The "Breakfast" thread

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Omelets for breakfast this morning. Ham, cheese, green and red peppers, onions and mushrooms.

Attachments

• breakfast-05062011.jpg
    breakfast-05062011.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 444

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great, Mama and Peep!

But, Peep, those eggs need a bit more brown color! LOL! ;-)

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great, Mama and Peep!

But, Peep, those eggs need a bit more brown color! LOL! ;-)

Lee

lee, you'd weep @ my eggs, probably. they're almost raw. luv my food pared away to nearly-uncooked. :)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I haven't bought any bacon in a long time but my stash in the freezer is getting low. Has it really gotten that expensive????? I think the last time I bought any was at Sam's and it was $9 for 3 pounds.

Carolina Cooking

I haven't bought any bacon in a long time but my stash in the freezer is getting low. Has it really gotten that expensive????? I think the last time I bought any was at Sam's and it was $9 for 3 pounds.

I picked up a bogo of smithfield @food lion a while back. It gone. When I have it I use it up fast..

I bought turkey bacon one time :yuk::yuk:

I buy it at costco. Kirkland brand. It s 4lb for $7. I bet its gone up tho. costco is almost 1 hr away. I don't go that often anymore.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, that's good to hear. I thought you were talking about $10 for a pound of bacon :lol: I was freaking out :yum:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I stocked up when Publix had it BOGO. Oscar Meyer - any style.

I bought 3 pounds of extra thick sliced, applewood and got 3 pounds free. It came to about $2.50 a pound, which is real cheap for the extra thick applewood smoked.

it;s in my freezer.

Norm

a few days ago I saw Jaques Pepin "poach" an egg in oil instead of water so I tried it today. It was good but I doubt I'll bother with the extra time, mess and expense involved in doing it again.. Poached eggs are good, fried eggs are good, oil poached eggs are just a little over the top IMHO>

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
a few days ago I saw Jaques Pepin "poach" an egg in oil instead of water so I tried it today. It was good but I doubt I'll bother with the extra time, mess and expense involved in doing it again.. Poached eggs are good, fried eggs are good, oil poached eggs are just a little over the top IMHO>

Well, that's interesting. I'd never heard of an oil poached egg. That would be like deep frying an egg wouldn't it? I would think it would, at the very least, "spit" at you.

Norm

It did spit. You break the egg and slip it in oil as if it were poached and it protested the treatment for sure. lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Lee I don't like my eggs brown but I will cook them for you that way if you wish. XOXOXO

We only really like Shop-Rite brand bacon and I buy it when on sale. It has more meat on it than Oscar. If I have no other choice I will pick up Smithfield if it is available. If not we LOVE taylor ham and use them in place of each other all the time!! LOL

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I had a real hankerin' for scrambled eggs today. But by the time I was done loading them up with swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms, scallions and cream, it was more like a scrambled omelette!

Attachments

• scrambled omelette 001.jpg
    scrambled omelette 001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 170

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had a real hankerin' for scrambled eggs today. But by the time I was done loading them up with swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms, scallions and cream, it was more like a scrambled omelette!
OH LORD that looks fantastic SS!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I forgot to post this on 5/3/11. I actually made breakfast for breakfast!! LOL

2 Egg Omelet (Chopped fresh - onion, mushroom, baby spinach ground sea salt & ground peppercorns sautéed in butter till nicely carmelized the 2 scrambled eggs added), sliced vine tomato, red seedless grapes and a cuppa Joe. (After I took the picture I divided the food in ½ to share with hubby)

050311_spninach_mushrroom_onion_omelet.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Fried Spam, hash browns, over medium eggs, biscuits and fresh strawberries were on the menu thins morning.

Attachments

• breakfast05302011.jpg
    breakfast05302011.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 182

Mr. Green Jeans

Fried Spam, hash browns, over medium eggs, biscuits and fresh strawberries were on the menu thins morning.

What a treat it must be to wake up in your house Mama! I have sweet potato bread baking which will be nice to stuff in the lunch box the rest of the week.

Norm

I just made breakfast but if I had to do it again, it would be like yours mama.

Mine was a cheese omelet, bacon and toast with juice and coffee.