Whats cooking 11/19/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok I think it will be something with ground beef.

Any plans?

buckytom

Grill Master
i have an 8+ lb. boston butt that needs to be rubbed and wrapped. not sure if i'll toss it in the smoker later today or tomorrow with "buffalo" style chicken sausage (don't ask, i have no idea. it was from my first food shopping experience at walmart).

Ronjohn

Going out as usual on a Friday. Absolutely no idea where just yet though. Chicago style pizza maybe?

Leni

DH has requested spaghetti. He even came home with garlic bread yesterday. I'll cheat and use Bartolli's sauce. It's pretty good and I can't stand all that long just yet.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We're having company for dinner and I'm cooking from Franken Pantry VI (more or less) - a reprise of that pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach and mushrooms. This time, I'll add some shallots and some fresh sliced garlic to the mix. Maybe use a little broth to cut the richness of the sauce. Already made some fresh bread, and an oatmeal cake for dessert.

Ronjohn

Well, looks like Chicago style pizza is out. Now I have no idea where to go. Maybe down to Greektown? (Why do I have to keep coming up with ideas when I'm not the one shooting them all down?) *mutter mutter grumble grumble*

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Not sure what dinner will be tonight. It was going to be some sort of ground beef dish but now it may be delivery pizza. My girl wants to go a pick up an early Xmas gift for the family while supplies are available. I can get 5% off using my Target card PLUS 1/2 sales tax if I go to the store in the proper county. LOL :clap: I have to make up my mind later. the store is open till 11 PM.

mhend

I still don't know either. My baby girl has been really sick this week. I'm exhausted because I didn't sleep very much at all last night. Kept getting up and checking on her. So dinner will most likely be take-out of some kind.

And Ronjohn, I always get "it doesn't matter to me, whatever you want." But somehow, it doesn't work out that way. Drives me batty! LOL

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I still don't know either. My baby girl has been really sick this week. I'm exhausted because I didn't sleep very much at all last night. Kept getting up and checking on her. So dinner will most likely be take-out of some kind.

And Ronjohn, I always get "it doesn't matter to me, whatever you want." But somehow, it doesn't work out that way. Drives me batty! LOL
Hope your girl feels better Mary!

I also get the "it doesn't matter to me, whatever you want." and then they complain about what they get!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Well, looks like Chicago style pizza is out. Now I have no idea where to go. Maybe down to Greektown? (Why do I have to keep coming up with ideas when I'm not the one shooting them all down?) *mutter mutter grumble grumble*

Ooooooooh! I miss Greektown! Have a saganaki for me, please.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Probably gonna be leftovers from Franken-Pantry VII for us. I might whip up some new sides though.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am really getting peeved!! I am so freaking tired of EVERY damn night hearing "I'm not eating that!!". They may be sucking their thumbs for dinner!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I am really getting peeved!! I am so freaking tired of EVERY damn night hearing "I'm not eating that!!". They may be sucking their thumbs for dinner!!

Sorry Peeps. Why not just hand them a 3x5 index card with a phone number on it. When they ask what that is, tell 'em it's the number for delivery pizza and they should have at it. :lol: :thumb:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sorry Peeps. Why not just hand them a 3x5 index card with a phone number on it. When they ask what that is, tell 'em it's the number for delivery pizza and they should have at it. :lol: :thumb:
I should make the SAME meal EVERY night for 2 weeks!! (Of course it will be the meal they ALL agree that they HATE!!) THEN see what they say!! EVERY damn meal one person says they aren't gonna eat something!! That may change their minds about what they say!! When I was a kid you never had a say what was put on the table!! You just ate it!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I should make the SAME meal EVERY night for 2 weeks!! (Of course it will be the meal they ALL agree that they HATE!!) THEN see what they say!! EVERY damn meal one person says they aren't gonna eat something!! That may change their minds about what they say!! When I was a kid you never had a say what was put on the table!! You just ate it!!

Do it!!! :thumb:

When I was 18, I was a DJ at a skating rink. I was required to do some sort of activity at the top of every hour. Usually the first thing I did was the Hokey Pokey. One Saturday night I turned the lights up and announced it was Hokey Pokey time.

All the kids were fired up that night and skating fast, and none of them wanted to do the Hokey Pokey, so they all sat down. I waited for a minute, and announced the game 3 times.

Finally, I said "Ok, back to skating" and turned the lights down.

I then played 6 old school (and I mean old) country songs back to back and locked the DJ booth door.

After the 6th song, I turned the lights up and announced the Hokey pokey again………over 80% of the crowd hit the floor to play!! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

K

Kimchee

Sushi! And lo mein! and fried frog legs! More Sushi! Poached fish! Coconut shrimp! Egg rolls! More sushi! BBQ ribs! Hot and sour soup! Seafood balls! Zucchini garlic shrimp! More sushi! Chinese greens! Little baby octopi salad! More sushi!

it's buffet night, yayyyyy!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
One of my neighbors (not the gator) is German and he's putting on his annual Oktoberfest starting at 5PM.

LETHAL GTS

Damn, now I don't know whether to go to Buzz's neighbors or Kimchee's tonight.
Likely more beer at the German fella's, but I sure do like sushi.
Tough decision....can I get back to you guys on this one :alc:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps said:
When I was a kid you never had a say what was put on the table!! You just ate it!!

I realize that I'm older than most of you here, but I have often wondered how my parents did that...we never said, "I'm not going to eat THAT." We just cheerfully ate it. There was never any question about it, and they certainly didn't have to threaten us. My mom was a schoolteacher (Dad, too). They both worked hard, and there was a full course nutritious meal (including dessert) on the table every single night. I think it was a question of respect - we respected their hard work. Things sure have changed - even with my kids, who are now 41 and 39. But my son's kids, who live in China (where he is a teacher) eat everything they are offered as well.

LETHAL GTS

Tequila...Karen...tequila.
Which by the way adds some great flavor to spicy shrimp.
My boys love it when I make tequila shrimp, because I flambe the shrimp to finish them off. They like the show and they taste sooo good.
Hmm maybe I'll make some tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Uh...I don't know what that is. Am I missing something? I know! Why don't YOU come HERE?
TEQUILLA! And Sammy Hagar owns the company and I think it is locate somewhere in Mexico. Let me google. BRB

Cabo Wabo Tequila (Click here)

Blue agave tequila from Mexico produced by rock musician Sammy Hagar.

I love shots of Cabo NO TRAINING WHEELS!!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well I got dinner made and they ate!!

Deconstructed Sheppard's Pie: Ground beef browned with onions, dry brown gravy mixed well with beef mixture, water and red wine added and cooked till thickened. Frozen mixed veggies added and simmered for 5 minutes. Deconstructed Sheppard's pie served in a cheddar cheese mashed potato cup (potatoes mashed with sour cream, butter, chives & shredded cheddar cheese).
Browned ground beef & onions

111910_sheppards_pie_browned_beef_onions_1.jpg

Browned ground beef, onions, veggies & gravy

111910_sheppards_pie_browned_beef_onions_veggies_2.jpg

Cheddar cheese mashed potato cup

111910_sheppards_pie_cheddar_potatoes_3.jpg

Deconstructed Sheppard's pie served

111910_sheppards_pie_served_4.jpg

Leni

Looks good Peep's. No wonder they ate it. Any leftovers? I concur. If they don't like what you serve let them buy the pizza.