Thanksgiving 2010

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Here is my tentitve menu which may and probably will change by turkey day!!

Thanksgiving_2010.jpg

Leni

Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, German red cabbage, green beans cooked with bacon, tossed green salad, sweet potatoes, and a couple of pies for dessert. And of course biscuits. And I almost forgot, cranberry sauce.

lilylove

I'm just bringing the dessert this year... so far the plan is to make a apple,pear,cranberry cobbler and a pecan pie. ;) I might also bake a sweet potato pie.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We are having cream of poblano/corn soup, chicken or pork tamales (have not decided), poblano/cheese tamales, rice Mexicana, charro beans, zucchini with corn and chiles, apple tart and pumpkin pie. Also something for appetizers that other people are bringing...maybe some rompope (Mexican eggnog) to finish.

mhend

We always go to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. I'll be taking my potato salad and a dessert. Probably coconut cake. Oh, and a couple of gallons of sweet tea.

sadie

Can I say I'd like to eat at lilbopeep's? What a menu, sounds wonderful.
Although I can't say we'll go hungry. I'm taking one dish (candied yams) to a friends where I know we will have at least 22 different things to choose from. Sounds like a party :biggrin:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Can I say I'd like to eat at lilbopeep's? What a menu, sounds wonderful.
Although I can't say we'll go hungry. I'm taking one dish (candied yams) to a friends where I know we will have at least 22 different things to choose from. Sounds like a party :biggrin:
Thank you sadie!! I have added cream cheese, green olive & walnut poppers as an appy and deleted the praline yams (maybe make them for xmas or new years).

Cream cheese, green olive & walnut poppers

Attachments

• greenolivepoppers-closeup-2-650.jpg
    greenolivepoppers-closeup-2-650.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 85