dinner 11/8/10, monday

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I picked up a bottom round on sale so I am thinking pot roast or stew.

mhend

We're having spare ribs for dinner. Haven't decided on sides yet. Maybe scalloped potatoes and salad.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Leftovers tonight. There is still a fair amount of sauerkraut and potatoes, but I may have to cook some sausages, as there isn't much meat left.

Leni

Leftovers again. I was thinking eggplant but DH voted for leftovers which is fine with me.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
PERFECT grilled cheese LS! Love it! :clap:

Everything is still in disarray here after the move. Living out of boxes is sooooo fun. And to boot, my main PC is in the shop, and I'm on the video capture rig now. This rig is faster and stronger than my PPC, but I don't like using it for much more than capture work. Such is life since it could be a couple days till they can get the PPC back up…....

DW picked up some thick pork chops today, so I'm thinking grilled Honey Mustard chops here in a bit. We'll see.

mhend

That grilled cheese does look really good! :)

We had ribs and scalloped potatoes. Grilled some chicken for the kids.

DSC_0006.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Perfect Grilled Cheese LS!

Awesome dinner mhend!

I made my Franken Pantry tonight.

Attachments

• dinner11-08-2010.jpg
    dinner11-08-2010.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 101

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
HOLY COW!! Those are beautiful!!

I want a plate of each! Mhend the ribs and potatoes look yummy and Mama those greens and bacon and the fried taters look awesome!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beef Stew - Cubed bottom round dredged in highly seasoned flour and then browned in peanut oil. After browning the following were added to pot with the beef - beef broth, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, burgundy wine, water, 1/3 box mushroom caps thick sliced & gravy master. Simmered for 1 hour then the following added to pot - 6 carrots, 2/3 box quartered mushroom caps, 4 stalks celery & 1 lb “teen tiny” potatoes (those potatoes are whole and no bigger than marbles) were added to pot. Simmered till veggies were tender then thickened with a mixture of butter & the seasoned dredging flour mashed together then stirred into the liquid and cooked till thickened.

110810_beef_stew_1.jpg

110810_beef_stew_2.jpg

Guts

This doesn't hold a candle to your dinners, but it is what I had tonight. Egg Drop Soup.

BTW; Kimchee Would you share your recipe for Egg Drop Soup, or any one else that has one. Thanks in advance.
Kim

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 107

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This doesn't hold a candle to your dinners, but it is what I had tonight. Egg Drop Soup.

BTW; Kimchee Would you share your recipe for Egg Drop Soup, or any one else that has one. Thanks in advance.
Kim
that looks wonderful!! Yummy pass me a bowl of soup, crisp noodles and the soy sauce!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
All of your dinners look so good! The soup, the stew, the grilled cheese, the ribs, the pork chops! Haven't had much computer time tonight - mine is still in the shop. Oh Peeps, I love that stew. I think I'm going to have to go get some stew meat tomorrow and make some myself. It is getting unseasonably cold here - it is about 66F right now. I know, that does not sound like whining weather, but we are not used to it, and we don't have any heat. of course. Time for the one long flannel nightgown I brought down here with me...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen. There is a small amount left that will most likely be lunch. The bottom round roast was 4 lbs. I dredged and brown it all but only used 1/2 for the stew. I am thinking maybe stroganoff over egg noodle bow ties for the other 1/2.