PRAYERS NEEDED FOR DEE!!!

Lefty

Yank
Thank you for the good news. I am glad everyone is doing fine. I will keep Maya in my prayers. Give her a hug from Uncle Rick. :mrgreen:

homecook

Dee, I know you still have a ways to go in the healing. Just know our thoughts and prayers will follow you for as long as you need them! You and Percy have been strong through all this and it shows in the strength little Maya has to continue to improve. God Bless you all!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo! The pics weren't up yet when I posted! Maya is soooo pretty, Dee. She is such a big girl and looks so healthy, it's shocking to see all the tubes and wires. I am praying hard for her to be home soon. Thank you for posting the pics, Dee, so I have her little face to picture in my head.

Dee - you look so beautiful! I can hardly believe that you have just had surgery! And Percy is beaming as he looks down over his second child. It's been such a rough start, but you and Percy are the parents Maya needed - strong and loving and brave.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
She's a beautiful little girl! What an ordeal :(. I'm glad things are working out and everyone is okay. Ya done good :clap:.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, what an ordeal. I'm so happy for you that all our prayers were answered, Maya is doing well and Percy made it home so you all can be together as you work through this. :thumb:
Thanks for the update Dee. What luck those doctors were there already. Congrats don't seem like enough but I can't think of a better word right now. Very moving for sure.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
lots of love and kisses from auntie peeps!! you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

GotGarlic

I'm so sorry for all you and your family have gone through, Dee, but glad to see that things are going well now - especially that both surgeries went well and Percy is home. Best wishes to you all.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Such a beautiful Dolly!! Thanks for the update and try to get plenty of rest. I have a feeling you're going to need it more than you think!

Newnork1978

She's gorgeous, courageous and strong...you two must be so proud. I'm glad everything fell into place and that she came through her surgery well. :thumb::bb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
All wonderful news! Beautiful baby, beautiful mom, and .... Percy is HOT!!!

You are a lucky girl, Dee! :flowers:

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
she's just beautiful, dee. and you look great as well.

that smile on percy's face and in his eyes is priceless.

Deelady

Thank you everyone for your very sweet comments :) :)

A quick little update.....as of yesterday she is completely off all breathing support and today they moved her out of ICU onto another floor for recovery :D She also has been trying to drink from a bottle to test her reflexes but has only taken very little so it looks like she will need a little therapy for that....I am hoping to be able to try to breast feed her tomorrow!
We decided I should take the day off to rest a bit more so unfortunately we will not be seeing her today, but will definately be with her tomorrow! They say everything else is excellent! What a little fighter I have! :D:wub:

CharlieD

Oh, my, I am glad I got to see this thread only today when everybody is out of danger and doing well, Thank G-d! I would have been worry sick otherwise. My praers go to you all with the wishes of full and complete immidiate recovery.

Newnork1978

1505348xjnf59r2tn.gif
All I can say is "YAY!" I'm so happy for you! :flowers:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What a great update, Dee! Breathing on her own is a huge step! I'm glad you are resting today because I suspect you will have some busy days ahead. I know you are aching to be with Maya, but I'm so relieved that Percy and Ayla are at home with you - making you feel better. Hugs to all of you.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can start nursing tomorrow. Breast milk is magic stuff - comforting to baby and cures everything!

Deelady

Well Ayla got to meet her baby sister for the first time today :) :) LOL She was a bit apprehensive for a bit but soon warmed up and was asking to be held over and over so she could look at her.:wub:

I wasn't able to try to feed her today because she was going for a MRI scan to make sure no other masses were hiding, and tomorrow she will have an ultra sound to check on that everything is working as it should....both tests being standard procedure. If those two check out fine, the only hurdle left to deal with will be her feeding. But the Dr said with heart patients this is very common and often takes time.
I did also get to hear her cry for the first time today.....:D What a tiny adorable cry it was!! Quite the opposite from hers sisters mouth in the hospital when she was born! LOL She was famous for her loud mouth!

But all is going very well and Maya is more and more active and vocal everytime we see her! :)

Attachments

• Baby Maya 042.jpg
    Baby Maya 042.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Baby Maya 043.jpg
    Baby Maya 043.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Baby Maya 038.jpg
    Baby Maya 038.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 182

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing, Dee. I think all the prayers from your friends helped. I'm so happy for you and yours.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
What a precious little child you have there. I am glad that she is getting better by the day.

Deelady

Here are a few pics from today and yesterday :) She is so alert now and quite the little chatter box :D
I was able to feed her for the first time yesterday and she took to me immediately, and today she was able to get half of her needed amount of milk from me directly!! Awesome improvment from a few days ago with her bottle!! :bb::thumb:

Attachments

• Baby Maya 064.jpg
    Baby Maya 064.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Baby Maya 066.jpg
    Baby Maya 066.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Baby Maya 070.jpg
    Baby Maya 070.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Baby Maya 075.jpg
    Baby Maya 075.jpg