My first Manhattan!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Over Thanksgiving, I happened to mention to my father that I've never tried a Manhattan cocktail.

So, Dad gave me a BIG bottle of pre-mixed Manhattans for Christmas! :D

I bought a bottle of maraschino cherries (I don't care for them, but I thought it might be key to a good Manhattan), chilled my white-spotted martini glass, chilled the bottle of booze, and poured my first Manhattan!

Not bad!

It's sweet, not something I would typically order, but I think I could aquire a taste for it.

A good sipping drink. Relaxes the muscles, which is very important to me. One and done, though!

Lee

Attachments

• Manhattan.JPG
    Manhattan.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Manhattan 2.JPG
    Manhattan 2.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 199

PanchoHambre

I like a Manhattan quite a bit - probably because it was always my Dad's cocktail on the rare occasion he drank liquor - I also really like rye straight up and most whiskey and bourbon :)

On a similar note the once cocktail I have always avoided as "gross" was a bloody mary but I had two on sunday with some tacos it was lovely

Ronjohn

Can't remember if it was a Manhattan, an Old Fashioned or if she went back and forth - but when we'd go out for dinner with Grandma, I always remembered her getting one of them :)

The cherries always tasted a bit um... strong when she let me have them :)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've yet to have my first Manhattan. :bonk:

Years ago a group I worked with had a 3 Martini lunch planned. Had a limo scheduled as none of us would dare driving afterwards. An emergency happened at work and we never did get back around to having our lunch. Darn it.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
My winter cocktail of choice. Makers Mark a little sweet vermouth and touch of bitters. I have mine over ice. A weekend pleasure.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I favorite drink all year round is vodka & cola!!! Second favorite is rum & cola!!

I also like Rolling Rock with shots of SoCo!

Last edited:

Johnny West

I agree. Mom and Dad had a saying....No one in their right mind has more than two martinis, but who is in their right mind after two martinis?

Three is my limit.

I make Manhattan's:

1.5 ounces of good rye or Maker's Mark
.5 ounces Doulin Sweet Vermouth
several good shakes of Peychaud Bitters
3 marchino cherries (Maker's Mark cherries are best.)
2 tsp, cherriy juice

No one complains... BBBJW