PRAYERS NEEDED FOR DEE!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yes...Barb...thank you so much for the update! I'll be continuing to pray for them too.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thank you so much for keeping us updated, Barb. I can't imagine how Dee must be feeling right now - her very ill newborn in a different hospital where she can't even see her, her other daughter with a relative because her husband is desperately trying to get home, and trying to recover from surgery herself! We will all keep praying hard for little Maya and for Dee. Please send her our love the next time you talk to her.

homecook

Update!

Baby Maya had surgery around her heart today. She is doing fine!! She's a feisty little girl. lol Hopefully she will be able to go home within the week instead of the 4-5 weeks they first predicted. Dee will be going home Saturday or Sunday. Dee is doing well and sounds in good spirits.
I am leaving tomorrow morning to go see her and will take all your thoughts and good wishes..........
She thanks you all for your thoughts and prayers!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
That's good news!!!!!

Thanks Barb, for keeping us up to date. Add my thoughts to the others when you see her.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo!!! You will be the best medicine ever, Barb! I am so happy to hear that little Maya's condition could be fixed. I hate to think of that tiny little baby having heart surgery but I am so grateful to the doctors who did it. I will keep her in my prayers.

Thank you, Barb, for being such a good friend to Dee (and to all of us.) Hugs to you and Dee and have a wonderful visit.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Excellent news! We all helped FIX the baby!!! LOL!!

Barb, hug Dee (gingerly) for me, too!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You are so right, Lee!!! I am not religious, but I know for a fact that prayers/good will/good ju-ju/healing vibes etc. can FIX stuff! (I seriously believe y'all helped fix my mom in this last round.)

:applause::applause::applause: I am so proud to be part of this community.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Oh Dee! I wish I saw this earlier! Of course you have my prayers! I will add you and the baby to the prayer list in Temple tomorrow night.

suziquzie

Thank goodness everything is going to be ok, what a relief!
Thanks to you too Barb for keeping us updated.... give her a big hug for me when you get there!
:)

Meme4251

Thank you kindly Barb for the update on baby Maya. My thoughts and prayers have been w/you, Percy, Ayla and Sweet Baby Maya. Wishing you all my best wishes and hope that Percy gets home real soon.

Again, Barb, you are one of a kind! Such a wonderful person you are. Sending good thoughts to you and your DH and S. Thanks, sh/Meme:applause::respect:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks so much Barb for the updates. Reps to you for going down to Columbus to see Dee and show her support. :thumb: As others said tell Dee NCT sends our love and prayers for her and Maya. Like everyone, I breathed a sigh of relief when reading your message. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!!!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i can't wait to hear barbs report when she gets back from her visit with dee.

Newnork1978

1844581hdshdcpjt7.gif
Glad for the good news. :clap:

Deelady

Hi Everyone!!! Let me first say, that even though for most of the time I was alone....I was NOT alone for a second!!! I completely 100% felt every prayer coming our way the entire time! I was so comforted and felt a inner peace through this entire nightmare! So I thank you all with every inch of my heart!!!
To my dearest Barb...I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am for your love, friendship and support! When I saw your face peep into my room I cannot tell you how overjoyed I was!!You truly made me feel loved and cared for! :) Thank you {{{HUGE HUGS}}}

Now on Baby Maya....what a strong little miracle I have there! She has been so calm and such a liitle fighter!
I went in for my regular Drs appt on wed. and everything checked out normal and fine. However I asked for a cervical exame to be done since I have been having so many contractions and backaches. I just wanted to put my mind at ease. If it wasn't for me requesting this I would still be ignorant of my little one being in any danger!
The Dr at this time noticed that I was measuring suddenly much bigger than my last appt. and she notice the baby seemed to bounce inside of me when pushed....she decided to put me on a stress heart mointor and then give me an ultra sound. As I was hooked up to the monitor to listen to the baby's hearbeat I started getting very strong contractions one right after another. Soon after she gave me the ultrasound and for over 45 minutes she sat trying to figure out what she was suddenly seeing.
Next thing I know her lead dr was having me come to his office with a social worker to gently tell me that my baby was in danger and extremely sick.
They found a mass that looked to be on her lungs and much fluid inside of her as well as excessive fluids in my uterus and placenta. He said we needed to that minute to have her taken out in order to see if there was any hope for her.
Within the half hour I was upstair and being prepped for surgery, my sister in-law had right away sent my husband an email to try and get word to him....by God's hand he received the email immediatly and was able to call me within minutes! (this is an esp. incredible miracle since he had just been in an Iraqi jail arrested but released just a few hours before and had just walked back into his room!!)
So minutes before my surgery I was able to tell him what I knew so he could start trying to get home.

The main reason the were hoping to get me into surgery THAT MINUTE was because all the top Drs who would be most needed for such a situation just happened to be at the hospital at that time! So as I was starting my c-section I look over to see 5-6 drs and nurses standing waiting at Mayas table waiting for her to come out of me to do what they are normaly called in special for! My Dr could not say enough how lucky we were to have everyone already there for a situation that was so last second!
My surgery went without a hitch but as Maya was out unfortunately they saw very quickly how serrious it actually was for her. She not only had alot of fluid in her stomach, lungs, and around her heart but also had a large mass (tummor) above her heart pressing on it and her lungs.
Within an hour or so they removed the fluids from her stomach and had prepared her to be transfered to Childrens Hospital, for further tests to figure out their next step.
At Childrens they did a scan on her and found the mass to be even bigger than thought to be and slightly attatched to her aorta and severely pressing on her heart. She was taken into surgery immediately. They had to open her up at the neck to control blood flow as well as other medical reasons and opend of course at the heart to remove the mass. She was in surgery most of the day....the Dr was able to get the mass out completely but her said it was much more dificult than he had hoped. He also ended up having to cut out part of her Aorta and had to recontruct it (which Thank God he happens to have done several times before). After the mass was removed he saw that her heart seemed to be working without issues as well as her lungs.
She is now in PICU recovering and the were hoping to take her off the breathing tube yesterday afternoon as well as a few other tubes since many seemed to be running clear! What a fighter I have :)
Sorry for the novel......lol I will continue to keep ou updated as we are about to head over there! Just wanted to write everyone first, because we would not be here if it wasn't for the massive amount of prayers we received! :heart::kiss::heart:

Here are a few pic of our little Miracle!! Hugs to you all!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, oh, oh - poor little Maya! So much for such a tiny little person to go through. (She must get her strength from her mama.)

Thank you for updating us about her progress - we are all praying for her. And you and Percy and of course, Ayla.

Are you home yet? I am so glad Percy is there to help take care of you and Ayla. Take care of yourself and rest a lot because soon, you will all be home together.

Love to all of you,
Auntie Terry
(Hey, if Lefty can be an uncle........) LOL

Deelady

Oh and I forgot to mention....The morning after my ce-section a supervisor of Percys entered into his room early in the morning handing him a plane ticket and said be ready in 15 minutes to leave!! Percy answered, Ill be ready in 10! So he was immediately on his way home on a 20hr flight home and arrived faster than I could have ever hoped for!! :wub::wub:

Attachments

• maya.jpg
    maya.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg