Let's Play with .... Crescent Rolls!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
crescent_rolls_lets_play_with.jpg

Please add recipes for your favorite uses of store bought raw or cooked crescent rolls. Pictures are always welcome but not a must.

Start with crescent rolls and then ...................

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i strongly recommend lee's recipe. these 'er so very very deliciuos!

Please add recipes for your favorite uses of store bought raw or cooked crescent rolls. Pictures are always welcome but not a must.
Start with crescent rolls and then ...................

I love chicken salad on a croissant, with a side of fresh fruit. I have a favorite croissant shoppe that sells everything you can think of - in a croissant, from chocolate to sandwiches.

Re refrigerated, I've made pizza, rugalach (rolled cookie w/ chocolate chips or apricot preserves, etc), & mushroom & sour cream-filled croissants.

I'm planning on using refrigerated biscuit dough for char siu - Chinese pork-filled buns.

Carolina Cooking

Apple Dumpling's

2 granny smith cored/peeled cut in wedges
roll each wedge with triangle ( 1 can) can use 2 cans.

1cup butter
1cup or 1/2 c more sugar
dash or 2 of cinna. heat till sauce.
can add vanilla if you want.
pour over apple rollups in a 9x13 bake dish

Add 12oz can of mountain dew.
you can use 1/2 can if you want. if useing 1can crescents.

I have done it both ways. It still works.

bake 35/45 min 350`

:readytoeat:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
http://morethanjustnoodles.blogspot.com/2008/04/bacon-chicken-crescent-ring.html

I'd forgotten about this one! :brows:
-----------------------------

2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss
cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped
sweet red pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Italian
salad dressing mix

DIRECTIONS
Grease a 14-in. pizza pan. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Place wide end of one triangle 3 in. from edge of prepared pan with point overhanging edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles along outer edge of pan, overlapping the wide ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide ends together.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).

Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.

April 2008 039.jpg

Leni

I like to make breakfast sandwiches with them. Actually I like to slice a crossant in half and bake until they are crunchy. In the meantime I cook bacon and scrambled eggs. Put them in the crossant and then I add cheddar cheese. It makes a great breakfast.

Nancy-MD

http://morethanjustnoodles.blogspot.com/2008/04/bacon-chicken-crescent-ring.html

1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix

DIRECTIONS
Grease a 14-in. pizza pan. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Place wide end of one triangle 3 in. from edge of prepared pan with point overhanging edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles along outer edge of pan, overlapping the wide ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide ends together.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).

View attachment 12184
Those are good! I made a similar one once from a Pampered Chef recipe I had. It looks pretty too.

Nancy-MD

1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix

DIRECTIONS

View attachment 12184
Those are good! I made a similar one once from a Pampered Chef recipe I had. It looks pretty too.

QuirkyCookery

I actually went looking for a picture of my crescent roll ring until I scrolled down and saw one. That's my favorite way of presentation, although I like doing it with a broccoli and cheese mixture instead.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Some great ideas everyone! Thank you.

I make that old stand by pigs in a blanket with cocktail hot dogs and sometimes with cheese.

GotGarlic

Sometimes I make Sunday breakfast pastry with them - spoon 1-2 tbsp. strawberry (or your favorite) preserves in the wide end of each crescent, roll them up and bake on parchment paper, to contain any oozing preserves.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sometimes I make Sunday breakfast pastry with them - spoon 1-2 tbsp. strawberry (or your favorite) preserves in the wide end of each crescent, roll them up and bake on parchment paper, to contain any oozing preserves.
That sounds YUMMY!!