili (reheated in the microwave), and topped with shredded cheese, chopped onions, avocado and black olives.

We both ate every bite!

I'm annoyed that I didn't see any of the chili in the photo, but it was fantastic!

Lee

Attachments

• Tortilla pans 1, uncooked.JPG
    Tortilla pans 1, uncooked.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Tortillas 2, baked.JPG
    Tortillas 2, baked.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Tortillas 3, salad.JPG
    Tortillas 3, salad.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 134
K

Kimchee

I recently saw a pretty neat tip somewhere.
Turn a muffin pan upside down and push the tortilla down between four of the tin wells.
From the pictures, it looked like it worked like a charm.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can I buy these things online?

Andy, you can buy almost ANYTHING online!

These, from my beloved Amazon, are 4 bucks less than what I paid for them! [ame]http://www.amazon.com/CUCINA-Non-Stick-Tortilla-Shell-Maker/dp/B00BC4GY8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405886907&sr=8-1&keywords=tortilla+form[/ame]

Nice when something works as advertised!

Lee

LADawg

We have a Tanger Outlet Mall here in Foley, AL. (about 140 stores) and they have 2 or 3 cooking stores. I got mine at one of those stores.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Looks like the possibilities are endless in the way that they can be made!!

I'm seriously thinking of doing this!! :weber:

Leni

Yes, you can put anything in those shells. It can be any kind of salad or chili or stew. The only problem is keeping the shell from getting soggy.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Set up all the fixings on the dining room table, bring out the shells empty and let everyone serve themselves with whatever fixings they like in the shells.

This way, the shells will stand far less of a chance of getting soggy too soon. :piesmiley1::eating2:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie - Try these

I think you might like them.

Due credit - This was first posted in a thread by MexicoKaren. Not her link, but, one of the replies that is a great reference. Gosh, I miss her.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks, Adillo - I've never bought a tomatillo in my life, but now I've just got to. That green salsa recipe looks about as easy as it gets, put four or five things in a blender and give it a whirl.