The "Breakfast" thread

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Mom is supposed to visit. gonna see if we can get brunch. i missed the seafood lunch they went to at Christmas & would luv to get lunch (breakfast to me) later on.
there's an noodle restaurant that has scads of noodle soups.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Haven't had corned beef hash is years. I love that stuff with a couple of eggs cooked on top!

We had fried potatoes, bacon, eggs, sliced tomatoes, toast, OJ and coffee.

Attachments

• breakfast01192013.jpg
    breakfast01192013.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 155

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Haven't had corned beef hash is years. I love that stuff with a couple of eggs cooked on top!

Please send me plate Mama.

Embryodad

Please send me plate Mama.

peep...Shhhhhhhhh!!!

don't say nothing...so Mama dont hear me...but....

She's putting super good breakfast thoughts in my mind.
She shouldn't show pictures like that..... LOL....

ps: I'll take 2 more eggs and skip the tomatoes, and call it a Mortal Sin!

:laugh:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i, too, would luv mama's breakfast.

as fer my actual breakfast-
i'm makin' vegemite toast & marmite toast. gonna evaluate the 2 on thier +/- aspects. i've already decided vegemite is the better of the two, yet i'm compelled to contradict myself.:huh:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
LT has spammed this thread.
:corny:looks yummy, tho.

vegemite wins. fer a minute.then a mood swing/craving may ensue. then i'll decide i cannot pick 1. i luv them both.
i'll change my mind half an hour later, tho. that's my job. i'm a woman

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had a house full yesterday with the kids and grandkids, and our DD is coming back today to do some shopping since DW has the day off and will watch the grandkids. We asked for the two year old, Alexa, to just stay here overnight so she didn't have to deal with two kids in the morning, and after much arm-twisting (NOT :lol: ), she gave in and let her stay. When she went to bed she asked if grandpa could make pancakes for breakfast, and of course I said yes. BUT, what she doesn't know is that grandpa will be making pancake balls filled with raspberry jam, instead of the plain old flapjacks. Aebelskivers! Since I haven't made them for awhile, I did a maiden run for myself just get back in the swing of things. They came out just fine and very tasty with just a powdered sugar topping and sweet raspberry filling.

Aebelskivers012113.jpg

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Now you have me wanting something sweet Joe. Wife made me SOS this morning. It was good to get a change from eggs or cereal. Maybe I can get her to make some blueberry pancakes tomorrow. I do all the outside work when it gets cold if she makes breakfast. Although it may be 9 am till I get it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Now you have me wanting something sweet Joe. Wife made me SOS this morning. It was good to get a change from eggs or cereal. Maybe I can get her to make some blueberry pancakes tomorrow. I do all the outside work when it gets cold if she makes breakfast. Although it may be 9 am till I get it.
I have posted this in the past, but my favorite breakfast while in the Air Force was a plate sized pancake smothered in SOS and topped with two eggs over-easy. then I would chop it all up into itself and chow down. I'm getting hungry just remembering those days.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That looks like mine this morning Peeps. I also had 4 slices of turkey bacon I found in the downstairs freezer when I got out a ham slice. Kutztown brand turkey bacon and it is good. The only brand i can stand to eat. Had leftover chili and rice for dinner.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:drink2:should be breakfast. 20 of 'em, as my feline has made this very clear to me: snooze is allowed when she says so.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
While I was waiting on the coffee pot I nuked a small plate of stuffing. I am thinking about chipped beef over some more and maybe some diced taters.:thumb:

Leni

Chopped up some bacon and fried it. Added diced onion until done and then poured scrambled eggs over the mixture, stirred until done the eggs are done. Then I made a sandwich with it. :smile:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds good Leni. Till I took her to the hot tub and got the cat out when he fell in my morning got off to a wild start. I never got anything else but another cup of coffee. I need to knock some fluid off so I did not eat much till supper.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That looks great. Had SOS on double fiber whole wheat toast. Have a small container left for Sunday morning.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
This is maple weekend up here and a lot of the syrup producers have open houses etc. The local fire co. always runs a benefit breakfast and man is it good. Scrambled eggs,pancakes and sausage with a chance to sample all the different syrups. I know a lot of the fireman from my time with the neighboring company so I enjoy going and chatting while they cook. I was doing fine till the one girl came around asking did i want more. I had already killed a big plate and she brought out another one with eggs one pancake and 2 more sausages. Now I am so full I could explode.:bonk: