dinner :) thursday, 11/18/10

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
'morning, guys~ dinner!- i may make rouladen though 'tis very kinda nitetime, as of yet. :wub:

sadie

Tonight it's my gramma's recipe Salmon Paddies, creamed corn, green beans w/ tomato & bacon, biscuits. Blueberry cheesecake dessert.

GRAMMA'S SALMON PADDIES

1 15oz. can Pink Salmon (juice & all, remove vertebrae as best you can)
1 small Onion, diced small
15-16 Saltines, crumbled small
1 egg

Combine ingredients in a bowl. Fry round Tablespoons of Salmon mixture in non-stick pan, or use a little vege oil. Cook and lightly brown on each side for 3-4 minutes.
Sometimes I make these ahead and reheat them in the oven on foil.

K

Kimchee

Something with baby bok choy... and either salmon or chicken.

Leni

No idea. Cat gave me a love bite and it got infected. Have to stay off my feet with the leg elevated. Got to be something quick and easy. May just open a couple cans of soup.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Leni - hope your leg gets better.:sad: My cat bit me on the toe the other day, but it seems to be OK, not infected.

I think I'll make a deep dish pizza for dinner. I thought I could do it from Franken Pantry ingredients until I realized that yeast is not in the pantry...:confused:

lilylove

?? I have no idea.... Maybe, frozen fish sticks. ( Paul likes them for some unknown crazy reason)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pork roast with potatoes, onions, carrots and celery.
The last time pork loin went on sale I broke it down. So I took a 1 lb roast out. If it thaws in time I will roast that and not sure what the sides will be. Sides may be potatoes (or rice) and cauliflower (or carrots).

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm making dough, oh my!~

Attachments

• !cid__Picture035.jpg
    !cid__Picture035.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 117

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks like spaghetti and meatballs but I would rather have chicken and dumplings :wub:

sadie

No idea. Cat gave me a love bite and it got infected. Have to stay off my feet with the leg elevated. Got to be something quick and easy. May just open a couple cans of soup.

Oh No Leni, take care of that bite. Hope you get well soon. XOxo sadie

Leni

That looks so good. Just what I need, chicken and dumplings with corn bread and lots of butter. Can I send my daughter over to get some?

I've decided to make nachos, Near East's Spanish rice, and open a can of refried beans.

Almost all of my skillets are CI. Some belonged to my mother, others my grandmother, and a lot of it I picked up at swap meets. Nothing like the old stuff! Some have been in pretty bad shape but I was able to reason and now they are nonstick.

mhend

That looks so good. Just what I need, chicken and dumplings with corn bread and lots of butter. Can I send my daughter over to get some?

I've decided to make nachos, Near East's Spanish rice, and open a can of refried beans.

Almost all of my skillets are CI. Some belonged to my mother, others my grandmother, and a lot of it I picked up at swap meets. Nothing like the old stuff! Some have been in pretty bad shape but I was able to reason and now they are nonstick.

Thanks, Leni! Send her on over - I made a ton of it. LOL! I'm glad you're feeling better!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was Roasted Pork loin. Sides were brown rice medley (Rice medley is long grain brown rice, black barley & Daikon radish seeds. Rice medley and onion sautéed/toasted in butter, turkey broth added for the liquid), steamed & buttered cauliflower and pan gravy.

111810_pork_roast.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Mary - I am so impressed with your chicken and dumplings - I hope your family appreciates what a wonderful cook you are! And Peeps, the "gravy queen" - your gravy always looks so rich and lovely. That rice medley looks really good, and the pork looks great. Luvs - we wanna see what you made with that dough!

We had our favorite deep dish pizza tonight - home made dough, baked in two nine-inch cake pans. Topped with Italian sausage (that I made myself), salami, fresh mushrooms, olives, thinly sliced red onion and red bell pepper. Mozzarella. The outside of the crust was slightly crispy because of the EVOO in the pan, and the inside was soft and chewy. Mmmmm. We ate one tonight and will have the other for lunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF0755.jpg
    DSCF0755.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 75

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh Mary - I am so impressed with your chicken and dumplings - I hope your family appreciates what a wonderful cook you are! And Peeps, the "gravy queen" - your gravy always looks so rich and lovely. That rice medley looks really good, and the pork looks great. Luvs - we wanna see what you made with that dough!

We had our favorite deep dish pizza tonight - home made dough, baked in two nine-inch cake pans. Topped with Italian sausage (that I made myself), salami, fresh mushrooms, olives, thinly sliced red onion and red bell pepper. Mozzarella. The outside of the crust was slightly crispy because of the EVOO in the pan, and the inside was soft and chewy. Mmmmm. We ate one tonight and will have the other for lunch tomorrow.
Thank you Karen!! That pizza looks so YUMMY!! I made pizza 2X last week but I want more!! LOL You made Itaian sausage from scratch? YUMMY!! I have never tried doing that. I did make fresh ground beef using my Kitchen Aid meat grinder but thats it.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
lilbopeep said:
You made Itaian sausage from scratch?

It's not as hard as you think...I ground some well-marbled pork (used the meat from some pork shoulder) in my FP, added seasonings (Italian seasoning and fennel), salt and pepper. Now, stuffing it in casings would have been a neat trick, but I didn't need to do that. It was pretty good after I sauteed it in some EVOO.