Whats cooking 11/16/10?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's a rainy, dismal day here. I've got a lot to do around the house to get ready for company next week so I'm thinking some chicken soup. I haven't decided whether it will be noodles or rice yet.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Our friends who visited from Chicago always bring us Polish sausage from a special deli there...I'll be using some of that, plus maybe some scalloped potatoes? That would hit the spot.

mhend

It will be chicken, but I'm not sure how I'll prepare it yet. Can't get to the market because my car is still in the shop. Argh!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I still have no solid clue!! I have a bit of sausage, peppers, mushrooms and onions left to use.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yo Peeps, can I borrow an onion?
Just realized I have none LOL
I could make the dish without .. hmmm.. we'll see.
Don't know if I want to run to the store for just onions.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
YIKES!! I always have onions. Unless they go south to soon. It seems the produce isn't up to par lately no matter where I go.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was sure I bought a mesh bag of sweet yellow onions and they are nowhere in the kitchen! :lol:
Knowing me, I left them in the bottom of the shopping cart or something..:bonk:

lilylove

We're still working on the stew I made... I really need to learn how to cook for TWO instead of TWENTY! :) :)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
lilbopeep said:
I have a bit of sausage, peppers, mushrooms and onions left to use.

Do you have eggs? How about a frittata?

SassMuffin said:
I was sure I bought a mesh bag of sweet yellow onions and they are nowhere in the kitchen!

Have you checked the car? Maybe they are under the seat, in the trunk, etc. hiding from you...

Leni

I was thinking of a chicken pot pie but then I discovered some steaks in the freezer. So it will be grilled steaks, baked potatoes, and a salad. Peach pie for dessert.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

i just went to the store for the exact same thing..forgot onions yesterday..lol

no idea what will be for supper tonight...lunch will probably be a toasted egg salad sammie

K

Kimchee

Leftovers. Got lots of tasty lasagna, a bit of fried rice and taco fixins to use up.

Ditto lilylove's "cook for 2 not 20" statement!!!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Do you have eggs? How about a frittata?

Have you checked the car? Maybe they are under the seat, in the trunk, etc. hiding from you...
I was also thinking eggs but maybe dipping eggs with fried potatoes with the pepper mix added to it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
making a salad of some type w/ those vinagrette items:
strip that i was gonna cook~ they duped my Mom into buying that. not on my thyme! (pun intended, he-he). returninng that meat; & promptly. that garlic is gonna be roasted. & i may begin another dinner 4 Mom/new-Dad~
vegemite-toast i suppose, although man, i should get bread as i am iffy on this kind i've got. i want my schwebel's! yepper, i said schwebel's!:wub:

Attachments

• !cid__Picture045.jpg
    !cid__Picture045.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 91
  • !cid__Picture049.jpg
    !cid__Picture049.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 92
  • !cid__Picture051.jpg
    !cid__Picture051.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 92
  • !cid__Picture055.jpg
    !cid__Picture055.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
Deelady posted a delightful recipe.
I'm going to make this again!
The beer, mustard and bbq sauce really come together. :wub:

*Aggie next door liked it too lol
(She gave me some onions) :D

2010-11-16 17-38-14.041.jpg

2010-11-16 17-37-25.274.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That looks Yummy Sass!!

Pan fried Yukon potatoes with red & green bell peppers, onions & mushrooms, scrambled eggs served with hot pepper paste & hot vinegar pepper rings.

111610_eggs_fried_potatoes.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
That looks great, Sass - I'm glad you got some onions. And Peeps - I love your eggs. They look just perfect. I wish I had some of your potatoes. Went to look and realized that I am clean out of potatoes, so no scalloped potatoes tonight. Instead, I just put two nice fat sweet potatoes in the oven. Dinner will be a little delayed tonight....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That looks great, Sass - I'm glad you got some onions. And Peeps - I love your eggs. They look just perfect. I wish I had some of your potatoes. Went to look and realized that I am clean out of potatoes, so no scalloped potatoes tonight. Instead, I just put two nice fat sweet potatoes in the oven. Dinner will be a little delayed tonight....
Thank you Karen. There is browned sausage in the potatoes also. I forgot to list that.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya Peeps, M and Karen.
Thanks to Dee too, for posting such an awesome recipe.
It's a keeper!

PanchoHambre

Tacos, the meat is done but I am waiting for bro to get home from work. Amazing, he is working longer days them me and I am doing 10 hr days right now.

Deelady

Awww you are very Welcome Sass! I'm so glad you liked it! It looks exactly how it did when I made it!

Lookin good Peeps!!