My Grandmother

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
She passed a little after 4 this morning. I'm glad that I had last Sunday to tell her bye and she was able to tell us that she loved us and she opened her eyes long enough to look at us. You really had to listen or you wouldn't hear, but, we did.
This pic shows who she was. She loved the kids. She was always there to hold every new baby in the family. My niece just had one and he was the first that she had not held,so, my niece took him up the the home and they laid him in her arms. She may or may not have known, but, she DID hold the last of her great great grand babies!! She left behind 5 grandkids, 11 great grandkids and 22 great great grandkids and she was there for every single won when we were born. If she saw a baby in a store, she would stop and talk to them and just touch their little hands.

this is Christmas 07 with my great niece, her great great grandaughter, Angelina.
Angie was born at 5 months and only weighed 1lb and 12 oz. She went through hell with surgeries, transfusion, collapse lungs, etc... she is the miracle child and she loved her Mammaw.

100_0050.jpg

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwww, Stacy, I'm sorry. Your grandmother looks and sounds wonderful!

Your lovely post brings tears to my eyes, since my grandmother was my "person" (everybody has one). She's been gone for 18 years, but I still talk to her, and say her sayings and think of her and miss her like hell. And I'll bet she's loving every minute of it, too. :)

Peace, Stacy.

Lee

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you, Lee. Mammaw has always had a really big place in my heart. After my momma died, she took a lot more of it. I will miss her dearly, but, she is no longer in pain. She just missed her 92nd birthday. She had a really good life and enjoyed it to the fullest.

homecook

Stacy, I am so very sorry to hear this...my heart is hurting for you. It is so hard to let go even when you know it's for the best. I am so happy that you got to say goodbye. Prayers going out to your family.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and much love coming your way!!!!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Very sorry to hear that, I know you will really miss. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My condolences. She can now watch over all of you from a better vantage point.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My sincerest condolences for you loss Tracy. I still think of my grandmother who lived with us till her death. She was the woman that raised me and I will always miss her most.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Gramma's are special and they leave special memories. I am sorry that she is gone. I am glad tat she left you woderfum memories.

Andy

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I so sorry to hear about your loss Stacy. She looks like she was the perfect grandmother. I'm sure you have some wonderful memories. We're here for you....

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you, you two. I do have 40 years of great memories of her. She was always there for us, no matter what.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am so sorry for your loss, Stacy. It is one of the hardest parts of life, to lose the ones we love so dearly. May you take strength in knowing that her memory will live on in the hearts and minds of all who knew and loved her. Further, if she were a good cook, you can keep her memory alive in your favorite recipes of hers. It is what I love to do!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
thank you, Susan. She loved to cook and yes, I think we will all be fighting over her recipe books, lol