Whats cooking 11/13/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Meatloaf or swedish meatballs ......................... MAYBE. LOL

So what the plan for you?

Mr. Green Jeans

Not sure about tonight's meal yet. What I do have is 20# of cracked hazelnuts to pick through. Then roast the nut meats @ 225 for about an hour followed by several coatings of tamari which will carmelize nicely making for some tasty holiday morsels.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Same here Ray, but I won't be doing the cooking.
However, I may be the one doing the phoning for delivery :)

LETHAL GTS

It's my girlfriends son's 14th birthday.
So he has requested Surf & Turf (crab and steak).
I'm making a big batch of ABT's for apps and then ice cream cake for desert.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am pretty sure it will be swedish meatballs (loosely based on my aunt's Swedish MIL recipe), egg noodles with butter & chives and steamed, buttered carrots.

mhend

The kids are staying the night at their grandparents tonight, so we are going out for dinner and drinks - maybe a movie. Not sure about that part yet.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
GTS, you are SUCH a cool Dad. I'll bet your son and his girlfriend and friends will deeply appreciate your efforts.

Peeps, sounds yummy. Pizza sounds good, as does going out to dinner without the kids!

I'm doing a Franken PantryVI meal, and I may have undertaken something a bit too ambitious this time. I'll let you know how it turns out.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Swedish Meatballs (For the meatballs – Ground beef, fresh bread crumbs, finely chopped onion, egg, salt, pepper & mustard. For the sauce - cream of mushroom soup, sliced fresh mushrooms, milk, water, beef bouillon, sour cream, mustard & chives.), egg noodles with butter & parsley and steamed, buttered carrots coins.

111310_swedish_meatballs.jpg

FooD

I've got 4 racks of spareribs and a large platter of vegis roasting in the oven now. I've gotta feed people coming over this evening to watch the Pacquaio/Margarito fight on pay per view.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps - your meatballs look wonderful...beautiful color on the carrots. I love Swedish meatballs. We had a similar kind of meal. I used Franken Pantry VI to make a pork tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms and spinach, then finished it with a lemony wine-cream sauce and some buttery noodles. More pics and details on the Franken Pantry VI thread. This was our favorite Franken Pantry meal so far. It was pretty darned good.

Attachments

• DSCF0693.jpg
    DSCF0693.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 158

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks great Peeps, I haven't made those in a long time, I think it going on my short list.

Karen, I think "pretty darn good" is an understatement! I really enjoy Franken Pantry too. I love being able to create and try new things.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen, Mama & Mary!!

Peeps - your meatballs look wonderful...beautiful color on the carrots. I love Swedish meatballs. We had a similar kind of meal. I used Franken Pantry VI to make a pork tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms and spinach, then finished it with a lemony wine-cream sauce and some buttery noodles. More pics and details on the Franken Pantry VI thread. This was our favorite Franken Pantry meal so far. It was pretty darned good.

WOW That looks good Karen!! I made a similar rolled/stuffed pork loin awhile back with mushrooms, spinach and onion filling. And you are right about those flavors being darn good!! I will have to make your sauce next time. It looks fantastic!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday was a busy one in the LT kitchen; Luckily, I had plenty of help from Whitchy and the Warden

My Project was the twice-a-year Chili Pot

Chili1.jpg

Chili2.jpg

and can you guess what dinner was :a1:
Chili3.jpg

Whitchy was inspired by the Lethal GTS Franken-Pantry offering....
BATs001.jpg

BATs2.jpg

BATs3.jpg

BATs4.jpg

BATs5.jpg

The Warden was the Baker for the day ; Apple Cake and the Corn Bread !

AppleCake1.jpg

AppleCake2.jpg

AppleCake3.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow, everyone's dinners look delicious. :thumb:

I made my version of Moo Goo Gai Pan with chicken, mushrooms, and bok choy:

MooGooGainPan.jpg

mhend

That chili looks fantastic, LT! And Cooksie - your Moo Goo Gai Pan looks better than anything I could get in a resteraunt here! Beautiful!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks you two :mrgreen:!

The mushrooms are baby bellas. I usually just pick up the mushrooms that look the freshest.

Leni

You all are making me hungry and I just had breakfast!

I diced the chicken I roasted the day before and warmed it in gravy. Then it went on top of egg noodles that I cooked in chicken broth. That broth went into the gravy and was reduced. Mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables were the sides.

LETHAL GTS

GTS, you are SUCH a cool Dad. I'll bet your son and his girlfriend and friends will deeply appreciate your efforts.

Peeps, sounds yummy. Pizza sounds good, as does going out to dinner without the kids!

I'm doing a Franken PantryVI meal, and I may have undertaken something a bit too ambitious this time. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the kind words. The girlfriend is mine LOL and not my son's.
And we all know how amazing your Franken Pantry turned out!
Great job, I think I'll be sipping some tequila while I make Franken Pantry VII!