dinner nov 10th, 2010

buckytom

Grill Master
well, i was going to make my "two potato soup", but dw threw out the kale i'd harvested from the garden. she thought it was some kind of weed. :sad:

so now i'm thinking of a fra diavolo so i can write down exact amounts to add to the cookbook.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
bucky, a :shock: on that kale,-
'wingin din-din, here; chix & garlic sauce

lilbopeep

๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฐ Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok last nights chicken got put off so I am hoping its a go for tonight!! I am shooting for chicken & mushroom alfredo style sauce over pasta (TBD) & fresh steamed asparagus. Maybe some tomato (sliced or salad TBDL) also on the side.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, the asparagus bunches I saw at the store last night were thin spears-- pencil-like!
So, I'll settle for Green Giant, canned lol

Leni

I have absolutely no idea. I've got plenty of side dishes but no inspiration for the main dish.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
2010-11-10 17-02-10.584.jpg

2010-11-10 17-00-45.531.jpg

Leni

Grilled cheese sandwiches and soup. Broccoli on the side with a cheese sauce. Guts pineapple pie for dessert.

Deelady

We had an early Turkey dinner with whipped potatoes, corn bread stuffing, green beans, creamed corn, cranberry sauce, gravy and garlic butter bread sticks :)

I'm gong to have to try that marinade Sass...looks tasty!

Attachments

• food 408.jpg
    food 408.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 91
  • food 412.jpg
    food 412.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 119

Guts

Looks good Sass, but I have to ask what are "crash hot potatoes" ? BTW I eat asparagus fresh or caned, but draw the line when the get big enough to build a house.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Cubed poached B/S chicken breast, thick sliced mushroom caps, fresh asparagus (sautรฉed in butter till veggies were tender) & spinach linguine tossed with Alfredo sauce (butter, heavy cream, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses) and a side of tomato salad.

111010_chicken_asparagus_mushroom_alfredo.jpg

Leni

The pineapple pie was very good Guts. I passed the recipe onto Melinda whose husband loves pineapple and a few other people like Nancy and Pam. The only change that I think I'd make is maybe a little less sugar. I think that I'd like it better if it was a little more on the tart side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH LORD Sass and Dee!! Those meals look so fantastic!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen โ˜•๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿฆ‹
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good Sass, but I have to ask what are "crash hot potatoes" ? BTW I eat asparagus fresh or caned, but draw the line when the get big enough to build a house.
Thank you Guts.
They can be baked, boiled or nuked.
Just take the potatoes while they're still hot and smush them with a masher, or like I did.. between aluminum foil using an oven mitt and smash them flat, then season, skins still on, of course lol