Oils and Balsamic Vinegar

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Just happened to be the last weekend of the Keller Farmers Market and I came across this during my sampling. (What a neat place to showcase your goods!)

I had no clue you could mix and match oils to vinegar's, but here goes the story!

This one stand I approached was selling Texas made olive oil and vinegars and was offering samples. Eh, 8 in the morning and just did not sound good, but what the heck... let's go for it!!!! She asked me what flavors I wanted to sample. So many to pick from, I told her to surprise me.

She proceeded to mix a bit of pineapple balsamic with some jalapeno oil and a tiny crouton of bread..... DANG!!! What a surprise! I told her I needed more bread since I still had some of the goods left in my cup! I would have never put these two together, but now that I am making fresh bread, between this and the smoked olive oil..... I'm in HEAVEN!

20141130_182345.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
actually I'm bad seriously more disimpressed selecting "extra virgin olive oils" than balsamics.

EVOO can / do have extremely strong flavors. I got some (likely uber expensive) EVOO as a present - having learned my lesson,,,, I put a drizzle in a small cup and with crouton & asked for DW's opinion.

answer:
"Tastes like paint stripper!"
actually, a few bleeps omitted.
and actually part II, I've never fed her paint stripper, how does she know?

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I'm not a big purveyor of EVOO's, I like trying to keep a good one around for salads and what not. Here of late I have ventured out trying new stuff. Smoked OO, Jalapeno OO, etc. Actually, I would have not even bought the jalapeno oil if I had not of tried it first.

LOL!!! Maybe she had paint stripper as a kid?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I like to shop fairway markets in nj. They have extensive selections of oils and vinegarsThey put out sample bottles of all and bread for sampling. It is a great shopping break.