Whats cooking 11/19/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
That does look good! Love the mashed potato cup idea.
Thank you Cooksie. I used to make it by placing the cooked meat mixture into a baking pan top with the mashed potatoes then top that with cheddar and bake till cheese melted. But that made extra dishes to wash, extra cooking time, cost of gas and heat the kitchen up with the oven. This way is quick easy and only 2 things to wash. Also when we had leftover it took forever in the microwave to reheat because the potatoes are dense and require more time to heat through and by the time the potatoes are hot the meat and veggies taste nasty overcooked.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome job Peeps! Reps for that! That looks fantastic! I'd gobble that down in record time!! :thumb:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made crab cakes, but I forgot to take pics. But I have so many pics of my crab cakes that I'll just post an old one. They look the same - I promise.

I put a good squirt of sriracha in the tarter sauce, and boy was it wonderful! I had never had sriracha before - thanks to you guys for introducing it to me!

Attachments

• crab cake 008.jpg
    crab cake 008.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 76

mhend

SS - those crab cakes look gorgeous! Man, I'd love to have one of those right now! Sriracha is just the best stuff ever!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
The absolutely most flavorful hot sauce I've ever tried. I heard about it here, from some of you guys. Just bought some this week and WOW!

Here.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
OH! Thanks! I remember that thread where JoeV showed a collection of like 8 bottles/flavors of that stuff. I'm gonna have to get some.

Mhend, you seem to know this sauce......where did you find it????

mhend

OH! Thanks! I remember that thread where JoeV showed a collection of like 8 bottles/flavors of that stuff. I'm gonna have to get some.

Mhend, you seem to know this sauce......where did you find it????

I get it at Publix. I think they have it at Wal-Mart too. It's really good - you have got to try it!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, that looks like the ultimate comfort food - I hope your family appreciated it. It has just never occurred to me to "deconstruct" a shepherd's pie, but it makes perfect sense. Jerry would love it, I'm sure.

SS-your crab cakes are a vision! I've never seen such beautiful crab cakes, and I'm guessing that nice even crust has something to do with your beautiful copper pans.

I really enjoyed preparing dinner for guests tonight. I made the pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach and mushrooms that I did for FP, with some slight changes. First, I used two tenderloins instead of one. Added shallots and sliced garlic to the stuffing, as well as a bit of Oaxaca cheese. Used bouillon in the sauce to cut down on the richness a bit - just added a little cream. I made a salad with baby romaine, thin sliced celery, fresh orange sections, slivers of red onion, candied almonds and a sweet mustardy vinaigrette. I also served with fresh baked Italian bread.

So much was happening as I served dinner that I didn't get any pictures. But the meal was very well received. Everyone loved it and cleaned their plates. I served Jerry's favorite oatmeal cake for dessert. All in all, a really nice evening with good friends and good food.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peeps, that looks like the ultimate comfort food - I hope your family appreciated it. It has just never occurred to me to "deconstruct" a shepherd's pie, but it makes perfect sense. Jerry would love it, I'm sure.

SS-your crab cakes are a vision! I've never seen such beautiful crab cakes, and I'm guessing that nice even crust has something to do with your beautiful copper pans.

I really enjoyed preparing dinner for guests tonight. I made the pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach and mushrooms that I did for FP, with some slight changes. First, I used two tenderloins instead of one. Added shallots and sliced garlic to the stuffing, as well as a bit of Oaxaca cheese. Used bouillon in the sauce to cut down on the richness a bit - just added a little cream. I made a salad with baby romaine, thin sliced celery, fresh orange sections, slivers of red onion, candied almonds and a sweet mustardy vinaigrette. I also served with fresh baked Italian bread.

So much was happening as I served dinner that I didn't get any pictures. But the meal was very well received. Everyone loved it and cleaned their plates. I served Jerry's favorite oatmeal cake for dessert. All in all, a really nice evening with good friends and good food.
Thank you Karen. It sounds like you ahd a wonderful dinner with friends!!