Pork Chops, Weight Watcher's

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This would be easier, and better, on an outdoor grill. But with a couple of feet of snow on my grill, it wasn't an option for me.

I thought the fennel gave the chops too anis-y a flavor. I would use different seasonings next time. Otherwise, this was a delicious, satisfying meal!

Lee

Pork Chops with Squash and Mushroom Salad (serves 4) 6 PointsPlus per serving

4 (5 oz) bone-in center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
2 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 large ear corn on the cob, shucked
1 (10-oz) package cremini mushrooms, stems discarded
2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 Tblsp lemon juice
1 Tblsp EVOO

1. Spray grill rack with nonstick spray, preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire. Or use a grill pan on top of the stove, as I did.

2. Sprinkle pork with crushed fennel seeds, ½ tsp of salt, and 1/8 tsp of pepper; let stand at room temperature while you prepare sauce.

3. Grill corn, mushrooms, and squash, turning often, until softened and browned, 15-17 minutes for corn, 10-15 minutes for mushrooms, and 8-10 minutes for squash.

4. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from corn and slice mushrooms. In a bowl, mix squash with corn, mushrooms, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, oil, and remaining ¼ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper. Let stand at room temperature.

5. Grill chops to 145 degrees internal, for pink, juicy chops, about 4 minutes on each side. Grill longer, if you don't like pink. Serve pork chops with salad.

Per serving: (1 pork chop and ¾ cup salad): 339 g, 253 Val, 10g total fat, 2 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 66 mg chol, 352 mg sod, 16 g total carb, 6 g total sugar, 4 g fib, 26 g protein, 70 mg calc, 6P+

Last edited: