What do you cook when under the weather?

Leni

I have to stay off my feet with my leg elevated. I can get up to fix meals but that's about it. What quick and easy meals do you cook when you are sick or incapacitated?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I send my husband down to the corner for tacos!:biggrin:

Otherwise, canned soup? Scrambled eggs/omelet? Top Ramen?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Cold cereal & milk?
Toast?
Hunk of cheese?
Ask someone else to feed you?

I guess I don't cook when I don't feel well.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What I do is canned soup, Ramen noodles, grilled cheese, cold cut sandwiches, or a TV Dinner.

And of course, as Lethal said, BEER! :gulp:

Sorry about your foot, Leni. Hope you feel better soon.

Sometimes I keep dry soup mixes in the pantry, i.e. mushroom & veg. or minestrone. Add water, & it's done in about 45 minutes. Add noodles near the end of cooking time, if you like. My Mom used to add diced cooked potatoes to Lipton chicken noodle soup. My Hungarian grandma used to make broad egg noodles w/ butter, S&P, & cottage cheese for me when I was a kid. I still luv them today. Grilled cheese sandwiches always make me feel good. ;-)

Last edited:

sadie

I have to stay off my feet with my leg elevated. I can get up to fix meals but that's about it. What quick and easy meals do you cook when you are sick or incapacitated?

Oh you poor Leni. I always have some home-made soup in the freezer. How about a sandwich and a quick salad? XOxo sadie

Leni

It's feeling much better. Cat curled up next to me and stayed there most of the day. He knew that something was wrong with me. I doubt that he knows that he'd the one who did me in. 'After all mom it was just a love bite.'

I think that I will make nachos for dinner tonight and open a can of refried beans. Near East makes a very good Spanish rice that will go nicely with the rest of the dinner.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter

Sorry about your foot did your cat bite you?

Omelette for dinner with whatever you have to put in it.

Leni

Just above the right ankle. I was petting him, the motor was running and whiskers were forward. He decided to give me a love bite. It became infected which meant a run to the ER. They talked about putting me in the hospital. It's a lot better now. I can walk almost normally and without pain. Still I have to be careful. If it gets worse they will admit me. That's why I started this thread about cooking when you're not up to par. I feel okay but have to stay off my feet as much as possible. I appreciate the ideas that have been posted, especially the ones about beer. :thumb: