Wednesday 3/7/2012 What's on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have a bottom round roast which will probably be stew.

Any plans?

Embryodad

I'm thinking along the line of....uh..Chili, but kicking it up a bit by adding some diced cooked Hot Italian Sausage to Mine.
I'm trying to think of what proportions to do all this.

I guess 1/3 for DW plain and just a little spicy. ( I use the original Frenches Chil O Mix. only because DW cries when I make my own seasonings )...
I do NOT like to cook when certain somebody tastes ...smells .... and chews smaking lips and saying..hmmm...hmmm...let me see...hmmmm something is different...hmmm..is it cinnamon ??? uhhhh noooo wait a minute...
or Ooooo .... OOoooo.... Oooooo did you add more pepper to this????

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!! ....

Last time I used a tsp. of Cumin Powder, and I never heard the end of it!

SOoooo! Its plain chil O mix .. and mine gets extra seasonings that I like after I separate the batch! ....

YET.... listen to this.. they will eat Wendy's Chili or resaurant homemade chili...and Love the livin heck out of it..even if it burns their tongue!
I can't figure it out!.. L O L

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm having my Wendy's fix right now :mrgreen:, cheeseburger all the way. Don't know about dinner yet.

Leni

Probably something with chicken. I came home with a family pack of huge breasts. One made a dinner for the three of us along with a salad and beets. I'm going to have to freeze some of them. It's very windy and cold right now so grilling them is out. I'm debating between frying or roasting. I've got a new deep fryer that I might use.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My stew meat is almost done. Smells wonderful in here. I will wait till after I pick DD#2 up from after school class project session at classmates house to prep and toss in the veggies.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beef stew (bottom round cut into beef cubes dredged in nicely seasoned flour then browned, carrots, celery, potatoes, pearl onions, dry onion soup mix, water, gravy master and burgundy wine). The picture looks a bit messy because the beef cubes were so tender they fell apart.

030712_beef_stew_P1090397-1.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we're going to the bar i think. we'll see if the pub-grub is any good tonite.

Leni

I'm going to see if I'm any good at making Southern fried chicken Mama's way. The breasts are in butter milk at the moment.

GotGarlic

I went to dinner with a friend tonight - half-price beer/wine specials and 50-cent taco night. Can't beat it.

AllenOK

I marinated some pork chops in apple juice and minced ginger. I'm baking them right now, with some of the marinade in the pan, covered (more like steaming), with salt and pepper on the chops, and some thinly sliced Granny Smith apple. Mashed and peas for sides.

Embryodad

I marinated some pork chops in apple juice and minced ginger. I'm baking them right now, with some of the marinade in the pan, covered (more like steaming), with salt and pepper on the chops, and some thinly sliced Granny Smith apple. Mashed and peas for sides.
Surely does sound great!... Pork with apples always a mate! IMO

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Beef stew (bottom round cut into beef cubes dredged in nicely seasoned flour then browned, carrots, celery, potatoes, pearl onions, dry onion soup mix, water, gravy master and burgundy wine). The picture looks a bit messy because the beef cubes were so tender they fell apart.

030712_beef_stew_P1090397-1.jpg

Thank you and your beef stew also looks wonderful. Yum, yum! :chef:

Embryodad

Made Chili... DW's was plain..
I added diced Hot Italian Sausage to mine...

She ate her pigs feet and the neighbor next door sent over some Turkey Meatballs..She munched on them. I passed on them! I'm not a Turkey Meatball Fan either.
Especially Ground !!... Turkey on T-Giving is enough for me!

9ed2e3bc.jpg

411f91e1.jpg

1e2dcc3a.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yum, ls- healthy/delicious.

leni, is there frank's or anything in that....... where's mama's recipe @~ thanx!

K

Kimchee

Chicken roulades, stuffed with ham and cheese.
I made a pan drippings gravy, with white wine, morel,
shiitake and cremini mushrooms.
Got the "you can make this again" seal of approval!

Leni

I made mine with Red Rooster. I did a site search and found the recipe. Mama it was the best fried chicken that I've ever made.

Leni

Luv's I used Red Rooster instead of Franks. Mama, that was the best chicken I've ever made. I was bad and ate all of the skin. Good thing that no one else likes it.

In some extra-virgin olive oil, sauteed up some sliced yellow & orange bell peppers, some sweet Texas onions, & some sliced-in-half-lengthwise mild Italian chicken sausages. Served them on crusty Italian bread with melted mozzarella, crushed red pepper flakes, & dried oregano.