Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t do Cell Phones

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’m curious about choices and styles. What kind of cell phone(s) do you have? For Poll reasons, pick the phone you use primarily.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DW and I both have just a basic flip. We don’t use them much, but she likes having that leash on me! :lol:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-V195-Unlocked-Cell-Phone/dp/B0021EOA8Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244678005&sr=8-2[/ame]

2dlnlzl.jpg

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
nope no cell phone here in canada...too damn expensive..

but while in USA i have a couple of them

Motorola razr v3

and a cheap Kyocera Oystr that i bought at best buy for $10 and then they gave me a $10 gift card...total cost was 70 cents..lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I had a Motorola RAZR until May 29th when I switched from AT&T to T Mobile. Due to the fact I can't get AT&T to unlock the phone I got a free one from T Mobile a Samsung t639 which also is a great phone. I like the flip type as I don't break them as easily as those without covers.

It is funny too since my only requirement for a phone is I can talk on it and hear it as well as it will take as message if I can't answer. I have no interest in text mail nor Internet on a phone at all nor navigation software. I have never taken a picture with either of my phones and both have camera and video capabilities. I even block all text messages to my phone don't even want to know about them. :whistling:

Attachments

• Samsung T639.jpg
    Samsung T639.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 164

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Blackberry 8800 international version. My contract's up next month so I'm looking at options.

Any suggestions?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I guess I should also mention that DW has a BB Curve in Ruby Red, Katie has a red LG GR500, and Mitch has a metallic blue LG GR500.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
You missed the most important type of phone "One That Works!" :yum:

I have an old RAZR. It still works so no reason to trade.

My wife has a RAZR v3. The thing she likes the most is that it is a shiny deep blue. :pat: As a bonus you can make and receive telephones calls!

Jim

chowhound

I loved my razr3 for the trial time that I had it.
I need good phone quality and a loud ringer. Plus calendar and alarm. And intuitive use is always nice. And that's always been a problem with Motorolas. A crackberry seems to be the only phone that covers my needs, but I've had quite a few others. My preference is a flip, but I'm currently using a Pearl, which isn't a flip. Small phone, but the buttons are too sensitive to carry it in a jeans pocket. Squat down, you hear buttons going off (lol). Gotta keep it locked, which is just one more thing to screw with to make a call. Love the voice dialing, too. My EnVee definitely took the best pics though. I don't know why all cells don't have lens covers... I tried a touch screen for a while. The voyager and the venus? (I think). Not a fan of touch screens. I'll probably get that new flip crackberry, but I'm not sure AT&T offers it. I'll probably still get it though.

chowhound

My wife has a RAZR v3. The thing she likes the most is that it is a shiny deep blue. :pat: As a bonus you can make and receive telephones calls!

Jim

Well yeah... color's important.
Were you born yesterday?

:hide:

:lol:

I wish my bb came in a razr's skin.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Jim

We used to have RAZRs, and DW's was a hot metallic pink that was just "so pretty". And you're right, she could even make and receive calls too! :lol:

We dropped AT&T though and went to T-Mobile. The phones we have now actually get 2-3 bars in the house (we live out in the country) where the Razr would only get 1-2 bars IF I walked outside and stood in the driveway! :angry:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I loved my razr3 for the trial time that I had it.
I need good phone quality and a loud ringer. Plus calendar and alarm. And intuitive use is always nice. And that's always been a problem with Motorolas. A crackberry seems to be the only phone that covers my needs, but I've had quite a few others. My preference is a flip, but I'm currently using a Pearl, which isn't a flip. Small phone, but the buttons are too sensitive to carry it in a jeans pocket. Squat down, you hear buttons going off (lol). Gotta keep it locked, which is just one more thing to screw with to make a call. Love the voice dialing, too. My EnVee definitely took the best pics though. I don't know why all cells don't have lens covers... I tried a touch screen for a while. The voyager and the venus? (I think). Not a fan of touch screens. I'll probably get that new flip crackberry, but I'm not sure AT&T offers it. I'll probably still get it though.

The Samsung T639 like I have has those features as well as good sound and load ring tones as well as a way to turn them up. Some of its features are as follows:

G3 capable
1000 Contact Phone book
you can assign a photo and one of 21 polyphonic ringtones
A vibrate mode or combination ringtone vibrate
text and multimedia messaging
alarm clock
calendar
task list
notepad
calculator
voice recorder
world clock
stopwatch
timer
unit converter
tip calculator
Bluetooth is also onboard, as is a speakerphone

It also works with it also supports T-Mobile's myFaves feature, which gives you unlimited calling minutes to any five numbers on any network, even landlines.

I loved my RAZR V3 but actually like this phone better though it is laid out the same it has more features with as good of sound and blue tooth is easy on it if one needs hand off control.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Oops = Skewed poll results - I have a Blackberry (Storm) so I voted Blackberry. Since it is a large touch screen, should I have voted Iphone (Oh! HowI hate that word) Large touch screen.

Andy

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
By the way - If I could I would be an "I don't do cell phones." I think the camera on mine is available to the world with a sign that says "He is in a very inconvenient position, call him.'

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've had this one for over a year now. I gave one son my old Razr, which I loved, and got this. It works great, I like the keyboard, and the menus are very user-friendly. I did switch out the battery for and extended battery, so I can talk for hours without the battery dying.

Attachments

• lg-envy-86582.jpg
    lg-envy-86582.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 151

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a Samsung DVD Camcorder with a short battery life and long charging time. Now my samsung phone hold a charge for a long time and charges very fast, even in the car. I guess they need to figure out how to use a phone battery in their camcorder but then I've been ruined by canon battery life.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I've had this one for over a year now. I gave one son my old Razr, which I loved, and got this. It works great, I like the keyboard, and the menus are very user-friendly. I did switch out the battery for and extended battery, so I can talk for hours without the battery dying.

What style would you call that? It looks like a Brick, but then it flips for a QWERTY keyboard. I remember seeing a phone like that years ago in a movie where the guy was a super spy, and this gadget was a super tech device he used to get orders......now it's just a phone everyone can use! Cool!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
A flip is a knock off of the communicator used on the original Star Trek as a matter of fact that is where the guy that invented the mobile phone got the idea from.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What style would you call that? It looks like a Brick, but then it flips for a QWERTY keyboard. I remember seeing a phone like that years ago in a movie where the guy was a super spy, and this gadget was a super tech device he used to get orders......now it's just a phone everyone can use! Cool!
I was wondering that myself. I think it's closer to a brick, since you can talk without opening the phone. I think it was really designed for texting, but I like the full keyboard when I'm entering things in the calendar or the notepad or just phone numbers. I can even do it without reading glasses!

Biskit

Samsung Hue for my personal phone. Work phone is a Samsung..........something. Both flips. Both good phones.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
A flip is a knock off of the communicator used on the original Star Trek as a matter of fact that is where the guy that invented the mobile phone got the idea from.

And have you noticed that Shatner will be one of the first people to tell you that?!?!! :lol: