What's Cooking? NCT 08.30-09.05.2015

Johnny West

Tonight was faux chikin enchiladas and not bad.

FullSizeRender_12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Saliha

After a long time a food which doesn´t include zucchini:

Xho3Mbx.jpg

Pork in chili sauce, brown beans, vegetables, herbs with spaghetti.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night we had chicken parts (whole chicken cut up), graffiti eggplant and yellow squash kabobs done on the bbq. Used hickory & mesquite chips, I also added a bit of apple wood chip "dust". Side salad of baby mixed greens and heirloom cherry tomatoes.

Tonight is tacos.

Johnny West

Last night was leftover steak added to green beans, onions, and tomatoe gravy over pasta. It was ok but m getting tired of green beans.

Tonight I'll make BLT's. It's easy enough and am in a cooking slump right now.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Johnny, if you have a chance, would you please post your Faux Chicken Enchilada recipe in a new thread of it's own?

Thanks!

Lee

Johnny West

Lee, it's the recipe off the can of Old El Paso green enchilada mix only use faux chicken strips instead of chicken and always add extra Mexican three cheese for the topping; oh, and lots of canned green chili's.

Johnny West

My son is a vegetarian and try to fix something veg every weekend when he is here with the granddaughter. There are a lot good recipes out there, I just need to experiment more.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My son is a vegetarian and try to fix something veg every weekend when he is here with the granddaughter. There are a lot good recipes out there, I just need to experiment more.

Johnny, does your son eat eggs and cheese?

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I've been feeling lousy for a few days. I can't smell or taste anything. So decided to make chicken soup. Which was a challenge but with hubs help tasting all it needed was a bit of salt. Served over brown rice topped with fresh grated Romano cheese. I love chicken soup and I hate that I can't taste or smell it. :sad:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Feel better, Peep!

Johnny, you make all that Mexican or did you go out to eat?

Lee

Johnny West

Feel better, Peep!

Johnny, you make all that Mexican or did you go out to eat?

Lee

No, I went out to El Toro. It's average food but the place is always packed. My favorite place is too far to drive, has goat, and they serve no chips and salsa. It's where Mexicans go to eat.

Johnny West

The Steak and Guinness is almost done, need to thicken it, then put the biscuits on and bake off in the oven. I got grands as i didn't feel like making my own biscuits. It's martini time and get ready for the Seahawks last pre-season game.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday I stopped at the grocery deli and got some ham, pimento cheese and lettuce high roller/pinwheels for my lunch. Saw the pea salad and bought some of that too! :pig: lol

I just had brunch at the diner a little while ago, a breakfast bowl with rye toast.
Dinner is still up in the air.

Embryodad

Last few day's...been feeling "greasy".... "foamy".... "bulged with a puffy feeling"

Started new meds for dibeetus and cholesterol. They are making me tired and my head feels like it has a "Sponge" inside it.
Don't have a clue as to supper tonight.
Yesterday, Tina made nice red stuffed peppers, and I fried Okra. The okra was ok, but a little dry. I like okra in like a seafood gumbo or in beef barley soup.

Embryodad

Supper was 2 brats ( bacon flavored ) on 1/2 a hot dog bun each.
Yep! I named it a dieters "Half Bun Dog" ... LOL.... makes no sense really. Like saying "I'm Half of a Mother & Father!" .... Anyway, I ate them with sauerkraut on the side!
No dessert! Gasp!.... I'll save dessert for tomorrows meal.

Saliha

Asian-style shark fin melon chicken soup:

IP1jADR.jpg

And for dessert with ice cream sea buckthorn-carrot-apricot jam:

8OJhdtC.jpg

:

Johnny West

Tonight is spaghetti casserole - a bottle of V-8, bottle of tomatoes, herbs, faux beef crumbles, onions, and spaghetti cooked in a pot, then baked off in the oven. It's comfort food for a cool weekend meal.

Last edited:

Johnny West

I looked sea buckthorn up on the net and never heard of it.
I'll see if I can get a bush from amazon. Sounds interesting.