"Tina's Moms Banana Crepes"( *Hankies )

Embryodad

Tina’s Moms Banana Crepes. (Hankies as she called them.)
Makes approximately 16 to 22 thin crepes. 8” diameter.
2 - Eggs
2 - Cups All Purpose Flour
2 - Cups Milk + a few tablespoons at the time (If needed)
2 - Ripe ( Or Overripe Banana’s )
¼ Cup Granulated Sugar + more as adjusted to liking for sweetness. X a few tablespoons.
Oil for cooking / pan baking the crepes. I used Wesson Oil.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a food Blender.. Add all ingredients, and on medium speed…blend until the bananas are liquefied and the batter is lump free.
The batter must be not too thin, and not too thick.
I added about two more tablespoons sugar to my sweetness test and liking….and milk to thin it out a bit, and that by adding the milk by the Tablespoon a little at the time.

The batter should run off the spoon; but still be coated on the spoon. If it is slow to drop off the spoon…then it is too thick.
Heat a lightly oiled 8” to 10” bottomed non-stick skillet on medium heat to sizzle water drops, and pour a small amount of batter as you roll the pan in a rotating rolling direction to spread the batter into a thinned out crepe; approximately 1/8” inch thick.

**Add a little oil with a brush for cooking each crepe.
Bake till the crepe shrills and stiffens enough to flip over. Then after flipping, cook till the bottom is lightly browned. ( This takes practice ) If the crepe breaks apart…the batter may need to be thickened a bit by adding a Tablespoon or so of flour to the mix.

I don’t place them on a cooling rack. I just pile them one on top of each other as they are done.
Use you favorite fillings, and roll them or fold them.
Refrigerate any leftovers covered in a container for a few days.
Enjoy!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good, EmDad, and I always have that stuff in the house!

Lee

Embryodad

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

You are welcome lifesaver!
Tina and I never decline to give out any recipe.
My mom had a Best Friend...and her Brother operated a luncheonette.
The buisiness finally closed after years and years.
10 years had passed, and the brother and all the family were in retirement.

Mom asked for a recipe for a chili sauce...and her friend said,"Oh No Way!" ..."that recipe goes to the grave, and MY KIDS won't even get it!" ..... W O W ! ... "That was the Slap In The Face to Mom!"...
It separated their friendship..., and they were like sister friendship! LOL...
Sounds good, EmDad, and I always have that stuff in the house!

Lee

Thanks Lee...

I don't know what it is....it may be the Darwin Theory; that we came from the Monkey's...but it seems that everytime DW shops, she comes home with banana's. Not to eat.....but to sit there in the bowl till they scream and ooze out the juices of sugar through their blackened rippled skin, and beg to be made into banana bread.

Then all of a sudden,,,*Poof*.. they are gone! ~~Like magic.
Well.....not really gone gone, but just open the freezer door...and waalaa...there they are;....all frosted and rock hard.

Just in there, and stuck in between the missfit stuff in there that will never get eaten; unless by the outdoor feeding frenzy in the animal feeding pit. LOL:ohmy: