KIDS TURKEY RECIPES

sadie

Many years ago (1973) my mother used to work at an elementary school in Southern California. A teacher friend of hers who taught a second grade class asked her students to go home that night and write a recipe for Thanksgiving. Here are just a few of the recipes they returned the next day.

Kenny Navarro, Turkey
First take the turkey and cut it. Then open the oven and cook for 5. Take it out and squirt some juice on it and then cook for 5 more. Cook for 500 and it's really hot then.

Jennifer Rowell, Turkey
Get the turkey in the store then get the turkey from the refrigerator then open it up and put it in the oven. While the turkey is cooking put some stuff on the table and then take out the turkey.

James Marklin, Pumpkin Pie
Get a big pumpkin and cut it to make the seeds. Put the seeds in a bowl and put the pumpkin in a plate and then you can mash it with your hands and put it in the stove. Eat the pie with whipped cream.

Kelly Garvin, Turkey
Buy a great big turkey. Put butter all over it. Put salt and pepper. Make sure the turkey is dead first then put it in the oven for about 10 hours. Then be quiet and go out back with your brother and play.

Mark Lawson, Pumpkin Pie
Well you can get a orange pumpkin and you can cut it open first and throw away the mess inside. Then you can cook it if you add some water to it. Cook for maybe 2 or 8 hours and make sure the oven is hot enough. Then you can eat it.

Janice Vaughn, Pumpkin Pie
My grandma said to put the pie on a plate and make sure you have a napkin so you don't make such a mess on the table.

Christopher Clarkson, Turkey
First you wash your hands then you can touch the turkey. After you put something from a bottle on it you can cook it in the oven for maybe 1 hour or maybe 5 minutes when your done it's time to eat it and if it's ready then cut it but I'll never make a real turkey cause you have to wash your hands too much.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Those are great, Sadie. Kudos to Christopher Clarkson's mom, who taught him the importance of washing his hands.