Butternut Squash-filled Shells

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was excellent!

Very hearty, delicious and a terrific excuse to make fried sage leaves in browned butter!

I filled 23 shells. We each ate four and it was plenty! We picked them up in our fingers and ate them like mini tacos. A keeper!

My photo is below the recipe

Lee

P.S. I don't really think the egg was necessary.

Butternut Squash, Ricotta & Spinach Stuffed Shells

qZe6v0_Wu3HkKpzC9dyiF1K0hBgeWfzkEJZYb8fvUsCwZaE7bT1nTJuzpeG9pFZMd4iQLjqiXvIKF79Zdb3jCCk6nqY=s150-c

Yields: 0 servings
Ingredients

2 cups of ricotta ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish 1 fresh smashed garlic clove ¼ cup frozen chopped spinach ( squeezed and drained) 1 egg salt, pepper roasted squash, around 2 cups and grated lemon peel 1 stick of butter 10 sage leaves fresh lemon juice
Directions

Peel, chop and toss in olive oil your butternut squash, then in a hot oven roast at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
Cook your jumbo pasta shells according to directions.
In a bowl add aprox, 2 cups of ricotta,
⅓ cup parmesan cheese,
1 fresh smashed garlic clove,
¼ cup frozen chopped spinach ( squeezed and drained)
1 egg,
salt, pepper,
your cooled down roasted squash, around 2 cups,
and grated lemon peel. The lemon peel was key to this dish and added a nice bright flavor.
Stuff the shells with the mixture and place in a buttered baking dish.
Make a sage brown butter sauce by melting 1 stick of butter in a saute pan until golden brown and bubbly.
Add at least 10 sage leaves until slightly crisp. Turn off heat and squeeze in fresh lemon juice.
Place your shells in a 400F oven until heated through around 20-25 minutes. When finished spoon your warm sage sauce all over and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.

This recipe printed from Key Ingredient.
Direct recipe link: http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/13902230/butternut-squash-ricotta-spinach-stuffed-shells/

Attachments

• Butternut squash-stuffed shells.JPG
    Butternut squash-stuffed shells.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 117