Saturday dinner 16 May

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Look at the time!! No one is cooking tonight??

My son and his girlfriend are coming for dinner tonight. Hoping to be outside but so far, the weather is not on the same page I am on.

I've got homemade quacamole and mango salsa to have with watermelon and mint mojitos.

Spinach salad with grilled appricots (I completely forgot about them last night), feta cheese and roasted sweet potatoes.

Baby back ribs with a bourbon bbq glaze.

Aunt Mary's potato salad (have to give her credit, even though my mom jacked the recipe years ago)

Grilled corn.

Either biscuits or corn bread.

Mascarpone tarts with blueberries and raspberries.

More than likely a cabernet...but I could be wrong.

smoke king

Banned
Look at the time!! No one is cooking tonight??

My son and his girlfriend are coming for dinner tonight. Hoping to be outside but so far, the weather is not on the same page I am on.

I've got homemade quacamole and mango salsa to have with watermelon and mint mojitos.

Spinach salad with grilled appricots (I completely forgot about them last night), feta cheese and roasted sweet potatoes.

Baby back ribs with a bourbon bbq glaze.

Aunt Mary's potato salad (have to give her credit, even though my mom jacked the recipe years ago)

Grilled corn.

Either biscuits or corn bread.

Mascarpone tarts with blueberries and raspberries.

More than likely a cabernet...but I could be wrong.

Yum! What time do we eat? I can bring corn dogs! :wink:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I doubt I will eat tonight since I so full reading Vera menu. :in_love:

Now if I do get hungry I still have four crab cakes left over from last night ready to cook up so that should be about right for me and the other half.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Going out tonight to celebrate DS's birthday (he was 14 on Wednesday)

chowhound

I might just eat leftovers tonight. I need to make room in my fridge for the next time I make something. I'll probably have the other country fried steak I made last night and some of that sausage & penne paste dish. Maybe throw in some garlic bread and sauted mushrooms and onions.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Mother and Dad are up, as well as both sons, 1 granddaughter and one new Bride.............We'll be visiting an eatery of one sort or the other...........

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Yum! What time do we eat? I can bring corn dogs! :wink:

I love corn dogs!! I have to eat them in private because it's so not in keeping with my character. Just don't tell anyone. I like spaghettios, too.

Mark and Sarah are coming at 7. Ribs will be closer to 9. How long will it take you to get here?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I doubt I will eat tonight since I so full reading Vera menu. :in_love:

Now if I do get hungry I still have four crab cakes left over from last night ready to cook up so that should be about right for me and the other half.

That crab cake looked amazing. Bring me some and I'll share my ribs.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That crab cake looked amazing. Bring me some and I'll share my ribs.

No problem but the crab cakes are easy to make too. I posted my recipe for them in the seafood section when I first came here. The only variation on them this time was I added a jalapeño to the mix. I tried about 50 different recipes before I came up with this one that we have used now for about a year. It has been perfect every time and are soooooo good. The sauce is one I like since there is no mayonnaise in the crab cake.

lilylove

?? It depends on if we go to a birthday party tonight or not. If we do it'll dinner out somewhere , if we stay home I think I'll just make a giant Greek salad.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I got a couple nice ham steaks the other day so we'll grill them up tonight with German potato salad. Probably have cottage cheese on a bed of lettuce with sliced cling peaches for a salad. Not sure about dessert just yet.

We have another engagement tonight, otherwise me and DW would join y'all at Vera's place. The more the merrier. :alc:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Headed to the North Georgia Mountains so dinner will be at a restaurant.

Love2"Q"

throwing some bone in chicken breasts on the grill ...
will do some foil packet taters and abts with it ...

i am whipped .. better go cut the grass before it rains again ...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
A twist? What twist????? TELL ME!!! :yum:

well seeing as it was freaking SNOWING out today, i decided to stay indoors and make

smoked chicken manicotti

img0830t.jpg

as soon as youtube processes my video, i will have a completed iron chef dish .....lol

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I think my son and his girlfriend would bathe themselves in my guacamole if they could....

The ribs were wonderful...almost forgot to get the picture. The mascarpone tarts could have used 3 minutes less in the oven. All in all, it was a mighty tasty dinner.

weekenddinner031.jpg

weekenddinner032.jpg

weekenddinner033.jpg

This is all that was left of the ribs by the time I remembered to pix them!
weekenddinner037.jpg

weekenddinner036.jpg

weekenddinner038.jpg