What's for Dinner, Sunday 6-12-11?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm making Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken with homemade linguine noodles and broccoli for a side. I have some baguette dough retarding in the fridge, and will be making a lattice top apple pie for dessert. Hoz 'bout yoos guys?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I've had a hankerin' for an Alsatian onion tart for weeks now. I have to get it out of my system , so I'm going to make it today. Maybe just a salad with it.

Oh. And a nice glass of wine.

Norm

I just put a brisket in the smoker. I like to mice some of the "burnt ends" and add them to BBQ beans.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I just put a brisket in the smoker. I like to mice some of the "burnt ends" and add them to BBQ beans.
Mice? The other white meat? LOL Sorry Just kidding. Smoked brisket sounds good. Send some and beans please.

Nancy-MD

I'm making meatballs, Italian style, and sauce with my homegrown tomatoes from last year. I wanted to bake some of Barb's whole wheat bread but lost track of time and now it's too late. Maybe tomorrow.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am still feeling kinda crappy. My girl stayed home from school on thursday and I think she gave it to me. I have another frozen mac and cheese and salisbury steak w/gravy that I will microwave. And fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower (my DD wants also wants guacamole and pico from last night. Strange combo but thats what she wants).

Carolina Cooking

My 'air' is out, so I doubt I will eat anything. Or maybe a root beer float to try to keep cool.

It shot as as hell in my house even my poopers are panting like crazy..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My 'air' is out, so I doubt I will eat anything. Or maybe a root beer float to try to keep cool.

I HATE when the air isn't cold enough or not working. So sorry. I like to make a float with diet A&W root beer and sugar free coffee ice cream.

Norm

Today was smoked brisket, grilled corn, marinated and grilled napa cabbage, BBQ baked beans and store bought potato salad.

DSCF3082-1.jpg

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken with homemade linguine noodles, broccoli, salad, baguette and apple pie for dessert.

P1030686.jpg

P1030689.jpg

P1030685.jpg

P1030692.jpg

Nancy-MD

Oh no! That's going to make for one miserable night tonight. I hope you get your AC fixed soon. Stay hydrated.
Today was smoked brisket, grilled corn, marinated and grilled napa cabbage, BBQ baked beans and store bought potato salad.

DSCF3082-1.jpg
Yum! I love smoked brisket! Great meal right there!
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken with homemade linguine noodles, broccoli, salad, baguette and apple pie for dessert.

P1030686.jpg

P1030689.jpg

P1030685.jpg

P1030692.jpg
I make a cream cheese crockpot chicken dish too. Maybe it's the same recipe. It's mighty good. I make it on my stove though and not in the crockpot.
OMG that pie! That is just gorgeous. Wish I had the gumption to just whip up a pie. I can imagine how amazing that tastes! Great job!

Nancy-MD

I made sauce from some homegrown tomato puree I made last summer and froze. Have to make freezer room for the batches I'll be making soon from this year's tomatoes. I decided on Italian meatballs rather than a meat sauce, so I made up 2 lbs. and simmered them in the sauce.

Attachments

• spaghetti with Italian meatballs 002.jpg
    spaghetti with Italian meatballs 002.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 261

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made sauce from some homegrown tomato puree I made last summer and froze. Have to make freezer room for the batches I'll be making soon from this year's tomatoes. I decided on Italian meatballs rather than a meat sauce, so I made up 2 lbs. and simmered them in the sauce.
YUMMY Nan!! I want meatballs and pasta!!

Crockpot cream cheese chicken and steamed broccoli.
Hey there!! Missed ya!!

PSSST BTW Did you have dinner at Joe's house? LOL J/K

I really need this recipe. If 3 people make it, it must be great.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Joe, that looks great! Tell me about Cream Cheese Chicken? What all is in it, and how is it made?
THis is a recipe that's been around for at least 10 years online, but I made it from this recipe on Food.com, and added sliced carrots and celery for the last half hour or so until they were tender. I had a whole chicken in the freezer, so I used that and used all the pan drippings when adding the soup and cream cheese. Next time I make this I will make the chicken in my dutch oven so I can finish the sauce on the stovetop, because my crockpot does not get hot enough to sufficiently melt the cream cheese. I actually transferred the sauce to the DO and finished the sauce because the cream cheese was not melting well,

I also made 50% whole wheat fettuccine with a splash of EVOO which just has more flavor than plain white flour pasta. You can see the speckle from the whole wheat flour in the pasta.

P1030690.jpg

My daughter took the recipe home, and she's going to make this for company, and then put the leftovers in a pie crust for pot pies. I just may do that with my leftovers tomorrow if I have the time.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Thanks. Joe. It looks great!

I made individual Alsatian Onion Tarts. I used the recipe from Hubert Keller's website, and it was spectacular.

The crust was VERY rich, with a whole stick of butter to just 1 1/4 cup flour. Instead of one pie, I made 6 individual 4-inch tarts.

Here they are lined with buttered foil, filled with ceramic weights, and ready for the oven.

onion tarts 002.jpg

I sliced up 7 cups of onions. Here's what they reduced to after nearly an hour of cooking.

onion tarts 003.jpg

The finished tart was a hit! It was a lot of work, but definitely worth it. I have leftovers to take for lunch.

Attachments

• onion tarts 006.jpg
    onion tarts 006.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 247

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I made individual Alsatian Onion Tarts. I used the recipe from Hubert Keller's website, and it was spectacular.

The crust was VERY rich, with a whole stick of butter to just 1 1/4 cup flour. Instead of one pie, I made 6 individual 4-inch tarts.

Here they are lined with buttered foil, filled with ceramic weights, and ready for the oven.

View attachment 12169

I sliced up 7 cups of onions. Here's what they reduced to after nearly an hour of cooking.

View attachment 12170

The finished tart was a hit! It was a lot of work, but definitely worth it. I have leftovers to take for lunch.
They look fantastic and the plate is wonderfully photographed!!

I see the bacon, did you add the olives and/or the anchovies?

Nancy-MD

THis is a recipe that's been around for at least 10 years online, but I made it from this recipe on Food.com, and added sliced carrots and celery for the last half hour or so until they were tender. I had a whole chicken in the freezer, so I used that and used all the pan drippings when adding the soup and cream cheese. Next time I make this I will make the chicken in my dutch oven so I can finish the sauce on the stovetop, because my crockpot does not get hot enough to sufficiently melt the cream cheese. I actually transferred the sauce to the DO and finished the sauce because the cream cheese was not melting well,

I also made 50% whole wheat fettuccine with a splash of EVOO which just has more flavor than plain white flour pasta. You can see the speckle from the whole wheat flour in the pasta.

P1030690.jpg

My daughter took the recipe home, and she's going to make this for company, and then put the leftovers in a pie crust for pot pies. I just may do that with my leftovers tomorrow if I have the time.
That's the same exact recipe I use Joe! It's been floating around the net for years now. I make mine on the stove top and brown my chicken pieces first, it really adds more flavor and looks more appealing than a white piece of chicken on the plate. I also just go ahead and use a whole can of chicken broth (what are the regular sized ones, 13 oz. or so?) because we like a lot of the sauce. The addition of carrots and celery as you have done would make it taste so much better. I'll try that the next time I make it.
That pasta does look amazing!

View attachment 12169

View attachment 12170

Beautiful, SS! Oh my!