Back on the healthy wagon.....

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Apologies. I really do want to participate, Suzie, and it looks like there are a lot of us here that could stand to be in a little better shape. Should we post everyday what we did or didn't do to reach our goal?

lilylove

I think posting every day is a good idea!

What exercise did you do..?
what diet foods did you eat..?

suziquzie

LOL.... I didn't know weather or not to put it here or chit chat... or back room.... jokes don't bother me a bit...... feel free to move it!!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
LOL.... I didn't know weather or not to put it here or chit chat... or back room.... jokes don't bother me a bit...... feel free to move it!!!

Actually I think the thread is correctly positioned. Losing weight promotes better health and that is a serious issue. If Doc wants it moved we'll move it, otherwise it'll be fine here.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I think posting every day is a good idea!

What exercise did you do..?
what diet foods did you eat..?

So let's start right now by stating our goals and how we plan to attain them. Then, let's check in every day and brag about what we did. If you don't follow your plan you will be struck down by a plethora of evil smilies.

Here's mine:

I don't need to lose much, maybe five pounds max, but I do need to get some strength back and improved aerobic conditioning.

I'm going to:
1) Continue eating a healthy diet and that includes a decreased amount of alcohol consumption. I'm already doing that as of four weeks ago (75% decrease).
2) Religiously go to the gym a minimum of three days a week.
3) Swim three days a week - LA Fitness has a big ass pool and my home pool has an extended lap lane so I have no excuses.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Bumpity bump!

Where'd all you neo health nuts suddenly disappear to? Time to come out of the closet and make some commitments.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
They went to bed - it's just us loose living folks left now.

Oh. And fine examples we'll make for the straight arrows, eh? If they don't tell their stories tomorrow it'll be time to pick 'em off, one by one. We can PM them them onto submission. :D

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I think healthy eating is the main issue. The exercise bit is just me and always has been. Without the workouts I don't improve. My diet doesn't change things much. Weight training helps the muscles, aerobic training helps the lungs, heart, and head.

smoke king

Banned
I actually started this past week. Whats always worked for me have been small changes. So far I've quit putting cream, creamer or sweetener in my coffee, I have cut out all the foods with white flour, and try to keep sugar to an absolute minimum. I keep breakfast and lunch as light and healthy as possible, and try to eat smart, balanced dinner. As far as snacks go, fruits and raw vegatables have replaced all the foods from the "O's" family-fritos, doritos, cheetos....well, you get the picture.

I've kept to it pretty well so far, and I'm even eyeballing that god-forsaken treadmill in the corner, but after breaking out the lawnmower for the first time today, I'm hoping the yardwork will suffice for excercise!!

Hey, if we hold each other up, we can do this!!

suziquzie

What, everyone poop out this weekend already???

Friday I worked my butt off in the yard..... ate real well also.
Saturday and Sunday I always work my rear off at work.... the tricky part there has been not eating bagels and muffins, but lately I want nothing to do with them and so far so good this week, I'm bagel free!!!
Had dinner out last night for my b-day and had a grilled chicken wrap.

Today I'll get on the elliptical, pop in my favorite Denise Austin DVD, and once the yard dries a bit get back to work out there.

GotGarlic

Alright, I've got 15 lbs to lose, and I really just want to go back to feelin' good all the time.

Anyone care to join me in an accountability type thread? :flowers:

At first, I thought it wouldn't be right for me to join this thread, because if anything, I need to gain weight (don't be jealous - it's due to a serious health problem that no one wants). But I had major surgery last month, and I need to get active and build up my strength and stamina, so I can get back to kayaking and bicycling :smile:

I'm out of work till next Wednesday (going back part-time for the week). Yesterday, I ordered a dance-aerobics-to-Motown-music DVD, but I felt crappy all day, so I didn't do much physically, although there's a lot of gardening to do, and we have company coming this weekend, so there's cleaning to do, too. So I could use some accountability, too! :smile:

smoke king

Banned
What, everyone poop out this weekend already???

Nope, I'm still with ya' Suzi!! I've been staying the course save for 4 pieces of Coconut shrimp yesterday, and a small portion of Sass's Creamy cucumber salad (Sour cream and a bit of sugar). I've been wanting to make a Stained Glass icebox cake, but have decided to let it go for a while.

Back to the grind!!

suziquzie

So.
My exercise of late has been limited to yardwork and housework, but I have 5 acres so yardwork is no small potatoes around here! Being springtime doesn't lend alot of time to do actual workouts.

Lost 2 lbs this week..... amazing what small changes can do.
:)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Monday I walked about 5 miles in 90 degree heat on the golf course. Yesterday I was in the gym, weight training + 20 min. aerobics. Went out to a new oriental restaurant last night (DW's BD) and over ate. Today I'm going back to the gym. No abs in sight yet - working on it though. LOL

High Cheese

Saucier
The DW and I had dinner the other night, grilled ribeyes, baked potato and a salad with homemade bleu cheese dressing. I ate the salad and the potato and was totally satisfied. We froze the steak for fajitas someday.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Did my gym workout and am "celebrating" with a "Publix Diet Ginger Ale". Bleaaaah. DW & I decided to play golf this aft so I'll walk 4 miles if I'm playing good and 5 if I'm not. :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
So.
My exercise of late has been limited to yardwork and housework, but I have 5 acres so yardwork is no small potatoes around here! Being springtime doesn't lend alot of time to do actual workouts.

Lost 2 lbs this week..... amazing what small changes can do.
:)
WooHoo!!!! 2 lbs! That's awesome, Suzi. And it's very inspiring. I'm going to be teaching my son how to drive for the next couple of days. I hope slamming my foot down on the imaginary passenger's brake will burn calories.