What's for Supper 11-17- 2010

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
That sounds good. I'll take it out of the freezer right now...for real!:lol:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm considering many a food though soup would be great. i'm a configuring how 2 combine squash & lentils into a soup.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I saw a potato soup recipe on AR this morning that I'd like to make, using the rest of our polish sausage. Need to get some potatoes, though.

LETHAL GTS

My boys requested sushi tonight.
So it looks like tuna & salmon maki with maybe some taco kimchee.
Maybe some shrimp sunomono salad.

lilylove

I'm thinking about making stuffed cabbage...but might whimp out and make cabbage casserole instead. ;)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
sausage and carrots in a gravy topped with sliced potato which goes crispy on the top.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
sausage and carrots in a gravy topped with sliced potato which goes crispy on the top.

A link to wiki page on the Lancashire hot pot which is a more traditional hot pot.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancashire_hotpot

Wow, that sounds incredible! What do you make your gravy from? Do you bake the hot pot covered or uncovered? How long do you cook it and on what temp?

I've GOT to try this! I bet I could even do this in my outdoor Dutch Oven! I think this is on the menu for tomorrow or Friday!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that sounds incredible! What do you make your gravy from? Do you bake the hot pot covered or uncovered? How long do you cook it and on what temp?

I've GOT to try this! I bet I could even do this in my outdoor Dutch Oven! I think this is on the menu for tomorrow or Friday!!

Usually the gravy comes from the meat & veg. You can add some stock to keep it moist. It's a classic stew recipe, so you are looking at long slow cooking. If you google Lancashire Hot Pot, you will get loads of recipes, all slightly different

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
so i went & got food so , here's my dinner~
(considering the cheese(s) i am pairing w/~)

Attachments

• !cid__Picture045.jpg
    !cid__Picture045.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 77

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
luvs said:
olive oil cakes, & a fig/almond cake

Sounds yummy, luvs. I could go for some of that Lancashire Hot Pot, Ray!

I took the last of our Polish sausage, sliced it thin, and made a potato soup, with a little spinach and bacon added. It was good, and even though we ate on the patio, it was chilly, and soup tasted good. I made some cornbread to go with.

Attachments

• DSCF0747.jpg
    DSCF0747.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 71

sadie

Tonight it's Green Salad w/Vinaigrette, Pork Chops w/Rice & Crock-Pot Navy Bean Soup w/Ham. I love making soup in the crock-pot overnight the house smells so good when I get up at 3am to walk the dog then I'm craving the soup!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sounds yummy, luvs. I could go for some of that Lancashire Hot Pot, Ray!

I took the last of our Polish sausage, sliced it thin, and made a potato soup, with a little spinach and bacon added. It was good, and even though we ate on the patio, it was chilly, and soup tasted good. I made some cornbread to go with.
That soup looks fantastic Karen!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Meatloaf (2 ½ lb ground beef, 1 egg, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, 1 cup rolled oats, 2 Tbsp mustard, 2 Tbsp ketchup, sea salt & ground peppercorns), buttered spinach, mashed potatoes (butter, sour cream, sea salt & ground peppercorns) & gravy.

111710_meatloaf.jpg

Guts

Meatloaf (2 ½ lb ground beef, 1 egg, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, 1 cup rolled oats, 2 Tbsp mustard, 2 Tbsp ketchup, sea salt & ground peppercorns), buttered spinach, mashed potatoes (butter, sour cream, sea salt & ground peppercorns) & gravy.

111710_meatloaf.jpg

Peeps have you ever tried this brown gravy mix ? I get it at costco. It has a good flavor too. They also have a chicken gravy.

Attachments

• Brown Gravy.jpg
    Brown Gravy.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 62

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps have you ever tried this brown gravy mix ? I get it at costco. It has a good flavor too. They also have a chicken gravy.
This time I used that brand but in the packet/envelope add 1 cup water. I never shop at Costco and have never seen it in the bottle like that. I use McCormick when I don't have time or the drippings/fond to make homemade.